The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Dunfermline started this season with a very strong squad that had massively underperformed under two clueless managers who managed to relegate a team that had been one of the favourites for promotion.

I think plenty of Dunfermline fans would respectfully disagree with your assertion that McPake inherited a squad ready made to cruise uncontested to the title and automatic promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking. I don't think he inherited anything of the sort, making their achievement all the more impressive.

Just now, Craigypar said:

I'm watching them pal on montrose live stream 👍 maybe you should watch them and you will see a well oiled machine. Winnington he league at a canter.

Aye, but why the feck would you bother trolling through a Falkirk thread when you're watching your team winnington he leauge at a canter?

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I think plenty of Dunfermline fans would respectfully disagree with your assertion that McPake inherited a squad ready made to cruise uncontested to the title and automatic promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking. I don't think he inherited anything of the sort, making their achievement all the more impressive.

Nah, not having that. Certainly wouldn't be respectfully.

50 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Dunfermline started this season with a very strong squad that had massively underperformed under two clueless managers who managed to relegate a team that had been one of the favourites for promotion.

Lol we signed 2 players who have played in the league this season the rest have been loans some of which weren't in until the season had started.

We only won 7 games last year. McPake has massively improved the players who looked like utter dross last year.

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Well there have been no opportunities since to announce. The cup run will bring in c. 600 - 800 by the end and potentially over a million if we make the final. I think the 400K playing staff cut is off the table now for next season. And there are big efforts behind the scenes to raise money - the hospitality/commercial guys have been playing a blinder for instance.

Just Leave this trouble maker be. 

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Real fans go to games in person rather than click & connect 😂

3700 real fans at the Falkirk stadium last night then. Without a national team game getting into the road of travel etc. Was impossible to attend both the Scotland game and the pars game today. I know alot of pars fans at hampden today.

Edited by Craigypar

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

Lol we signed 2 players who have played in the league this season the rest have been loans some of which weren't in until the season had started.

We only won 7 games last year. McPake has massively improved the players who looked like utter dross last year.

That was the point that I was making!

6 minutes ago, Craigypar said:

3700 real fans at the Falkirk stadium last night then. Without a national team game getting into the road of travel etc. Was impossible to attend both the Scotland game and the pars game today. I know alot of pars fans at hampden today.

"Alot of pars fans at hampden today" is maybe a bit vague. 15 thousand of them.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

So, if the recruitment has been better then our present 'predicament' must be down to poor coaching and management?

It is a combination of a number of things in my view. Stubborn, one dimensional tactics in certain games, an inability to cope with physicality and not playing our most natural goal scorer. I also think more effort should have been made to offload some of the dead wood in the summer rather than waiting till January. 

We have a better squad imo than Dunfermline so to be 11 points behind them in March is pretty poor.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

It is a combination of a number of things in my view. Stubborn, one dimensional tactics in certain games, an inability to cope with physicality and not playing our most natural goal scorer. I also think more effort should have been made to offload some of the dead wood in the summer rather than waiting till January. 

We have a better squad imo than Dunfermline so to be 11 points behind them in March is pretty poor.

Better squad than dunfermline 🤣. I'd accept that if you were 11 points clear.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That was the point that I was making!

I've had a few too many Tennents.

However I do think McGlynn struggles to get more out of players than the sum of their parts.

You have Ryan Williamson who has won this league twice sat on your bench, yes he's struggled with injury but I still think he would have something to offer you.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

I've had a few too many Tennents.

However I do think McGlynn struggles to get more out of players than the sum of their parts.

You have Ryan Williamson who has won this league twice sat on your bench, yes he's struggled with injury but I still think he would have something to offer you.

Fair enough!

Unfortunately Williamson is completely done as a football player, though he has signed a pre contract with Montrose so good luck to the lad.