The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yes he’s nursing an injury, but noticeable that after sixty/seventy minutes he’s drops back. No shame for a hard working decent player at 34 years old.

That is a completely different thing than saying his legs have gone and running on empty.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

19 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Only his legs haven’t gone and he is not running on empty.

McGlynn saying it’s a precaution because of a long standing hamstring issue.

McGlynn quoting “running on empty” and various interpretations of legs gone, which for me if anyone at his age needs to continually fall back, it a fair assumption that he’s feeling the pace.

Henderson and Kucheriavyi are more than capable of running the midfield. Although Finn Yeats seems to have suddenly found himself some minutes after a fairly bit part few months so maybe he plays tomorrow night.....

I'd go with Hendo and Kucheriavyi behind Morrison, Kennedy and Nesbitt. Seems like the obvious way to go, with Lawal introduced for half an hour at the end. 

What's the general feeling for where most people will buy seats for the semi, North or West stand, especially if taking an 11 year old?

Was initially going to go for the West as I thought the wee man would prefer the atmosphere but I think this area is also getting referred to as a "standing" area which would be a nightmare for him. I take him to all the Scotland games and generally go for the East stand but when everybody decides to stand he can't see anything.

Thoughts?

Think Nesbitt probably deserves another year after the big improvement he’s shown this season in terms of assists. 

Not sure however that he’s worth a 2 year extension when you look at what he’s done overall during his Falkirk career. Still too many matches where he doesn’t contribute enough for me and I’m not sure he’s good enough for where we’d hope to be in 2 years.

7 minutes ago, alonso said:

What's the general feeling for where most people will buy seats for the semi, North or West stand, especially if taking an 11 year old?

Was initially going to go for the West as I thought the wee man would prefer the atmosphere but I think this area is also getting referred to as a "standing" area which would be a nightmare for him. I take him to all the Scotland games and generally go for the East stand but when everybody decides to stand he can't see anything.

Thoughts?

B7 and B8 in the West will be 'standing' so if you are looking for the atmosphere without standing B6 might be the best option? Obviously means you are further round behind the goals and the view won't be as good.

It's looking like I'll be taking the wee man (all potential babysitters will also be at Hampden). He's not even 18 months yet so it doesn't matter where I sit it I'll miss the bulk of the game 😂

I too am in a position where I want decent atmosphere and view but my kid won't be able to see if everyone is standing, so B6 probably the place to be for me. Certainly want to be with the bulk of the Falmirk support and not away round the other side. 

3 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Surely Leon Mccann takes this. Folk were wanting him away last season,  a main contender for poty this year. 

I think his form has dropped off in the last 3/4 weeks 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wasn't at Dumfries so can't comment on that game, however, I agree that he hadn't been at his best for the 2 or 3 games prior to Ayr, but I thought he did well against them.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I wasn't at Dumfries so can't comment on that game, however, I agree that he hadn't been at his best for the 2 or 3 games prior to Ayr, but I thought he did well against them.

I can't comment on QotS and Dunfermline. Still, I think part of the issue is McCann and Kennedy had a great team up as well as Rowe and Morrison on the right. Still, I think the pairing in McCann and Kennedy has fallen away more on Kennedy's part, which I dare say he is trying to get himself in the shop window for the end of the season and finding a new club.

9 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I can't comment on QotS and Dunfermline. Still, I think part of the issue is McCann and Kennedy had a great team up as well as Rowe and Morrison on the right. Still, I think the pairing in McCann and Kennedy has fallen away more on Kennedy's part, which I dare say he is trying to get himself in the shop window for the end of the season and finding a new club.

If that is the case surely his form would improve? Not buying that theory 

10 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

McCann has had his poorest couple of games of the season. That’s happens after being on a run of form like he has. Don’t read to much into it.

I think that it’s fair to expect players to have a wee spell when they are maybe not at the top of their game and form tails off a wee bit for a couple of games. We all have times at work when we maybe aren’t at our best.

I think McCann, Nesbitt and Brad McKay have on the whole been excellent for us this season and look totally different players to last season. The credit for that has to go to John, Paul and the rest of the coaching staff.

Look at his interview from the start of the season even though he said it was terrible last year and his dad always reminded him your only as good as your last game. It was also had to do with who was around him, in fairness after last season I never wanted to see Brad McKay in a starting 11 (ate my words on that one) but even when McCann has been poor he is still a 7 out of 10 for performance.