The Falkirk FC Thread

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We've never won the cup in my life so I can't say for sure, but i can almost feel the streaming tears of overwhelming joy I would cry beating either of those twat clubs to win it. I think I'd be inconsolable fir about an hour before speaking my first words. 

Give me that, football gods. You know they deserve the humialtion 

I feel I personally deserve a Scottish cup win after the past 5 years. Just me personally. And the footballing gods should cough it up imho. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

The thought of a final where there's a 99.9% chance we'd get humped by one of the bigot brothers while getting 90 minutes of party tunes isn't really doing it for me

If you can't dig up any enthusiasm for the semi-final and potentially a final, maybe you should consider that these unbudgeted for additional monies could go a long way to securing the future of our club, prevent us having to go part-time etc. Surely that is something that you can build up some enthusiasm for and is worth celebrating?

Saw a couple of people on FB & twitter advise the best place to watch is at home or in the pub. If you can afford it, the best place is at Hampden, especially after all the shit we’ve been through.

It really doesn’t matter if there are 10k, 15k or 45k there. It’s Falkirk in a semi final of a Scottish cup. 

If someone doesn’t want to go or can’t go, fair enough but don’t put others off. Life’s way too short & Hampden days are why we still trek to places like Wick & Darvel. 

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

I feel I personally deserve a Scottish cup win after the past 5 years. Just me personally. And the footballing gods should cough it up imho. 

They fucking owe me for '97, '09 and '15. And at least 4 semi final defeats off the top of my head.

Not to mention relegations in '88, '93, 96, '10 and '19.

And that's before we even get onto the last three years of horseshit.

11 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

They fucking owe me for '97, '09 and '15. And at least 4 semi final defeats off the top of my head.

All this and the shit show that was the late 70’s.

8 hours ago, AGPar said:

You are talking - literally - about one specific supporter. Whose opinions and takes on all things FFC generally bear little - make that no- resemblance to (a) reality or (b) anyone else's.

Stick him on ignore. 

I remember when he was rambling on about Health & Safety at the stadium and that we should seek out the guy that works at Arco who sells the safety barrier tape and cones to work for us on a consultancy basis.

I was reading it thinking this is a football forum? 

7 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

My dad was born in the 60s and it always fucks with my head that he had to wait until 97 to see us get to a final. I was too young to remember 97 but I've been quite fortunate to see us at hampden more than a handful of times. 

I'll never take that for granted, because I'll always remember he had to wait decades to see us get to a final and that could happen again. 

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Lewis (FTV) had it last but yeah it’s still kicking about 

Here’s a true story about that Latapy banner

2009 Cup Semi Final or Final, can’t mind which one,  there was a couple of Pre Match Parties at the Shed, a guy who worked with us was doing his DJ bit from a booth above the main part of the club. 
The Latapy banner was draped from this balcony to the floor.

A good time was had and I went to balcony to say thanks to DJ, and get my son and daughter who were too young to booze then, when a Falkirk fan, absolutely blotto, starts climbing over the balcony onto the banner. After a bit of a struggle I grabbed him back and asked what you doing it’s 30 feet to the ground he replied “ I want to slide down the Latapy Shute” 🤪  

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Here’s a true story about that Latapy banner

2009 Cup Semi Final or Final, can’t mind which one,  there was a couple of Pre Match Parties at the Shed, a guy who worked with us was doing his DJ bit from a booth above the main part of the club. 
The Latapy banner was draped from this balcony to the floor.

A good time was had and I went to balcony to say thanks to DJ, and get my son and daughter who were too young to booze then, when a Falkirk fan, absolutely blotto, starts climbing over the balcony onto the banner. After a bit of a struggle I grabbed him back and asked what you doing it’s 30 feet to the ground he replied “ I want to slide down the Latapy Shute” 🤪  

That’s class 👏🏻😂

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

My dad was born in the 60s and it always fucks with my head that he had to wait until 97 to see us get to a final. I was too young to remember 97 but I've been quite fortunate to see us at hampden more than a handful of times. 

I'll never take that for granted, because I'll always remember he had to wait decades to see us get to a final and that could happen again. 

This.

We won the cup on 20th April 1957 and I was born in the August of that year. I had to wait until my 40th year to see us play at Hampden in a Scottish Cup final and the b*****d was played at Ibrox instead! I was at Hampden for the League Cup semi final against Partick Thistle in 1971 but as is our want we didn't turn up that evening. You youngsters that have seen us in finals in '97, '09 and '15 and semi finals in '98 and '23 (until now, here's hoping) are so lucky. Please, savour every moment, don't take it for granted. Our achievements as a provincial club in getting to so many semi finals in the last 30 years must be unrivalled. Any stattos out there with details on this?

3 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

We won the cup on 20th April 1957 and I was born in the August of that year. I had to wait until my 40th year to see us play at Hampden in a Scottish Cup final and the b*****d was played at Ibrox instead! I was at Hampden for the League Cup semi final against Partick Thistle in 1971 but as is our want we didn't turn up that evening. You youngsters that have seen us in finals in '97, '09 and '15 and semi finals in '98 and '23 (until now, here's hoping) are so lucky. Please, savour every moment, don't take it for granted. Our achievements as a provincial club in getting to so many semi finals in the last 30 years must be unrivalled. Any stattos out there with details on this?

As someone mentioned before, the thought of going to hampden is the reason we still trek up to the like of Wick and down to Darvel. I couldn't give a flying f**k if there's 10 folk and a dug at hampden. Me and the boys I go with every week will be. 

Eleventh Semi coming up in my time following Falkirk 

Partick LC 1971 0-2

Hibs LC 1974 0-1

Celtic SC 1997 1-1  2-1

Hearts SC 1998 1-3 

Kilmarnock LC 2007 0-3

Rangers LC 2009 0-3

Dunfermline 2009 SC 2-0

Celtic LC 2012 1-3

Hibs SC 2013  3-4 AET

Hibs SC 2015 1-0

Inverness 2023 SC

23 Years to get from 2 to 3

26 Years to get from 3 to 11

Gutted I’m missing this one as I’m out the country, will be watching with 15 Yorkshire Men in Turkey but back for the final. Never been to or golfed in Belek before so pub recommendations welcome for watching the match 

Edited by NUMBER 7
Update information

Some brilliant posts from many generations of the trials and tribulations of being a Falkirk supporter, during our some incredible cup runs. I’m privileged to have been at most of our cup runs notably three cup finals which if truth to told, thought I’d never see, and arguably should have won two out the three. Unfortunately there’s been a few negative posts across some social sites about the ticket pricing, and some comparisons to the Scotland game pricing. I absolutely agree that the pricing is far too expensive, but if truth be told, lts probably £13 more than what we expected to pay. I appreciate that for some this may be a tipping point, but we are 90 minutes away from another cup final, and a chance to give the club huge financial help. 
Let’s get huge numbers behind the team in four weeks time…….

55 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

I too had to wait till my 40th year to see us play in a Scottish Cup final, something I thought was never going to happen.
My son is one of the lucky generation, he’s seen us in the same amount cup finals as me.
I echo your words, savour every moment of it.

I was 31 when we got to our first final in 1997. I would love to see how our cup record fairs against similar size clubs since I was born in 1966 as I think we have defo punched above our weight.

On a totally separate issue, just watched the Blaine Rowe interview, I would love it if we could keep him as he’s been brilliant and has a real enthusiasm about being here.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

17 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

I too had to wait till my 40th year to see us play in a Scottish Cup final, something I thought was never going to happen.
My son is one of the lucky generation, he’s seen us in the same amount cup finals as me.
I echo your words, savour every moment of it.

Dad? Is that you? 

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This.

ARE YOU ME? I was born more or less 9 months after the cup final. I think we all know how my father celebrated that night now.

I'd like to see us win something significant before I die.

Running it bit close now god (if there by some miracle there is one who wears blue).

Just watched the interview with Rowe.   I appreciate these are puff pieces with not much by way of insightful Q&A, but I thought he comes across incredibly well.  His enthusiasm shines through and he speaks like he plays - never still,  head up, positive.  Just a general good guy and I hope this is a really helpful staging post in his career.  Of course, he’s welcome to stay…