The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

I've had a few too many Tennents.

However I do think McGlynn struggles to get more out of players than the sum of their parts.

You have Ryan Williamson who has won this league twice sat on your bench, yes he's struggled with injury but I still think he would have something to offer you.

Williamson is unfortunately, absolutely done. 

That said, Blaine Rowe is a better right back in all areas except MAYBE when Williamson goes on those galloping charges down the wing, but even then, before his last injury, he wasn't able to recover from one of those runs. His lungs were empty. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It is a combination of a number of things in my view. Stubborn, one dimensional tactics in certain games, an inability to cope with physicality and not playing our most natural goal scorer. I also think more effort should have been made to offload some of the dead wood in the summer rather than waiting till January. 

We have a better squad imo than Dunfermline so to be 11 points behind them in March is pretty poor.

Did you offer to pitch in with the cash to pay them off then? 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We have a better squad imo than Dunfermline so to be 11 points behind them in March is pretty poor.

Rubbish. Yes it's disappointing to be 11 points behind but Dunfermline have been far more consistent across the 29 games both clubs have played this season. They've lost 1 game all season so fair play to them, they deserve the league for that alone

3 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Well there have been no opportunities since to announce. The cup run will bring in c. 600 - 800 by the end and potentially over a million if we make the final. I think the 400K playing staff cut is off the table now for next season. And there are big efforts behind the scenes to raise money - the hospitality/commercial guys have been playing a blinder for instance.

And there are lots of new sponsors they are bringing to the table. He is just looking to make trouble 

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think there's any chance that they'll cut McGlynn's budget by that figure if there's money available to sustain it, certainly won't be funding the academy to that extent at the expense of the 1st team. The only infrastructure that I could see them improving would be the pitch simply because it's nearing the end and (I believe) there's a substantial grant available if we install a new one soon.

Nah, I think our floodlights are in need of modernisation too. Not gazillions of ££££, but it will still be a significant spend.

Kept up for 3/4  of a season. Unlucky folks

The bigger club comes through in the end.  Dunfermline is about twice the size of Falkirk. It was inevitable.

Love how these gimps hate Fifers but I'm scratching my head as to what their region is....  Is Central a real region?

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Nah, I think our floodlights are in need of modernisation too. Not gazillions of ££££, but it will still be a significant spend.

Weren’t they replaced after the Rawlins came on board? It was definitely on their “list” of achievements they read out at the AGM or could have been the Inchyra night (shudders).

17 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

The bigger club comes through in the end.  Dunfermline is about twice the size of Falkirk. It was inevitable.

Love how these gimps hate Fifers but I'm scratching my head as to what their region is....  Is Central a real region?

Must be a right embarrassment still being owned by a club our size then.

Screenshot_20230325_202239_Samsung Internet.jpg

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

3 stands in Grangemouth, 1 wheel in Falkirk. The golden land of Fife just over the brig. What a piggle to get yourselves into as well, thinking you can compete with a City team, like the Mars Bars (Pars). 

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Must be a right embarrassment still being owned by a club our size then.

Screenshot_20230325_202239_Samsung Internet.jpg

You posted that before.

Why do you think that results close to a century ago and results over five decades ago are in any way relevant? Indeed, why are any results from the previous century relevant? Were you there in October 1936 for that famous Falkirk win? Or Septmber 1951 for that renowned Falkirk victory? How about January 1952?

None of those results change the fact that we are now 11 points clear. Should we win the league I doubt any Pars fan or anyone at the club will ask that we hand back the trophy because Falkirk beat us in some games 87/72/73 years ago.

Presumably because we won the Scottish Cup in 1961 and 1968 Falkirk won't bother with their semi final next month?

Edited by DA Baracus

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You posted that before.

Why do you think that results close to a century ago and results over five decades ago are in any way relevant? Indeed, why are any results from the previous century relevant? Were you there in October 1936 for that famous Falkirk win? Or Septmber 1951 for that renowned Falkirk victory? How about January 1952?

None of those results change the fact that we are now 11 points clear. Should we win the league I doubt any Pars fan or anyone at the club will ask that we hand back the trophy because Falkirk beat us in some games 87/72/73 years ago.

Presumably because we won the Scottish Cup in 1961 and 1968 Falkirk won't bother with their semi final next month?

I'm not the one craving attention on here with the my clubs bigger than your club pish. This is Dunfermlines  season I've no doubt in the future it will be our season again. It's been like that for decades. 

54 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

That’s a Fife education for you.  Does that explain the neediness too?

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I'm not the one craving attention on here with the my clubs bigger than your club pish. This is Dunfermlines  season I've no doubt in the future it will be our season again. It's been like that for decades. 

Neither am I. Unsure why anyone doing that makes Falkirk winning against us nearly 90 years ago relevant.