The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Gaz said:

They should maybe consider opening only the first 10 rows of the stands so at least there are people all around the pitch.

Actually, for £ 28 and £ 38 the club should do all possible NOT to sell the first 10 / 12 rows at Hampden as the view is abysmal. I will be requesting seats middle to high wherever i choose to go, and the ticketing dept should be looking at with holding selling shit view seats / rows given it is nowhere near a sell out 

26 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Pricing will have been set in anticipation of the Old Firm being kept apart.

The Blazers will not let Colin Hendry near a cup draw again.

I think we have to accept that the "keeping the OF apart" is a myth. They have met in the semis far more often recently and after all out own Kenny Jamieson did the cup draw a decade ago and there were no hot or cold balls.  Perhaps in the 80s and before but not in the last decade or so.

49 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If you go onto the Falkirk website and click on tickets, then go to the page for Falkirk v Dunfermline, it offers you tickets for the Kevin McAllister Stand, Match Sponsorship, Hospitality, VIP Boxes and Main Stand Seating. At no point does it say that these tickets are for home fans only. Even if it did say that, "abusing the ticket site" is just a baffling way to say that folk are buying tickets for the "wrong end".

Anyway, ticket for the KM Stand successfully purchased - do I need to let the stewards know about the drum in advance, or will they usher me in through a side gate when I arrive?

5064.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

3 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I think we have to accept that the "keeping the OF apart" is a myth. They have met in the semis far more often recently and after all out own Kenny Jamieson did the cup draw a decade ago and there were no hot or cold balls.  Perhaps in the 80s and before but not in the last decade or so.

Sure they’ve met in the cup semis 5/6 times in recent times whereas the last final was 2002.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If you go onto the Falkirk website and click on tickets, then go to the page for Falkirk v Dunfermline, it offers you tickets for the Kevin McAllister Stand, Match Sponsorship, Hospitality, VIP Boxes and Main Stand Seating. At no point does it say that these tickets are for home fans only. Even if it did say that, "abusing the ticket site" is just a baffling way to say that folk are buying tickets for the "wrong end".

Anyway, ticket for the KM Stand successfully purchased - do I need to let the stewards know about the drum in advance, or will they usher me in through a side gate when I arrive?

I will be at the head of a welcoming party carrying fiery torches and pitchforks.

54 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

A draw was fixed as they thought Ayr were going through they didn’t have time to cool the balls down after we screwed things up.The draw was meant to be 

1 Ayr v 4 Rangers

2 Celtic v 3 ICT

Hugh Keevins told me

I know this has been probably done to death since the QF but this thread moves at some pace. I know/think that whatever financial hole was being discussed earlier on in the season was fully or mostly covered…..:on the assumption that is correct then surely the semi final must have the potential to put you guys in a good financial position to move forward. What is the estimated income for the semi? 

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I know this has been probably done to death since the QF but this thread moves at some pace. I know/think that whatever financial hole was being discussed earlier on in the season was fully or mostly covered…..:on the assumption that is correct then surely the semi final must have the potential to put you guys in a good financial position to move forward. What is the estimated income for the semi? 

Min 285k from prize money, TV cash from the last two rounds and a quarter of the combined gates of the semis less costs. Share of the gates in the previous rounds . Can’t see Falkirk not clearing 500k from the cup run. Beat ICT and it would add another lump (we made £1.3m profit in 2015 when we got the the final v ICT)  

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Nope, they’ll usher you out through a side gate about 5 minutes before kick off.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

On 14/03/2023 at 23:16, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

No pence in the pound, yeah. Most debts owed to local guys who gave soft loans and ended up removing Masterton, then taking over the club. Voting to accept no pence in the pound. There was a lot of making up with local businesses to be done. Which has been pretty successful. Masterton did f*ck us up. But hey, we're still here, still the same old club, owning you all season so far. We're going to shove McGlynn on the antique mantlepiece in the NW at the end of the season. 

So don't criticise our stadium. We could build a complete new one with £10m. Where did your £10m go? Not sure how Gavin Masterton f*cked you up by by losing £8m of his own money. You're financial cheats at the end of the day.