The Falkirk FC Thread

18 hours ago, Springfield said:

McGlynn quoting “running on empty” and various interpretations of legs gone, which for me if anyone at his age needs to continually fall back, it a fair assumption that he’s feeling the pace.

Any chance you could post a link to this? I can't find it in the FH anywhere.

41 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Any chance you could post a link to this? I can't find it in the FH anywhere.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-manager-john-mcglynn-reveals-his-skipper-will-be-rested-for-home-game-against-kelty-hearts-4076769

The term “running on empty” is certainly there within the article. Now, was it McGlynn’s words or the journo’s words?

It’s hard to say as grammatically the use of quotation marks are very inconsistent, but the OP of the phrase certainly didn’t make it up. There is mention of hamstring and knee, but clearly there is also “running on empty” in relation to McGinn as well as “leggy” in relation to the team.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

41 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-manager-john-mcglynn-reveals-his-skipper-will-be-rested-for-home-game-against-kelty-hearts-4076769

The term “running on empty” is certainly there within the article. Now, was it McGlynn’s words or the journo’s words?

It’s hard to say as grammatically the use of quotation marks are very inconsistent, but the OP of the phrase certainly didn’t make it up. There is mention of hamstring and knee, but clearly there is also “running on empty” in relation to McGinn as well as “leggy” in relation to the team.

Aye, I think the 'running on empty' bit is the journalists as McGlynn mentions the rest of it in his FFC interview.

I don't buy in to the 'his legs have gone' chat at all though. He's not a box to box type, it's his job to sit deep and take the ball from the defenders but he still gets forward regularly when necessary IMO.

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Great record from Jackson Browne.

I know a lot of people give Oliver credit for his link up play which can admittedly be good however I want our main striker to be a goalscorer. He’s only got 6 league goals which is as many as Alegria who left 3 months ago. 

Why have 4 strikers in the squad when we always play with 1 ?

I can’t remember who but one of our posters said recently Airdrie don’t score more goals than us - yes they bloody do. Lots more goals.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Well lads n lassies. Pars win our next 2 games then we can win the league at your gaff. The shite is fleeing from you all.