The Falkirk FC Thread

Pay £38 to watch us get beat by Caley

OR

Pay £38 to watch us beat Caley and (more than likely) get absolutely pummeled by one of the OF whilst being subjected to 90 minutes of the party songbook.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Outrageous prices from the Strathclyde Football Association but they know they can charge the arse cheeks what they like and their fans will pay. 

I feel sorry for the ICT fans with the KO time but it’s what we have come to expect from the SFA now.

They would be better playing the game at Tynecastle, as the crowd at Hampden will look embarrassing now. 

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Likewise. On the basis we can sell 9-10k, I reckon the split will be roughly;

South - c1500

North - c3000

West - c5000

I genuinely can't see those numbers now after those prices. If we sell more than one section in the north stand. I will be truly amazed.

SFA are fucking wanks.

That's absolutely outrageous, I get it's a great payday for the club but what a shame now for the people who won't be able to make it.

Say a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids getting the train from falkirk and likely will need to get some food. Tickets would be £112 for North stand and £82 for West. Train tickets from Falkirk to Glasgow for 4 on that date if bought today total £47. Plus food for a family of 4, say £50 roughly. 

That's £180 for a family of 4 for one day West stand or £210 for North. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

That's absolutely outrageous, I get it's a great payday for the club but what a shame now for the people who won't be able to make it.

Say a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids getting the train from falkirk and likely will need to get some food. Tickets would be £112 for North stand and £82 for West. Train tickets from Falkirk to Glasgow for 4 on that date if bought today total £47. Plus food for a family of 4, say £50 roughly. 

That's £180 for a family of 4 for one day West stand or £210 for North. 

This will be even more for ICT fans who will have far more expensive travel with some potentially having to stay the night. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Playing devil’s advocate here. The money from gate receipts across both semi finals is split between the four clubs and the other game is guaranteed to sell out. A slightly smaller crowd at our game could be better for the club in the long term rather than giving old firm fans discounted tickets. It’s unfortunate that they can’t discriminate the pricing between the two games based on supply and demand but I guess if that was the case then the OF would rightly demand more than their 25% share of the takings.

I’ll be paying £28 for the cheaper seats and undoubtedly watching most of the game on the jumbotron. The view is horrific at Hampden. 

they absolutely could set prices differently for different games, they are in charge and they make the rules, they've chosen not to

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

they absolutely could set prices differently for different games, they are in charge and they make the rules, they've chosen not to

It's only fair that if the proceeds of the games are to be split 4 ways then all 4 sets of fans pay the same. 

49 minutes ago, Donathan said:

The £38 number is getting banded around but I’d imagine the vast, vast majority of people will be sitting in the cheaper seats 

Should be avoiding the £38 ones in protest IMO. All the fans crammed into the west/east corners will make the SAF look even dafter than they already are.

I'm quite surprised they're making tickets available for all four stands straight away tbh. Although they might do the East and West stands from the corners round, but then if they sell tickets for the North and South stands from the halfway line there will be big gaps at both ends which will look rubbish. Maybe not the Falkirk end, since McGlynn said that you'd take 15-20,000 to the game... 

For the game between us, I wouldn't be going into the home end. I could do it against a no-mark team, and I've been a neutral or in the "wrong" end a few times and just sat and watched the game but there are too many idiots who attach themselves to this fixture so I don't fancy getting any grief just in case. I can see why folk were want to, but I just hope they can sit quietly and not attract attention to themselves. Not quite sure how it's "abusing the ticket site" and not sure how you can refuse to let someone in unless they're doing something daft like wearing colours.

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not quite sure how it's "abusing the ticket site"

Dunfermline have been provided with a link on your own club site to specifically purchase AWAY tickets. That some may be purchasing tickets in the stand not allocated to Dunfermline for the match is abuse of the site and it's limitations.

32 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Dunfermline have been provided with a link on your own club site to specifically purchase AWAY tickets. That some may be purchasing tickets in the stand not allocated to Dunfermline for the match is abuse of the site and it's limitations.

If you go onto the Falkirk website and click on tickets, then go to the page for Falkirk v Dunfermline, it offers you tickets for the Kevin McAllister Stand, Match Sponsorship, Hospitality, VIP Boxes and Main Stand Seating. At no point does it say that these tickets are for home fans only. Even if it did say that, "abusing the ticket site" is just a baffling way to say that folk are buying tickets for the "wrong end".

Anyway, ticket for the KM Stand successfully purchased - do I need to let the stewards know about the drum in advance, or will they usher me in through a side gate when I arrive?

The Police will already he all over that fixture as we know. If Falkirk get wind of Pars fans buying home tickets, the Police will vmget told and the whole thing will descend into a shit show. 

I'm not worried, because if I get even a tiny hint of verbal, one right hand from me will drop everyone in a 5 yard radius, but please think of the less able fans and stay in your own end. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'm quite surprised they're making tickets available for all four stands straight away tbh. Although they might do the East and West stands from the corners round, but then if they sell tickets for the North and South stands from the halfway line there will be big gaps at both ends which will look rubbish. Maybe not the Falkirk end, since McGlynn said that you'd take 15-20,000 to the game... 

For the game between us, I wouldn't be going into the home end. I could do it against a no-mark team, and I've been a neutral or in the "wrong" end a few times and just sat and watched the game but there are too many idiots who attach themselves to this fixture so I don't fancy getting any grief just in case. I can see why folk were want to, but I just hope they can sit quietly and not attract attention to themselves. Not quite sure how it's "abusing the ticket site" and not sure how you can refuse to let someone in unless they're doing something daft like wearing colours.

Unpopular opinion, I don't have any problem with fans going in the "wrong end"  as long as they obey the goldens rules of no colours and sit quietly