The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Watching far too long it seems!

"higher bar" to give a penalty is just a poor excuse to say that getting it wrong is acceptable. 

You watch Penedictus every week so I suppose you're used to watching defenders get soft fouls for f**k all.

🤣 there it is. We've had plenty decisions go against us as well.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think you’ll find I’ve praised the team when appropriate and criticised when necessary.

Yes, John has done a fantastic job with the cup run. But equally, league performance has been mediocre Imo. Would you have been happy with sitting 11 points behind Dunfermline in league 1 in March under previous management teams and boards? I suspect not.

I think it’s a huge statement to say 2nd comfortably in the league, after the last few years, is “mediocre”. 8pts (currently) gap to Dunfermline is never good in any league for FFC but the bigger picture is we are on a journey & it’s an upward one. The fact that doesn’t suit some supporters is the mind boggling part. 

Last night wasn’t good enough in front of goal but we did dominate & for better finishing/better officiating we’d have likely scored 4/5 goals last night. 

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think you’ll find I’ve praised the team when appropriate and criticised when necessary.

Yes, John has done a fantastic job with the cup run. But equally, league performance has been mediocre Imo. Would you have been happy with sitting 11 points behind Dunfermline in league 1 in March under previous management teams and boards? I suspect not.

Who’s happy being 8 points, likely 11 by end of today ? I’ve missed that statement completely?

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think it’s a huge statement to say 2nd comfortably in the league, after the last few years, is “mediocre”. 8pts (currently) gap to Dunfermline is never good in any league for FFC but the bigger picture is we are on a journey & it’s an upward one. The fact that doesn’t suit some supporters is the mind boggling part. 

Last night wasn’t good enough in front of goal but we did dominate & for better finishing/better officiating we’d have likely scored 4/5 goals last night. 

Right, I’ve officially banned this type of chat. 

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

Yes, we are on an upward journey. However, we have been too inconsistent and therefore mediocre over the course of the league season in my view.

Yes, we went on a fantastic unbeaten run but prior to that we had won less than half of league games. We have not mounted any serious or sustained challenge for the league 1 title, which can only be classed as mediocre imo. Our points total is looking very similar to 19/20, during which a manager was punted.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are 8 behind. Mediocre? When did we last go 12/13 games unbeaten? Hughes ? Houston possibly? 

Previous Boards got us into this mess and the fans board are sorting the mess out. Your pals are gone get over it 

The point is we have not launched any serious title challenge and our league form has been inconsistent. I strongly suspect you’d have been on here slaying previous teams and boards for similar.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Yes, we are on an upward journey. However, we have been too inconsistent and therefore mediocre over the course of the league season in my view.

Yes, we went on a fantastic unbeaten run but prior to that we had won less than half of league games. We have not mounted any serious or sustained challenge for the league 1 title, which can only be classed as mediocre imo. Our points total is looking very similar to 19/20, during which a manager was punted.

After the last few seasons and the squad McGlynn was left it's madness to describe this season as mediocre. He's turned us around and then some in just two windows.

We're only second in the league because of how good Dunfermline have been, you're talking about us not mounting a serious title challenge but they've only lost 1 game in the league this season so fair fucks to them. 

No manager is going to get every signing right but nearly every signing he's made this season has been an improvement on what we had.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are 8 behind. Mediocre? When did we last go 12/13 games unbeaten? Hughes ? Houston possibly? 

Previous Boards got us into this mess and the fans board are sorting the mess out. Your pals are gone get over it 

That would have been in the Championship, we are in League 1 now so not comparing like with like.

We have seen an improvement in performances under McGlynn but not a massive improvement in results.

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

After the last few seasons and the squad McGlynn was left it's madness to describe this season as mediocre. He's turned us around and then some in just two windows.

We're only second in the league because of how good Dunfermline have been, you're talking about us not mounting a serious title challenge but they've only lost 1 game in the league this season so fair fucks to them. 

No manager is going to get every signing right but nearly every signing he's made this season has been an improvement on what we had.

I didn’t say the season has been mediocre- I said league performance (which is the bread and butter) has been. It’s easy to show improvement from our worst season in history but we are not significantly better in the league than 19/20 and 20/21 before the collapse.

It’s not just the lack of points against Dunfermline that has been poor imo- we have dropped too many points to poor teams like Kelty, Queen of the South, Clyde etc.

I agree recruitment has been significantly better, so it is disappointing the league performance hasn’t matched that.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

That would have been in the Championship, we are in League 1 now so not comparing like with like.

We have seen an improvement in performances under McGlynn but not a massive improvement in results.

The day of the Dunfermline game everyone was saying different. It is a blip IMO 

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I didn’t say the season has been mediocre- I said league performance (which is the bread and butter) has been. It’s easy to show improvement from our worst season in history but we are not significantly better in the league than 19/20 and 20/21 before the collapse.

It’s not just the lack of points against Dunfermline that has been poor imo- we have dropped too many points to poor teams like Kelty, Queen of the South, Clyde etc.

I agree recruitment has been significantly better, so it is disappointing the league performance hasn’t matched that.

The league performance and points gained not better than the last two seasons? Stop making things up to suit your agenda. You are just digging yourself a bigger hole. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are all frustrated but some of the comments are way over the top. We have been poor the last three league games but up until then we had gone 3 months unbeaten and won them all apart from one. We need to turn things around again from next weekend and I am confident we will. 

It’s always a balance. Some of the comments while we were winning were equally over the top. There’s been huge improvement from last season but there hasn’t really been a massive gap between McGlynn and M&M as managers. Huge difference in the amount of criticism either have received though as a result of poor results/performances. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The league performance and points gained not better than the last two seasons? Stop making things up to suit your agenda. You are just digging yourself a bigger hole. 

I think it’s clear who has the agenda on here. 19/20 we had played one game less and had three points less when the league was pulled, so clearly very similar to this season.

Fundamentally in my view we have too many players thinking they’re too good for league 1 (which they are on paper) but are not showing that on the pitch consistently enough. Doesn’t help that one of the biggest culprits has just been given a 2 year deal.

We are considerably better than we have been at any point since Houston's second-last season.

We actually have players who look like they want to be here, look like they enjoy playing for us and a manager who has actual experience in managing rather than handing out bibs.

Dunfermline are very good. That's why we're not top. Automatic promotion was always going to be difficult and given that we're not wildly consistent going up through the playoffs is a big ask as well.

Keep McGlynn and I am confident we will win the league next season.

The season has been a big improvement but there is a valid point the league campaign has been mediocre. Up until the good run which ended at EEP, we were up and down, no consistency. Now we seem to have fallen away a bit and the glamour of the cup is a part of that. 

It isn't acceptable to be this far behind Dunfermline. It's a huge lead that should be much tighter. Dunfermline haven't battered us in any of our games, they have just Had much more hunger to get that result no matter what. 

It's too late now but the cup game should have been put to the side the next again day. We worry about that at end of April. 

The big worry is a party at TFS on 8th April.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Simply not a true from a points perspective.

Snapshots of tables don't really provide any additional context whatsoever, which is really very much needed when discussing a subjective thing like "are we better".

We are though. And it's stunning that it's up for debate. 

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

We are considerably better than we have been at any point since Houston's second-last season.

We actually have players who look like they want to be here, look like they enjoy playing for us and a manager who has actual experience in managing rather than handing out bibs.

Dunfermline are very good. That's why we're not top. Automatic promotion was always going to be difficult and given that we're not wildly consistent going up through the playoffs is a big ask as well.

Keep McGlynn and I am confident we will win the league next season.

Nothing to fear in the play offs if we find our form. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Snapshots of tables don't really provide any additional context whatsoever, which is really very much needed when discussing a subjective thing like "are we better".

We are though. And it's stunning that it's up for debate. 

Who had more points after being in charge of 29 league matches, M&M or McGlynn? Who conceded more goals? Who scored more? 

Think this is a very fair debate. We seem significantly better because we have less c***s in the team and last season we had the 2 worst managers in the club's history back to back.

Would this side beat M&M's pre Holt lot? I'm not sure. Doubt it to be honest. Do I prefer McGlynn's as a squad? Absolutely. 

I think if he was being honest as a performance appraisal McGlynn would give himself 6.5 or 7 out of 10. That feels about right.

I don't think we'll get up through the playoffs.  I think Airdrie will beat us. But I think we'll win the division next season comfortably. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021