The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Will wee Max start on Saturday at Dumfries and if he does who drops out? Tricky one. He is deadly with his corner kick. Cause teams lots of problems

Start the same team. 

Eta no sorry, Oliver in for Wright

Edited by Bairnardo

Bit worried about the enforcement of allocated seating for the 29th at Hampden. A group of us tried to meet behind the goals where no one was sitting back at the final in 2015. We were promptly disbanded and told to sit in our allocated seats, which killed the atmosphere. 

14 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

Bit worried about the enforcement of allocated seating for the 29th at Hampden. A group of us tried to meet behind the goals where no one was sitting back at the final in 2015. We were promptly disbanded and told to sit in our allocated seats, which killed the atmosphere. 

Buy your seats at the same time 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would leave out Nesbitt 

And bring in Kennedy presumably? I dont see Oliver for Wright as contentious at all im sure wed all agree there. I think McGlynn maybe landed it right getting Hendo, McGinn and Kucheriavyi all into the team. I dont have a huge issue with KK missing out  on that basis

Would keep Nesbitt in, but only if he's played as a 10, completely wasted out wide. The last time we were down there Kennedy and Burrell absolutely destroyed them and the game was done after 48 minutes. Both must start imo. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Would keep Nesbitt in, but only if he's played as a 10, completely wasted out wide. The last time we were down there Kennedy and Burrell absolutely destroyed them and the game was done after 48 minutes. Both must start imo. 

Burrell seems to be completely out the picture at the moment but I agree with you I'd have him starting this game given how well he played against them last time at palmerston.

22 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Cant wait for the Navy Blue Juggernaut to roll through Europe next season, build a super-squad with the money and completely wipe out whatever league we're in. Will be gorgeous.

Lets keep our feet on the ground 🙃. Still 8 "cup finals" before our semi! 

Keep our eyes on the prize and the rest will take care of itself.

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Burrell seems to be completely out the picture at the moment but I agree with you I'd have him starting this game given how well he played against them last time at palmerston.

I think everyone is going to get their fair share of opportunitiy in this squad. Its what we've seen from McGlynn so far

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think everyone is going to get their fair share of opportunitiy in this squad. Its what we've seen from McGlynn so far

Keep forgetting about Jordan Allan as well, surely Burrell and him will feature at some point. Also big lawal could be in the picture for an appearance too I'd assume 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He's been very savvy in that way which has helped massively in getting the deadwood leftover from last season out. Positioning it as a plus for them to get out playing more as opposed to focussing on them just not being good enough to play for us. 

Was great to also see Lawal back in the matchday squad on Monday as he'll be like a new signing coming into the remaining games this season.

Said when we signed Matty Wright that I didn't really remember him doing anything from the games we played against Montrose this season and from what we've seen of him so far it's not really surprising. Seems to have been brought just for his height as a different option to what we currently have. 

Interestingly Alegria appears to be back in Scotland was it just a case of we couldn't afford to wait for him to come back from Columbia or was there more to the story?

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Cant wait for the Navy Blue Juggernaut to roll through Europe next season, build a super-squad with the money and completely wipe out whatever league we're in. Will be gorgeous.

That would be some laugh. 

Commentator: Welcome to the Stadio Olympico in Rome, where Lazio take on Falkirk. John McGlynn makes one change from Saturday's draw against Kelty Hearts...

Great competition for places all over the park now.

Last season we barely had half a decent starting 11, and now everyone is fit (apart from Meekison?) we've got two

Kinnear
Rowe McKay Donaldson McCann

McGinn Kucheriavyi

Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy

Burrell

PJ Morrison

Williamson Watson Henderson Mackie 

McGuffie Oliver Yeats Lawal

Allan Wright

I'm not saying we should go starting the whole of that second team but pretty much everyone in there can slot in and do a job. Really highlights the absolute miracle McGlynn has performed in the two transfer windows he has had.

If we want to go up via the play offs and get to the cup final everyone will have to play their part. 

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He's been very savvy in that way which has helped massively in getting the deadwood leftover from last season out. Positioning it as a plus for them to get out playing more as opposed to focussing on them just not being good enough to play for us. 

Was great to also see Lawal back in the matchday squad on Monday as he'll be like a new signing coming into the remaining games this season.

Said when we signed Matty Wright that I didn't really remember him doing anything from the games we played against Montrose this season and from what we've seen of him so far it's not really surprising. Seems to have been brought just for his height as a different option to what we currently have. 

Interestingly Alegria appears to be back in Scotland was it just a case of we couldn't afford to wait for him to come back from Columbia or was there more to the story?

Anyone know what actually happened with Alegria? Because we’ve been doing so well and now have striking options his departure is long forgotten but was a very odd one. Remember Mcglynn saying what had happened would no doubt come out but nothing clear from what I can see. 

43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Can't hide the fact that I am massive Lawal fan so aye, hope to see him soon

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

And bring in Kennedy presumably? I dont see Oliver for Wright as contentious at all im sure wed all agree there. I think McGlynn maybe landed it right getting Hendo, McGinn and Kucheriavyi all into the team. I dont have a huge issue with KK missing out  on that basis

Nesbitt is no where good enough out wide IMO. Morrison much better on the right and KK on the left.  
I would give Burrell a run 

12 hours ago, Ontovictory said:

So don't criticise our stadium. We could build a complete new one with £10m. Where did your £10m go? Not sure how Gavin Masterton f*cked you up by by losing £8m of his own money. You're financial cheats at the end of the day.

The height of roofs on the stands at TFS are the problem stopping it from being fit for purpose.

Namely a place where the customers can watch the performance comfortably and dry. They funnel in the wind and rain and just swirls it about.

Lowering the roof would address these issues with the bonus of increasing the volume of the crowd and therefore the atmosphere.