The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

4 points out of 12 against Kelty is why we are no where near winning this league. Burrell should have been on much earlier. Dire.

The reason you are nowhere near winning this league is because you are not as good as us, hth. 

6 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Well lads n lassies. Pars win our next 2 games then we can win the league at your gaff. The shite is fleeing from you all. 

Only if Falkirk don't beat Clyde next week and I don't care how poorly they've played in their last couple of matches, they're not dropping points there.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Btw, he’s got a lot of deserved praise for his work over the season, and I think we’re a better side with him in it somewhere - but you’re not gonna be challenging for the title with Gary Oliver as a lone striker. It’s just not happening, lads. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Btw, he’s got a lot of deserved praise for his work over the season, and I think we’re a better side with him in it somewhere - but you’re not gonna be challenging for the title with Gary Oliver as a lone striker. It’s just not happening, lads. Sorry.

We will likely be 11 points behind by the end of tomorrow - that would suggest we are not good enough all over the pitch to challenge for the title.

I think we are where we are tbh. He took over an absolute car crash, with not a lot of money, after being lumped with duds from previous incumbents. He slowly over the season got his own players in while still being hamstrung and in January managed to shift a lot more of the dross. Brought more players in, have us second in the league and in a Scottish cup semi final. Yes we have lost games but for a team that was a revolving door stability wise, from top to bottom and poor decisions all over the place, it's a massive improvement. We will finish in the playoffs I have no doubt about that. Time will tell how we fair.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Only if Falkirk don't beat Clyde next week and I don't care how poorly they've played in their last couple of matches, they're not dropping points there.

Yeah, if Clyde beat them, or they draw.

I've just spoken to the big man, he says it's fate. This will happen, and the toun will go mental.

Too many players going through the motions waiting for a cup semi final and the playoffs. Loads of possession but we didn't create anywhere near enough clear cut chances. Don't see the point in bringing on mcguffie and moving Morrison to the left wing where he is nowhere near as effective.  On saying all that two big decisions by the officials which will be interesting to see again. Was Morrison offside for his goal and it looked like a clear penalty second half for a push.  Kind of game where if we had got one we'd probably have got two or three.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Too many players going through the motions waiting for a cup semi final and the playoffs. Loads of possession but we didn't create anywhere near enough clear cut chances. Don't see the point in bringing on mcguffie and moving Morrison to the left wing where he is nowhere near as effective.  On saying all that two big decisions by the officials which will be interesting to see again. Was Morrison offside for his goal and it looked like a clear penalty second half for a push.  Kind of game where if we had got one we'd probably have got two or three.

Well deserved green dot for putting a positive spin on that mate. Cheered me up at least.

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Agree totally - ref was poor on so many levels tonight as in addition to those game changing moments he also failed to book the guy who blatantly took out Nesbitt & ended his participation in match 

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I think we are where we are tbh. He took over an absolute car crash, with not a lot of money, after being lumped with duds from previous incumbents. 

Relative to whom? Sorry, McGlynn has had, by a considerable margin, the largest budget in this league and whilst I think overall he has done a decent job, and undoubtedly inherited a shit show I find our complete failure to mount any sort of sustained title challenge disappointing in the extreme. 1 point from 9 and zero goals is poor, poor stuff. Handed it to them on a plate. This is the time when our depth and quality of squad should be coming to the fore yet we've gone down without so much a whimper. Tonight I got the sense we were just chucking on attacking players in the vain hope that someone would make something happen, no real structure or alternative ideas about us. Loads of aimless balls into no-one in particular against a packed defence, hopelessly outnumbered in their box, especially with Oliver up front alone, and very little that was clear cut. 

Four seasons in and we are still seriously lacking in conviction in our ability to take the initiative and get out of here. Yet Dunfermline are straight back up after one.

31 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I hope McGlynn starts to play the proven striker we bought in on a longer term contracy that's largely been warming our bench since January soon. We simply have to mix it up a bit now.

Looks like a right waste of money, I know he's not had much gametime but in the games he has came on he's offered nothing. Agree with @Tea and Busquets he can't play as a lone striker which I thought it was weird we brought him in as our number 9.