The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Pish

Opta defines a shot on target as any goal attempt that:

Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).26 Jan 2023

Pish yerself.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:
Opta defines a shot on target as any goal attempt that:

Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).26 Jan 2023

Pish yerself.

Opta can sook the dook. A shot on target is a shot that is - wait for the big reveal - on target. 

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Opta can sook the dook. A shot on target is a shot that is - wait for the big reveal - on target. 

If you'd read what I wrote in the first place before steaming in you'd have seen that I also think it's a nonsense, but that's how they are counted for the match stats these days.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If you'd read what I wrote in the first place before steaming in you'd have seen that I also think it's a nonsense, but that's how they are counted for the match stats these days.

I did read what you wrote. That’s how they’re counted by Opta. Any normal person counts them the same way you and I do. 

54 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Do you get a more boring support than that of Qots?

I'm sure there are other fans just as boring. But if you don't bother going into actual match threads and instead bizarrely discuss matches exclusively in your club's thread then you're probably not exposed to many other supporters...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm sure there are other fans just as boring. But if you don't bother going into actual match threads and instead bizarrely discuss matches exclusively in your club's thread then you're probably not exposed to many other supporters...

Sadly, no. “Other supporters” head to this thread with monotonous regularity. Why they can’t stick to the match thread or their own club’s thread used to mystify me, but the common element seems to be a form of neediness……..but generally, only when the other side win. Had we won yesterday, you would have stuck with the match thread, or your own club’s thread.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sadly, no. “Other supporters” head to this thread with monotonous regularity. Why they can’t stick to the match thread or their own club’s thread used to mystify me, but the common element seems to be a form of neediness……..but generally, only when the other side win. Had we won yesterday, you would have stuck with the match thread, or your own club’s thread.

If you say so. QoS posters came in here to respond to posts made about the game as there were few made from Falkirk fans in the match thread. Nothing needy about it. The whole point of match thread is generally to discuss the match pre and post. Given how shite we've been this season we tend to put our assessment in those threads and not slink off to our own thread as you suggest. 

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That doesn't really make a lot of sense.  We came closer to adding a second goal for our team.  We already had a goal, regardless of who put it in the net.  

The clearest cut chance of the match fell to McKechnie early in the second half when he rolled it tamely straight at the goalkeeper.  If he'd lifted it or found a corner, it would have made it 2-0.

How many goals did a QoS player score ?

Work that out and make sense of it, we had to score for you and unfortunately you didn't return the favour.....

I'll make it easy for you in that if we didn't score the goal that won the game for you it would've been a draw

7 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

It was an absolutely honking performance yesterday with too many players simply  not turning up . Whether that was from tiredness or a hangover from  Monday it shouldn't matter given the fact that we have a reasonably strong squad now and mcglynn could easily have freshened things up more.  We didn't put in great performances in our last two league games post cup ties but got away with it so this has been coming.I'm not sure why nesbitt was dropped either given the energy he adds to the midfield and the ground he covers. Whilst Kennedy made an impact against Ayr his more recent starts have been poor so I'd have kept him on the bench once again.  Thankfully back at home next after two poor league away performances. Three points is a must.

I don't think we played that bad, lacked a killer touch in the final third like so many games this season, once you get one goal you may get a second as how it's went this season.

The cup game v Ayr really shown how we tend to be, size a team up then put our counter on it. We have came up short nearly every time a team scores before we have our plan set. 

Saturday's game had draw written all over it bar a piece of magic or a mistake......

Our plan b/c with throwing on Allan and Burrell didn't work 

Football always has fine margins and Saturday had a team winning with a goal they couldn't score to prove that 

1 hour ago, Trump said:

God what a boring last few pages this has been. Can’t wait to move on quickly to the game coming up on Friday now and get back to winning ways.

They are utterly boring. SLD with war and peace over trivia tops the lot

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you say so. QoS posters came in here to respond to posts made about the game as there were few made from Falkirk fans in the match thread. Nothing needy about it. The whole point of match thread is generally to discuss the match pre and post. Given how shite we've been this season we tend to put our assessment in those threads and not slink off to our own thread as you suggest. 

Incredibly needy.

I would normally discuss games with opposition fans on the match thread and with fellow Falkirk fans in the Falkirk thread. Does that not make sense? I never feel the need to go on to another teams thread to get involved in their own discussions on the match whether we win or lose but for some reason other teams do. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

6 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I would normally discuss games with opposition fans on the match thread and with fellow Falkirk fans in the Falkirk thread. Does that not make sense? I never feel the need to go on to another teams thread to get involved in their own discussions on the match whether we win or lose but for some reason other teams do. 

Pretty much what I do as well, not sure why discussion of a match can't take place in this thread as part of an overall picture. 

On 01/03/2023 at 16:56, Rizzo said:

Was this at the 5-2 game I take it?

I just can't imagine QotS fans being able to do much more than bore folk to death. 

The QoS fanbase have a reputation to uphold and they take it very seriously. Fair play to them.

Edited by Rizzo

10 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

They are utterly boring. SLD with war and peace over trivia tops the lot

Jeezo.

If I found that a post of six paragraphs was too much for me to cope with, I wouldn't tell a soul.

You guys should stop being so touchy and downright weird.  People visiting each other's threads shouldn't really be a problem on a forum like this.