The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Your on a trip. Morrison is two yards onside when Donaldson shoots, Kennedy is not in active play. His position and actions had no bearing on the goal being scored.

The penalty claim, I’ll not even bother arguing that decision with you other than saying that’s down to the standard of officials. 

He literally goes to the ball and had to jump out the way for the shot. 

Lack of a cutting edge as the manager says in his interview. “Goal” not offside and another stonewalker denied. 
Need to rediscover our scoring touch quickly. 
Kelty, well, came for a point and got it. 

51 minutes ago, Heaton said:

He literally goes to the ball and had to jump out the way for the shot. 

Completely different phase of play when Morrison is shooting / scoring. As soon as the keeper makes the save phase 1 is finished. Official got it wrong ( Again )

2 hours ago, Heaton said:

FYI the offside ruled out goal was because Kennedy was off. Morrison pushed down would be a soft pen as he was tapped and fell down. 

If Morrison's is "soft" then why did the ref give the Kelty defender a free kick at the end in their box? He went down like a sack-of-spuds for less.

Idea for Hampden and get it on TV (not that it's not known by the SFA) to get yellow/red placards and highlight the refs aren't good enough. Make the statement for the whole league 😡

Another rancid performance. Fortunately the playoffs are a few cup ties back to back but im not sure we'll be favourites against Airdrie unless things change radically. 

On the plus side we're capable of much better and we're not that far removed from when we were flying. Maybe better to get this downturn now than in 5 games time. Plenty of time to change things.

Would like to see Ola Lawal and Jordan Allan given the next 2 or 3 games. Might as well really. We need a spark for the semi and the Airdrie playoff double header and it's not coming from the current starters

12 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

If Morrison's is "soft" then why did the ref give the Kelty defender a free kick at the end in their box? He went down like a sack-of-spuds for less.

Idea for Hampden and get it on TV (not that it's not known by the SFA) to get yellow/red placards and highlight the refs aren't good enough. Make the statement for the whole league 😡

I take it you haven't been watching football very long? Defenders always get very soft decisions in their favour. You can argue about why that might be - easier to give, less impact if it turns out to be wrong, higher bar to give a penalty or attacking free kick, take your pick - but it's a pretty standard feature of the game.

Let’s be honest here, if the officials done the job they are paid to do correctly we’d have won the game comfortably 2-0 (based on scoring the pen) and we wouldn’t be as frustrated as we all are. We’d have been saying it was one of the most comfortable wins of the season. A perfectly good goal disallowed and penalty not given after great play from Morrison. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Let’s be honest here, if the officials done the job they are paid to do correctly we’d have won the game comfortably 2-0 (based on scoring the pen) and we wouldn’t be as frustrated as we all are. We’d have been saying it was one of the most comfortable wins of the season. A perfectly good good disallowed and penalty not given after great play from Morrison. 

We are all frustrated but some of the comments are way over the top. We have been poor the last three league games but up until then we had gone 3 months unbeaten and won them all apart from one. We need to turn things around again from next weekend and I am confident we will. 

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are all frustrated but some of the comments are way over the top. We have been poor the last three league games but up until then we had gone 3 months unbeaten and won them all apart from one. We need to turn things around again from next weekend and I am confident we will. 

The thing I find most frustrating is people saying, and not just this game, if this had happened we’d have won comfortably. It’s probably my pet hate in football.

The reality is, and Allan or Burrell may be the answer but we ain’t getting to find out is, we don’t have a clinical centre forward who gets regular goals and game time.

Thought we comfortably controlled the game, but for consecutive games looked very lethargic and poor upfront.
No doubts whatsoever that we were denied a perfectly good goal and a blatant penalty.
Not sure why we've switched Morrison as far more productive on right, and with Airdrie accumulating cricket scores we need to ensure that we get back to winning ways.

Think last night was a reminder that regardless of where we end up, surgery is needed on the squad.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thought we comfortably controlled the game, but for consecutive games looked very lethargic and poor upfront.
No doubts whatsoever that we were denied a perfectly good goal and a blatant penalty.
Not sure why we've switched Morrison as far more productive on right, and with Airdrie accumulating cricket scores we need to ensure that we get back to winning ways.

Think last night was a reminder that regardless of where we end up, surgery is needed on the squad.

Airdrie so score a lot more goals than us - they’ve scored the most in the league by a mile. However they also concede a lot more than us. I’m hoping it’s a case of them peaking early rather than H1 being a bedding in period for their new manager and he’s now got it right.

29 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I take it you haven't been watching football very long? Defenders always get very soft decisions in their favour. You can argue about why that might be - easier to give, less impact if it turns out to be wrong, higher bar to give a penalty or attacking free kick, take your pick - but it's a pretty standard feature of the game.

Watching far too long it seems!

"higher bar" to give a penalty is just a poor excuse to say that getting it wrong is acceptable. 

You watch Penedictus every week so I suppose you're used to watching defenders get soft fouls for f**k all.

Edited by Blame Me

I wouldn’t be panicking yet, 7 games to go and a lot of football to be played. We look a wee bit jaded just now but it’s fine margins between us winning and not. Airdrie are on a bit of a run just now but that might not be the case by the play offs.

Keep the faith and don’t rise to the other fans fishing trips.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry, 4 points from 12 against Kelty Hearts is nowhere near good enough for a side wanting promotion. 

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Sorry, 4 points from 12 against Kelty Hearts is nowhere near good enough for a side wanting promotion. 

Where did I say it was? 
But you are just looking for an excuse to have a pop, same as that other clown who was on last night who hadn’t posted since December 8th 

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s 4 points more than the Falkirk teams of the past 4 seasons would have got. McGlynn has made us a better team and even if we don’t go up this season I would stick with him and Smith and give them the summer to try and address the areas of the squad that need work.

I’m an optimist though, we have a cup semi and play offs to look forward too. Even if we don’t go up this season things are definitely improving.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Where did I say it was? 
But you are just looking for an excuse to have a pop, same as that other clown who was on last night who hadn’t posted since December 8th 

I think you’ll find I’ve praised the team when appropriate and criticised when necessary.

Yes, John has done a fantastic job with the cup run. But equally, league performance has been mediocre Imo. Would you have been happy with sitting 11 points behind Dunfermline in league 1 in March under previous management teams and boards? I suspect not.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

It’s 4 points more than the Falkirk teams of the past 4 seasons would have got. McGlynn has made us a better team and even if we don’t go up this season I would stick with him and Smith and give them the summer to try and address the areas of the squad that need work.

I’m an optimist though, we have a cup semi and play offs to look forward too. Even if we don’t go up this season things are definitely improving.

It’s certainly more than last year’s rabble would’ve got but considering the first of those four seasons we were 1 point off top when the league was called, I suspect that team would’ve got the same number or more points against Kelty- we’re currently sitting with 3 more points after 1 more game played than 19/20.

Equally, I suspect the 20/21 team would have picked up a very similar points total before the injury crisis and Holt-induced collapse.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think you’ll find I’ve praised the team when appropriate and criticised when necessary.

Yes, John has done a fantastic job with the cup run. But equally, league performance has been mediocre Imo. Would you have been happy with sitting 11 points behind Dunfermline in league 1 in March under previous management teams and boards? I suspect not.

We are 8 behind. Mediocre? When did we last go 12/13 games unbeaten? Hughes ? Houston possibly? 

Previous Boards got us into this mess and the fans board are sorting the mess out. Your pals are gone get over it