The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Most of the time you had Paton up front himself whilst Connolly and the other boy supported him but when defending it was definitely men behind the ball. 

Yes, we should really defend with men in front of the ball in future.

10 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Most of the time you had Paton up front himself whilst Connolly and the other boy supported him but when defending it was definitely men behind the ball. Which is fine because I thought you looked a lot more assured at the back than any of the other games this season. 

Well obviously when defending they didnt stand at halfway with their hands on their hips but neither lined up defensively which is what you said. We had a back 5 and two defensive midfielders(one of whom was Josh Todd). Two creative attacking midfielders and Paton. 

38 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

This is the first season that we have actually managed to eclipse M&Ms covid season.

That season ended at this point. This season, we have 2 points more, we have scored 2 goals more but we have conceded 12 goals more.

Most other seasons, losing 6 games isn’t great, but you would expect to still be in the title race, but not this season. Back to back league defeats needs to be nipped in the bud pretty quickly.

Better stop losing or Alloa and Airdrie will, most definitely catch you mate....

36 minutes ago, Springfield said:

A very honest appraisal;

I'm sure it's an honest appraisal of something. Not sure what game he was at though. Not the one I was at anyway. Falkirk were more dangerous in the 1st 20 mins for me than they ever were in the 2nd half. I've missed all these dangerous attacks he thinks he saw clearly. Burrell maybe could have scored with a better 1st touch but he didnt even get a shot in ultimately. Morrison had a powerful shot from outside the box Dabrowski saved. Looked a bit of a 'tv save' but never going to beat him. Cant recall another chance of note and McKechnie missed a sitter. 

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm sure it's an honest appraisal of something. Not sure what game he was at though. Not the one I was at anyway. Falkirk were more dangerous in the 1st 20 mins for me than they ever were in the 2nd half. I've missed all these dangerous attacks he thinks he saw clearly. Burrell maybe could have scored with a better 1st touch but he didnt even get a shot in ultimately. Morrison had a powerful shot from outside the box Dabrowski saved. Looked a bit of a 'tv save' but never going to beat him. Cant recall another chance of note and McKechnie missed a sitter. 

It’s all about opinions, I’ve already said over the piece you deserved the three points.

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

A draw would have been a fair result. They had one chance and took it on the counter.*

Could easily have had a penalty first half when their boy had his hands around Gary Oliver’s waste right after the referee spoke to him (who btw was absolutely awful).**

* Apart from the header somehow headed over by Paton in the first half and the poorly finished 1-on-1 McKechnie had in the second half, you're absolutely right, we scored our only chance. One chance that was better than anything Falkirk managed to muster all game, mind. 

** Can't recall it, I'll need to see the highlights. But having watched Oliver enough I'm confident that he'll have been falling over as usual. 

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Aye he's usually pretty fair, McGlynn but I'm assuming the rain fogged up his specs today because he clearly wasn't watching the game at Palmerston. Burrell had that chance at the end and that was as much as Dabrowski needed to do. The shot by Morrison was going comfortably wide and I was disappointed we conceded a corner from it. Even at the end we weren't exactly playing with our backs to the wall. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s all about opinions, I’ve already said over the piece you deserved the three points.

Indeed, and so largely did McGlynn. But I'm genuinely confused as to what great improvement there was he thinks he saw 2nd half. I thought Falkirk carried more threat in the first half. Our defence had little problem dealing with the 2nd half. It sounds more like he's trying to justify his half time changes than any real basis for it. 

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed, and so largely did McGlynn. But I'm genuinely confused as to what great improvement there was he thinks he saw 2nd half. I thought Falkirk carried more threat in the first half. Our defence had little problem dealing with the 2nd half. It sounds more like he's trying to justify his half time changes than any real basis for it. 

FFS I rest my case - enjoy your win !

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

When you look at the permutations for the play offs, if Airdrie finish 3rd, I for one will be very nervous about those two fixtures.

If they finish 4th, and it’s Cove, then I think they will beat Cove by a healthy margin.

I just have a feeling that to get through the play offs, at some point, it will be Airdrie standing in our way.

Then it will be Airdrie getting beat by us.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

These Tory farmer types are really desperate for attention.

Get a good win and they are still all over this thread looking for a pat on the head and a well done.

Dry your eyes. Bitter weirdos you lot.

20 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

These Tory farmer types are really desperate for attention.

Get a good win and they are still all over this thread looking for a pat on the head and a well done.

It's customary to discuss the match in the match thread m8. Maybe do it in there instead of your own thread and we'll stay out of here. And no one is wanting a well done, just calling out your manager's delusions. 

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's customary to discuss the match in the match thread m8. Maybe do it in there instead of your own thread and we'll stay out of here. And no one is wanting a well done, just calling out your manager's delusions. 

I thought we were most dangerous before you scored - we controlled the second without causing any real trouble, bit like Dunfermline last week.

I find Mcglynn’s interviews when we win far more informative. I don’t think he takes well to losing at all and an interview 20 minutes after a game are never ideal anyway. 

But give me a manager who isn’t perfect in interviews who gets you to cup semis and fights for promotion over the lads who spoke a good game but had us finishing outside the playoff places in back to back seasons anyday 

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I thought we were most dangerous before you scored - we controlled the second without causing any real trouble, bit like Dunfermline last week.

I find Mcglynn’s interviews when we win far more informative. I don’t think he takes well to losing at all and an interview 20 minutes after a game are never ideal anyway. 

But give me a manager who isn’t perfect in interviews who gets you to cup semis and fights for promotion over the lads who spoke a good game but had us finishing outside the playoff places in back to back seasons anyday 

M and M got sacked in second and only 2 points off top. They also beat Arbroath in the cup who were the equivalent to Ayr. Our other games have been vs Wick, Alloa and Darvel.  

There’s lots to be hopeful for but given the last few seasons I’m trying to not get too carried away. Need to get back to winning ways in the league and try gain momentum for the match vs ICT. 

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

M and M got sacked in second and only 2 points off top. They also beat Arbroath in the cup who were the equivalent to Ayr. Our other games have been vs Wick, Alloa and Darvel.  

There’s lots to be hopeful for but given the last few seasons I’m trying to not get too carried away. Need to get back to winning ways in the league and try gain momentum for the match vs ICT. 

Clearly there has been a huge improvement this season compared to last in the league. John Mcglynn has also done a great job in getting us to a Scottish cup semi final. 

However, I also don’t think being 9 points behind Dunfermline (largely due to our patchy pre-Christmas form imo) in mid March is good enough considering the number of new additions he has been able to bring in.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Talking about delusions, you reckoned QoS would be title contenders. How did that go? 🙃