The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

2 year contract extension for Nesbitt. 

Good news. Hopefully he’s the first of a few. Burrell, Lawal, Kennedy I hope we are speaking to about staying next year as well. McGuffie, Williamson, Watson I presume will all be punted and I can’t make up my mind on McKay but he may need to go as well in order to free up funds for potential new players.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Didn’t think I’d hear myself say this, maybe the most improved player in the first team squad. Needs to keep up his consistency and thought we actually missed him and his positioning in last weeks defeat. Deserved to be offered a new contract, however maybe a year, plus and optional second year. 

Edited by Springfield

6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Good news. Hopefully he’s the first of a few. Burrell, Lawal, Kennedy I hope we are speaking to about staying next year as well. McGuffie, Williamson, Watson I presume will all be punted and I can’t make up my mind on McKay but he may need to go as well in order to free up funds for potential new players.

Williamson signed PCA with Montrose.

I don't know how I feel about that one. He's been much better this season, nobody can doubt his workrate and McGlynn is clearly fond of him but from the little we've seen of Lawal he looks a far better option long term than Nesbitt. Expected him to get a new deal and be a squad player next season if we go up but not an extra two years.

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Surely Leon Mccann takes this. Folk were wanting him away last season,  a main contender for poty this year. 

See I'm not having that he wasn't as good as he has been this season granted but I put that more down to him not getting a proper run of games last season rather than his ability.

Most improved is between Nesbitt & Mckay. 

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Surely Leon Mccann takes this. Folk were wanting him away last season,  a main contender for poty this year. 

I would have chased 5/6 players at the end of last season after they downed tools. Unfortunately all were contracted this season, and the transformation with guys like McKay Nesbitt and McCann I wasn't expecting. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Not sure I would’ve given Nesbit a new contract to be honest. His stats have improved and he does a power of work but he still does a lot of running about to no effect and often goes missing in the big games. Not a surprise that he’s been given an extension though as does seem to be a favourite of McGlynns. 

6 hours ago, MulsonFFC said:

"Singing sections" at nearly every ground that ever has one is typically near the front for the most part.

5 hours ago, MulsonFFC said:

Completely agree, was more a response to the fact Kiddy thinks selling near the front defeats the purpose.  Merely pointing out its the norm.

change cannot GIFYou could always turn your back to play & sing into the stand & hope for some amplification!🤷‍♂️

I actually thought Nesbitt would go at the the end of the season in all honesty to allow us to bring in better, I'm quite surprised he's got another two year deal. McGlynn obviously rates him, but for all he has improved as others have said I wouldn't have been sad to see the back of him. If we do go up to the championship I think he'll struggle against the better sides. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Correct decision, thought his legs had gone a few months back,  McGlynn confirming he’s running on empty. Didn’t know he’s 34 

Only his legs haven’t gone and he is not running on empty.

McGlynn saying it’s a precaution because of a long standing hamstring issue.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Only his legs haven’t gone and he is not running on empty.

McGlynn saying it’s a precaution because of a long standing hamstring issue.

Yes he’s nursing an injury, but noticeable that after sixty/seventy minutes he’s drops back. No shame for a hard working decent player at 34 years old.