The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Looks like a right waste of money, I know he's not had much gametime but in the games he has came on he's offered nothing. Agree with @Tea and Busquets he can't play as a lone striker which I thought it was weird we brought him in as our number 9.

Allan has been a complete waste of money. We don’t play the system that suits him at all. 

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Looks like a right waste of money, I know he's not had much gametime but in the games he has came on he's offered nothing. Agree with @Tea and Busquets he can't play as a lone striker which I thought it was weird we brought him in as our number 9.

Yep, I'd like to see what he could do with some game time as part of a top two. He's scored 10 league goals in one of the 2 worst teams in the league this year so clearly has some ability.

Edited by Rizzo

18 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

7 out of 12 points unacceptable against this mob 😂😂

If I was you I wouldn't be too happy with your team tonight. I couldn't understand why Kelty consistently wanted to waste time (the goalie in particular was chronic) rather than have a go at us. Our defence wasn't troubled at all really and I think you may well have got the win if you'd just been a bit more adventurous. 

Just now, ShaggerG said:

If I was you I wouldn't be too happy with your team tonight. I couldn't understand why Kelty consistently wanted to waste time (the goalie in particular was chronic) rather than have a go at us. Our defence wasn't troubled at all really and I think you may well have got the win if you'd just been a bit more adventurous. 

Correct. They got away with it with the penalty claim as well. As blatant a penalty as you’ll see. 

I'm not sure Morrison was offside for the goal in the first half and I'm very sure it was a penalty in the second half on Morrison but I'm more seething at the lack of care our team seem to have for the league after that Dunfermline game. Seem to be quite happy trying to coast into the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Correct. They got away with it with the penalty claim as well. As blatant a penalty as you’ll see. 

What one do you mean? Morrison was pushed over in the box and (what I thought was a stronger claim) Oliver (I think) was pulled to the ground by the throat.

We will be deservedly nowhere near the league title with 4 points from 12 against Kelty Hearts. The excellent cup run is papering over some very mediocre league form in my view- about to be 11 points off top spot in March, points dropped in 13 league 1 matches and not a glove laid on Dunfermline.

Yes, Mcglynn was left with a shambles but he has been given the opportunity to bring in effectively a whole new squad. Special mention for Nesbitt going missing yet again the day after getting a 2 year deal (he was far from the only one to be fair).

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm not sure Morrison was offside for the goal in the first half and I'm very sure it was a penalty in the second half on Morrison but I'm more seething at the lack of care our team seem to have for the league after that Dunfermline game. Seem to be quite happy trying to coast into the playoffs.

'Coast' is correct. We didn't move the ball quickly enough and Kelty were happy to let us have it and get everyone behind the ball. Too many players wanted to be clever with the ball rather than move it forward at pace, Morrison, Kennedy and McGuffie being the main culprits IMO.

The criticism of Jordan Allan is utterly ridiculous. That he was not the lone, hold-up play type of striker that McGlynn is wedded to would have presumably been well known to the manager at the time he signed him. I'll be judging Allan when he's had a proper opportunity and run of games in a system that may actually have some chance of getting the best out of him. He certainly hasn't had that to date.

28 minutes ago, AGPar said:

The criticism of Jordan Allan is utterly ridiculous. That he was not the lone, hold-up play type of striker that McGlynn is wedded to would have presumably been well known to the manager at the time he signed him. I'll be judging Allan when he's had a proper opportunity and run of games in a system that may actually have some chance of getting the best out of him. He certainly hasn't had that to date.

I don't think he'll get the chance, much like Burrell. McGlynn's kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place in that our better results tend to have been when we start with Oliver up front on his own before being replaced. I don't see him doing anything radically different now.

3 hours ago, 1876 ffc said:

How low have expectations got.

another season in league three bankrolled by beating no one in the cup.

im out

Meaning of through thick and thin in English

through thick and thin

idiom

C2
If you support or stay with someone through thick and thin, you always support or stay with them, even if there are problems or difficulties:

Sounds like the difference between you and us is the manager ability, or lack of in your case to alter the formation and approach. McPake will rip up his tactics or change 3 players at half time if it's not working. Our management will tweak the tactics and team based on the opposition and if they get it wrong they don't hide and stick to it.

FYI the offside ruled out goal was because Kennedy was off. Morrison pushed down would be a soft pen as he was tapped and fell down. I turned it off after that thinking id seen enough.

Edited by Heaton

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

Sounds like the difference between you and us is the manager ability, or lack of in your case to alter the formation and approach. McPake will rip up his tactics or change 3 players at half time if it's not working. Our management will tweak the tactics and team based on the opposition and if they get it wrong they don't hide and stick to it.

FYI the offside ruled out goal was because Kennedy was off. Morrison pushed down would be a soft pen as he was tapped and fell down. I turned it off after that thinking id seen enough.

Your on a trip. Morrison is two yards onside when Donaldson shoots, Kennedy is not in active play. His position and actions had no bearing on the goal being scored.

The penalty claim, I’ll not even bother arguing that decision with you other than saying that’s down to the standard of officials. 

Another match we should have won,  but if we’re not going to play two up front, and a forward doing his work in the penalty area we’re not going to score. 

Im not going be too critical of some of the poorer performers last night, we need to regroup and work out what is best for the playoffs and Semi Final.

The drink 🍺 must have been good in hospitality last night for them to choose Kennedy as MOTM 😳 clearly clueless who ever made that choice