The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

Fair enough, I'll give it a listen midweek when I have time.

It seems unusual for the budget to be out of their hands when they have a responsibility for things such as commercial activities, major expenditure (ie pitch renewal) and management recruitment which drives onfield success but I'll see what they said before commenting further. 

I'd find it strange if that was the case after knowing we have the cup semi final (at least) bumper payday coming.

I think season ticket uptake next summer will be better than last too. I'm optimistic about our future.

21 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It was specifically mentioned in the latest Falkirk FC podcast https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2023/03/13/the-falkirk-football-club-podcast-episode-six-available-to-stream-now/

It was made pretty clear that the starting point for next season will be a £400k cut to the football budget and the cut will only be reduced if FSS and Falkirk Forever sign ups increase. If I recall directly, one of the directors actually said the budget for next season is out of their hands.

Save me trying to work it out; was the podcast before or after we beat Ayr?

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are all frustrated but some of the comments are way over the top. We have been poor the last three league games but up until then we had gone 3 months unbeaten and won them all apart from one. We need to turn things around again from next weekend and I am confident we will. 

Absolutely 👍

16 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Save me trying to work it out; was the podcast before or after we beat Ayr?

Before I believe. However, the directors seemed clear to me that they are looking to close a £400k operating gap- income and expenses without taking into account things like cup runs and transfer income.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Before I believe. However, the directors seemed clear to me that they are looking to close a £400k operating gap- income and expenses without taking into account things like cup runs and transfer income.

Without going through all podcasts and club statements, I’m sure it’s been flagged more than once that we kick off (and for many a season) with this funding gap, and a model that can’t be sustained. 

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

So what are we going to do with the money that we make from getting to Hampden?

55 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Fair enough, I'll give it a listen midweek when I have time.

It seems unusual for the budget to be out of their hands when they have a responsibility for things such as commercial activities, major expenditure (ie pitch renewal) and management recruitment which drives onfield success but I'll see what they said before commenting further. 

There won’t be a 400k budget cut end of. 

16 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d suspect it will be used to find things like the academy and maybe infrastructure improvements. 

I don't think there's any chance that they'll cut McGlynn's budget by that figure if there's money available to sustain it, certainly won't be funding the academy to that extent at the expense of the 1st team. The only infrastructure that I could see them improving would be the pitch simply because it's nearing the end and (I believe) there's a substantial grant available if we install a new one soon.

18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

You know more than the rest of us then as I haven’t seen the statement being retracted 

Well there have been no opportunities since to announce. The cup run will bring in c. 600 - 800 by the end and potentially over a million if we make the final. I think the 400K playing staff cut is off the table now for next season. And there are big efforts behind the scenes to raise money - the hospitality/commercial guys have been playing a blinder for instance.

To those on here saying that it is unacceptable to be so far behind Dunfermline perhaps you should take on board the following.

Dunfermline started this season with a very strong squad that had massively underperformed under two clueless managers who managed to relegate a team that had been one of the favourites for promotion.

Now that they have a competent manager it’s hardly a shock that they are going to win the title even if the style of football would make your eyes bleed.

In contrast McGlynn came to a club at its lowest ebb since the late 70’s.

A huge rebuild was required both on and off the pitch and only an idiot or someone with an agenda could possibly argue that the club is not now in a much stronger place.

We are a long way still from being where we need to be but I genuinely think that we will achieve promotion through the playoffs.

On a completely different point just watched the Scotland game, that new strip is a thing of beauty and would make a perfect Bairns kit.

40 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

So what are we going to do with the money that we make from getting to Hampden?

One thing is for sure whatever is done with the cup run money.

The budget set for next season must be based on a realistic income/outgoing estimate this time. Scrambling around mid-season knowing failure to come up with the cash would end the club cannot be allowed to happen again. Remember the wilderness years mid 1970s when we went part-time because of that exact same problem - horrendous never again.

Would prefer a cautious figure and if there is spare cash mid-season all well and good.

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

To those on here saying that it is unacceptable to be so far behind Dunfermline perhaps you should take on board the following.

Dunfermline started this season with a very strong squad that had massively underperformed under two clueless managers who managed to relegate a team that had been one of the favourites for promotion.

Now that they have a competent manager it’s hardly a shock that they are going to win the title even if the style of football would make your eyes bleed.

In contrast McGlynn came to a club at its lowest ebb since the late 70’s.

A huge rebuild was required both on and off the pitch and only an idiot or someone with an agenda could possibly argue that the club is not now in a much stronger place.

We are a long way still from being where we need to be but I genuinely think that we will achieve promotion through the playoffs.

On a completely different point just watched the Scotland game, that new strip is a thing of beauty and would make a perfect Bairns kit.

Hasn't made my eyes bleed. Not been overly stressful to watch a winning team. Next.

24 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What a lot of fucking garbage.

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Maybe you should go and watch them today rather than boring us?

I'm watching them pal on montrose live stream 👍 maybe you should watch them and you will see a well oiled machine. Winning the league at a canter.

Edited by Craigypar