The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

If Burrell could work on being able to hold the ball up rather than look for it over the top then we'd have a real asset. Oliver links the play with the wingers so much better IMO. I would agree that the wingers are pretty much key for us though.

Wingers & the full backs. Every other position can be compensated for/tinkered with but these four need to be fit for the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Wingers & the full backs. Every other position can be compensated for/tinkered with but these four need to be fit for the playoffs.

Agree re full backs too. If the winger or FB is off form, then it effects the other. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Two years ago today…. There was 6 games to go. Mental we didn’t even make the play offs from that position.

EB431019-6FA1-4F61-98DE-79E00AD0B281.jpeg

What’s even more mental is that despite a complete capitulation, we ended up with more points after 18 games than we had after 18 games this season. 

8 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Two years ago today…. There was 6 games to go. Mental we didn’t even make the play offs from that position.

EB431019-6FA1-4F61-98DE-79E00AD0B281.jpeg

Enter Gary holt 

7 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What’s even more mental is that despite a complete capitulation, we ended up with more points after 18 games than we had after 18 games this season. 

What’s even more mental is we got more points in the last qtr than we ever had since the introduction of 4 games per season per team. But let’s focus on the negatives why don’t we? 

Edited by Back Post Misses

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have come to the conclusion that the two wide players are the key. When they play well so do we. From that point of view I think you can play Burrell.

If you look at the games where we have not functioned the two wide players have never turned up. 

I totally agree with you and I feel that if teams like Dunfermline double up on Kennedy, Morrison it totally nullifies any threat we have.

Going forward to next season whether we are in League One or the Championship I don’t feel the team needs a massive overhaul. What are the key positions everyone feels McGlynn needs to focus on. I think we will need a striker with a bit more physical presence and we need to add a bit of dig to midfield, as well as a creative midfield player. We will also need a new right back as we cannot underestimate what Blaine has brought to the side.

It will be refreshing not to need yet another complete squad overhaul though.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Legs and physicality in midfield and 100% need a striker that teams fear. Look at what Ayr have pulled off so they are out there. 
Wide players will probably also be required as I think Kennedy will be off and I can see a bid coming in for Morrison. 
CH will be needed too and maybe a RB is Rowe doesn’t sign. 

We're still going to have quite a big churn next season one way or the other. Too many loanees, players out of contract and players who won't want to stick around unless we are in the league above. 

To have a churn that's because we have went a league up or because players were in demand because they are actually good would be a really refreshing change of pace though. All for that. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

What’s even more mental is we got more points in the last qtr than we ever had since the introduction of 4 games per season per team. But let’s focus on the negatives why don’t we? 

Somehow thought you may reply to that. Can’t point anything vaguely negative now, no matter if it’s factual. It actually highlights how good a run we’ve been on considering we had a relatively poor start to the season. 

Worth pointing out your claim above is wrong though. 

38 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I totally agree with you and I feel that if teams like Dunfermline double up on Kennedy, Morrison it totally nullifies any threat we have.

Going forward to next season whether we are in League One or the Championship I don’t feel the team needs a massive overhaul. What are the key positions everyone feels McGlynn needs to focus on. I think we will need a striker with a bit more physical presence and we need to add a bit of dig to midfield, as well as a creative midfield player. We will also need a new right back as we cannot underestimate what Blaine has brought to the side.

Below would be next years squad if we kept all the players who have an option of an extra year. Wouldn't be surprised to see him offer Nesbitt a new deal as he's been a constant this year. I'd imagine all of the academy players will be kept on for the development team if it goes ahead. Rowe & Kinnear are both out of contract in the summer so hopefully we can bring them onboard. Kennedy will be off elsewhere as we won't get anywhere near what he's being paid at Rangers. 

Goalkeepers
PJ Morrison - extra year

Defenders
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn - extra year
Liam Henderson
Callumn Morrison
Finn Yeats
Ola Lawal - extra year
Pearse Carroll (A)
Lennon Walker (A)
Scott Honeyman (A)

Strikers
Jordan Allan
Rumarn Burrell - extra year
Gary Oliver - extra year
Kyle Connolly (A)

Edited by FFC 1876

22 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Somehow thought you may reply to that. Can’t point anything vaguely negative now, no matter if it’s factual. It actually highlights how good a run we’ve been on considering we had a relatively poor start to the season. 

Thanks Stato, I just guessed leave it to the geeks amongst us to actually go and check 

Edited by Back Post Misses

46 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We don't need an overhaul but what is more pressing, for me, is tying down the majority of the squad. Would prefer we retained players rather than them walk out this year.

Lets see some contract extensions please.

23 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Pedro liking a quote of yours having a pop at me. So predictable 😂

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Pedro liking a quote of yours having a pop at me. So predictable 😂

What’s that got to do with me!?