The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Jeezo.

If I found that a post of six paragraphs was too much for me to cope with, I wouldn't tell a soul.

You guys should stop being so touchy and downright weird.  People visiting each other's threads shouldn't really be a problem on a forum like this.

I don’t have an issue you commenting but FFS the content was sending me to sleep. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You guys should stop being so touchy and downright weird.  

Not half as weird as the fact that, more than 48 hours after the final whistle, QOS fans are still droning on about the absence of Falkirk fans from a thread relating to a match that, I would hazard a guess, the majority of us were not even in attendance at.

Profuse apologies for not paying you guys the attention you clearly feel you deserve.

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Not half as weird as the fact that, more than 48 hours after the final whistle, QOS fans are still droning on about the absence of Falkirk fans from a thread relating to a match that, I would hazard a guess, the majority of us were not even in attendance at.

Profuse apologies for not paying you guys the attention you clearly feel you deserve.

Yes, sorry for saying that some Falkirk fans are touchy.  

Clearly, nothing could be further from the truth.

On 20/03/2023 at 04:44, Shodwall cat said:

It was an absolutely honking performance yesterday with too many players simply  not turning up . Whether that was from tiredness or a hangover from  Monday it shouldn't matter given the fact that we have a reasonably strong squad now and mcglynn could easily have freshened things up more.  We didn't put in great performances in our last two league games post cup ties but got away with it so this has been coming.I'm not sure why nesbitt was dropped either given the energy he adds to the midfield and the ground he covers. Whilst Kennedy made an impact against Ayr his more recent starts have been poor so I'd have kept him on the bench once again.  Thankfully back at home next after two poor league away performances. Three points is a must.

Surely can't be tiredness when there was 5 days between matches, we are in trouble if that's the case.

Not sure what "a hangover" means other than the literal definition, presume you are talking about an attitude problem which seems more likely.

31 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Surely can't be tiredness when there was 5 days between matches, we are in trouble if that's the case.

Not sure what "a hangover" means other than the literal definition, presume you are talking about an attitude problem which seems more likely.

I got the impression from McGlynns post match interview that it was exactly that on Sat, attitude. 

6 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Based on the Falkirk Daft poll of where folk are going to buy tickets and based on how many I think we'll take, will probably end up with something like this for the semi

Screenshot2023-03-21at11_33_45.thumb.png.0cbd6e2bc305f25ff0d439236589ee03.png

Good graphic, looks about right to me - assuming they sell from B8 downwards and C5 downwards, which I’m not sure is a given. 

18 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Good graphic, looks about right to me - assuming they sell from B8 downwards and C5 downwards, which I’m not sure is a given. 

Have updated it based on Kieran's post on COYB re the standing sections. Yeah we will sell from B8 and C5 first then along from from there

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Add completely pissed off.

Arses need kicked, players need dropped.

The argument about keeping a winning team together on the park no longer stands, some of the fringe players deserve to be given a decent run out, I hope to see Burrell and Lawal in the navy blue on Friday.

20 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

The argument about keeping a winning team together on the park no longer stands, some of the fringe players deserve to be given a decent run out, I hope to see Burrell and Lawal in the navy blue on Friday.

It no longer stands because they are no longer winning. Hence why changes should naturally happen.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

McGlynn hasn’t done much with the starting eleven so far, I think we might see some changes on Friday. Last Saturday felt like we’d fallen back to the dark days, just hoping it was a bad day at the races.

Thing is tough, if he changes the team he'll probably need to change the system, which has worked in most games for us. Wright didn't look like he was mobile enough to play as a lone striker and it's just not Burrell's game.

So, does he change to a two up front, which means dropping one of McGinn, Henderson, Kucheriavyi, Nesbitt or Kennedy, or stick with Oliver on his own?

I have come to the conclusion that the two wide players are the key. When they play well so do we. From that point of view I think you can play Burrell.

If you look at the games where we have not functioned the two wide players have never turned up. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have come to the conclusion that the two wide players are the key. When they play well so do we. From that point of view I think you can play Burrell.

If you look at the games where we have not functioned the two wide players have never turned up. 

If Burrell could work on being able to hold the ball up rather than look for it over the top then we'd have a real asset. Oliver links the play with the wingers so much better IMO. I would agree that the wingers are pretty much key for us though.