The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Clearly there has been a huge improvement this season compared to last in the league. John Mcglynn has also done a great job in getting us to a Scottish cup semi final. 

However, I also don’t think being 9 points behind Dunfermline (largely due to our patchy pre-Christmas form imo) in mid March is good enough considering the number of new additions he has been able to bring in.

💤💤💤

5 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Talking about delusions, you reckoned QoS would be title contenders. How did that go? 🙃

We've only been down here one season (so far), considering the time you've been down here now do you really want to get into a debate about comments on being  title contenders at the start of a season? 

Disappointing although not entirely unexpected result.

The results that have really cost us this season have been the six pointer head to heads with the pars. If we'd simply won our last two league matches we would have been top of the league this morning, the reality is we haven't really turned up for either game.

We aren't far off a very good side. I still think we need an out and out striker rather than this hold up style striker role. When that formation doesn't work it really doesn't work. 

Move on. On reflection McGlynn should have mixed it up from the start. However had he lost he would have got stick for that. Bad day at the office and we probably just about deserved a draw. Be interesting how QOS play from here. They were certainly up for it.

PS Paton is a fucking cock 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We've only been down here one season (so far), considering the time you've been down here now do you really want to get into a debate about comments on being  title contenders at the start of a season? 

First season down is always your best chance of going up .  We were denied that chance through covid. After that it can be a struggle as we've found out. 

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

These Tory farmer types are really desperate for attention.

FFS ... you guys really need to get your forms of abuse right - its not acceptable to call us "Tory farmers" without also adding the epithet "fecking Borderers" as well.  Need to up your game here Bairns ... must do better ... 2/10.

Can’t disagree and with the backbone of the first 11 already signed for another season, it’s the first time in a long time regardless of which division we are playing in, it’s not a blank sheet of paper and and yet another new manager in come May/June.

However we need to get back to our previous good league form, which unfortunately in the last two games has been really poor.

7 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

Talking about delusions, you reckoned QoS would be title contenders. How did that go? 🙃

Did we?  Seriously, did we?  Most of us were hoping that we might get a play off place - but with Dunfermline and and a resurgent (under McGlynn) Falkirk in the league, I can't recall any Queens fans thinking we would be competing for the title.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Can’t disagree and with the backbone of the first 11 already signed for another season, it’s the first time in a long time regardless of which division we are playing in, it’s not a blank sheet of paper and and yet another new manager in come May/June.

However we need to get back to our previous good league form, which unfortunately in the last two games has been really poor.

The title is clearly Dunfermline's to lose.  Falkirk are probably the best of the rest and looked really decent in the cup tie the other night.  Your main threat would be if Airdrie make it into the play-offs as they are so unpredictable but clearly have a potent attack.  I can't see Accies, Arbroath or Cove bettering Falkirk over two legs.  You should be OK.

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Then it will be Airdrie getting beat by us.

49 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Still think we have a squad now that can compete mid-table in the Championship. We just have to get there. We're still short up front unless Allan is the answer..not seen him enough yet.

Airdrie have a tonne of goals in them..way more than we do. They give me the fear in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

The title is clearly Dunfermline's to lose.  Falkirk are probably the best of the rest and looked really decent in the cup tie the other night.  Your main threat would be if Airdrie make it into the play-offs as they are so unpredictable but clearly have a potent attack.  I can't see Accies, Arbroath or Cove bettering Falkirk over two legs.  You should be OK.

These three posts sum us up perfectly. On our day, we are as good as anyone in the league, however, we can be saft as shite if the going gets tough. Peterhead are obviously guff but kelty ain’t a terrible team so sticking 6 past them is not bad. Still wouldn’t read too much into the past two games. We have handed out some pastings this season but can easily capitulate (Dunfermline at home being perfect example). 

I don’t think there is much between airdrie and falkirk. Whether we get into the play offs or not is the main point. If we do, I don’t think we have the mentality to do it. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Still think we have a squad now that can compete mid-table in the Championship. We just have to get there. We're still short up front unless Allan is the answer..not seen him enough yet.

Airdrie have a tonne of goals in them..way more than we do. They give me the fear in the playoffs.

They don’t have tonnes more goals in them. They have scored 13 in two games and were behind us up to then. 
Dunfermline have scored 19 goals less than Airdrie which shows it is not just about scoring goals in big chunks 

Edited by Back Post Misses

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Did we?  Seriously, did we?  Most of us were hoping that we might get a play off place - but with Dunfermline and and a resurgent (under McGlynn) Falkirk in the league, I can't recall any Queens fans thinking we would be competing for the title.

Well can't speak for anyone else but I certainly did. I had Dunfermline as favourites but thought we should have been capable of at least offering them competition. I thought we were slightly unlucky to be relegated ultimately and Falkirk clearly had a rebuild to do of sorts with some financial issues, McGlynn or no McGlynn.

I didn't even contemplate not making the playoffs which now seems likely despite yesterday. We're 8 points off it with only 21 to play for. We'll have at least the 3rd highest budget. Our season has been a horrible failure unless we at least sneak the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well can't speak for anyone else but I certainly did. I had Dunfermline as favourites but thought we should have been capable of at least offering them competition. I thought we were slightly unlucky to be relegated ultimately and Falkirk clearly had a rebuild to do of sorts with some financial issues, McGlynn or no McGlynn.

I didn't even contemplate not making the playoffs which now seems likely despite yesterday. We're 8 points off it with only 21 to play for. We'll have at least the 3rd highest budget. Our season has been a horrible failure unless we at least sneak the playoffs.

I suppose the pre season predictions will be a better indication, but I'm sure you had fans fancying QoTS for the top two/three. I'm sure I had you down for finishing third. 

It's obviously turned out badly, but I think it's a bit of revisionism to say no one fancied QoTS to mount a challenge. With the budget they really should have. 

23 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not really.