The Falkirk FC Thread

Is anyone else in the thinking that Kinnear starts too slow in the game and grows into it had that thought on Monday and comparing with the Airdrie game, first wee bit he scared the sh*t out of me but then again it took us that long to get going, that being said he more than redeemed himself hopefully we offer him a chance to stay as well with him being released by West Ham at the end of the season.

Edited by AL-FFC

27 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Is anyone else in the thinking that Kinnear starts too slow in the game and grows into it had that thought on Monday and comparing with the Airdrie game, first wee bit he scared the sh*t out of me but then again it took us that long to get going, that being said he more than redeemed himself hopefully we offer him a chance to stay as well with him being released by West Ham at the end of the season.

Here Sir, I thought I was great right from the off on Monday night. I was out my seat singing, jumping about like a dafty. I’m sorry I scared the shit out of you but I was waving my flag with the best of them😁

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Here Sir, I thought I was great right from the off on Monday night. I was out my seat singing, jumping about like a dafty. I’m sorry I scared the shit out of you but I was waving my flag with the best of them😁🤣

😂 Ach you need to calm down a bit with it, flapped it about too much to start off with that's how it comes off the stick.. lol,but you calmed down and pulled it back from the end once you go your mojo and in tune with the rest of the game ... 🤣

Edited by AL-FFC

39 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

😂 Ach you need to calm down a bit with it, flapped it about too much to start off with that's how it comes off the stick.. lol,but you calmed down and pulled it back from the end once you go your mojo and in tune with the rest of the game ... 🤣

I’m happy with that 🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

We won the cup on 20th April 1957 and I was born in the August of that year. I had to wait until my 40th year to see us play at Hampden in a Scottish Cup final and the b*****d was played at Ibrox instead! I was at Hampden for the League Cup semi final against Partick Thistle in 1971 but as is our want we didn't turn up that evening. You youngsters that have seen us in finals in '97, '09 and '15 and semi finals in '98 and '23 (until now, here's hoping) are so lucky. Please, savour every moment, don't take it for granted. Our achievements as a provincial club in getting to so many semi finals in the last 30 years must be unrivalled. Any stattos out there with details on this?

You're ancient, I was born in the September! We were both embryos or a fetus or something at the time so we almost made it!

5 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Just watched the interview with Rowe.   I appreciate these are puff pieces with not much by way of insightful Q&A, but I thought he comes across incredibly well.  His enthusiasm shines through and he speaks like he plays - never still,  head up, positive.  Just a general good guy and I hope this is a really helpful staging post in his career.  Of course, he’s welcome to stay…

Think he's a smashing player. Makes excellent runs ..is fast..likes a tackle..always talking.

Crossing could be better but reckon he will play at a decent level. Maybe English Championship at some point.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We need to keep the league challenge going no point letting it fizzle out now . Beat Ayr united then struggling to get anything at queen's isn't good.

Tbh, if Dunfermline drop points today and still increase their lead over us, that's our league challenge in microcosm. 

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We need to keep the league challenge going no point letting it fizzle out now . Beat Ayr united then struggling to get anything at queen's isn't good.

You don't wish to be too negative after the week we had last but to go and lose today whilst Dunfermline also look like dropping points is god awful. 

Not to mention Airdrie seem to have hit a very purple patch and the other play-off contenders winning makes today's probable result at time of writing a very, very bad one.

We never seem to do it the easy way!

That was a rotten game to watch, didn't look remotely like getting anything from it at any point. 

Not sure why Burrell wasn't on from the start after he almost single-handedly beat them the last time we played down there.

Edited by Rizzo