The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have no agenda of any sort. The previous regime had run its course and received well deserved criticism at times.

However, I don’t believe the new board should be immune from comment or challenge, as some seem to think.

Of course there have been improvements. However, in the absence of directors able to provide soft loans, we are now facing £400k cut to the playing budget. I suspect I am not the only one who feels we are very unlikely to be able to raise that from the FSS and Falkirk Forever.

I therefore don’t agree with the opposition to seeking external investment.

After years of despair and disappointment, I don’t think there’s anyone that doesn’t recognise that with John McGlynn & Paul Smith in charge, we’ve got our identity back.

Our current set of players have got us to a semi final slot, and challenging in reality a play off spot, and after viewing not only the scenes after the Ayr result, but after watching many videos, we have players that care about the club, compared to hordes that have been shirt stealers.

We thank the BOD for identifying the management team and backing, allowing M&S to build a team of players that can get us out this hell hole. 

So some hard financial facts, the club starts of every new season with a deficit that is simply unsustainable, figures of around 0.3-0.5M as reported, and in reality without this shortfall/deficit being addressed, it’s likely we will need to remove this cost from the football budget, which would weaken our squad significantly. 

With the goodwill of many patrons, private investors and (soft) loans we are on target to meet this years budget. After all the talk about fan ownership (FSS) and after listening to the podcast, It’s abundantly clear that the club want the fan ownership to replace the existing model, that we start with a huge minus cost every new season.

Absolutely agree with any business-financial model that gives the balance sheet anything better than a minus, but some concern that is all “weighted” on FSS/additional new scheme making the shortfall. As conveyed by the directors during the podcast, there is currently no wealthy fan willing to write of losses each year, so any short fall is self funding.

I sincerely hope we can reach the targeted numbers, but concern should we not reach anywhere near the expected shareholding. 

Maybe I’ve misinterpreted the directors stance,  but there seems to be resistance against any external investment. Again I fully understand that any external investment can open the doors for predatory figures, which of course we don’t want, but it would be good to know if someone like the Rawlings were interested in investing in the club, would we politely decline ?

On the Rawlings, it’s all went very quiet, and there was some whispers that they were bringing in additional funding? I’m assuming this is not the case now? Are they still happy at the club? Or are they trying to negate an exit?

There’s not one supporter that won’t back the club where possible, my concern is plan B, should the fan ownership not succeed. 

41 minutes ago, Springfield said:

On the Rawlings, it’s all went very quiet, and there was some whispers that they were bringing in additional funding? I’m assuming this is not the case now? Are they still happy at the club? Or are they trying to negate an exit?

Not sure what the Rawlins really intended for our club, but no denying that their cash at the time was very helpful. It's just a pity it coincided with possibly the worst set of circumstances on both the playing and Boardroom front for many a year. I'm not surprised they left with a bitter taste after possibly being decieved and witnessing total melt down at the club in terms of administration.

If they were investing for the first time this season, we may have seen their additional investment coming in and a completely different outlook in terms of finances from the "3rd leg" of the club ownership model, which would have helped for the future.

1 minute ago, Zbairn said:

Not sure what the Rawlins really intended for our club, but no denying that their cash at the time was very helpful. It's just a pity it coincided with possibly the worst set of circumstances on both the playing and Boardroom front for many a year. I'm not surprised they left with a bitter taste after possibly being decieved and witnessing total melt down at the club in terms of administration.

If they were investing for the first time this season, we may have seen their additional investment coming in and a completely different outlook in terms of finances from the "3rd leg" of the club ownership model, which would have helped for the future.

surely they've seen a turnaround in the way the clubs going? Could entice them back

Guest Brockvillenomore
32 minutes ago, Springfield said:

After years of despair and disappointment, I don’t think there’s anyone that doesn’t recognise that with John McGlynn & Paul Smith in charge, we’ve got our identity back.

Our current set of players have got us to a semi final slot, and challenging in reality a play off spot, and after viewing not only the scenes after the Ayr result, but after watching many videos, we have players that care about the club, compared to hordes that have been shirt stealers.

We thank the BOD for identifying the management team and backing, allowing M&S to build a team of players that can get us out this hell hole. 

So some hard financial facts, the club starts of every new season with a deficit that is simply unsustainable, figures of around 0.3-0.5M as reported, and in reality without this shortfall/deficit being addressed, it’s likely we will need to remove this cost from the football budget, which would weaken our squad significantly. 

With the goodwill of many patrons, private investors and (soft) loans we are on target to meet this years budget. After all the talk about fan ownership (FSS) and after listening to the podcast, It’s abundantly clear that the club want the fan ownership to replace the existing model, that we start with a huge minus cost every new season.

Absolutely agree with any business-financial model that gives the balance sheet anything better than a minus, but some concern that is all “weighted” on FSS/additional new scheme making the shortfall. As conveyed by the directors during the podcast, there is currently no wealthy fan willing to write of losses each year, so any short fall is self funding.

I sincerely hope we can reach the targeted numbers, but concern should we not reach anywhere near the expected shareholding. 

Maybe I’ve misinterpreted the directors stance,  but there seems to be resistance against any external investment. Again I fully understand that any external investment can open the doors for predatory figures, which of course we don’t want, but it would be good to know if someone like the Rawlings were interested in investing in the club, would we politely decline ?

There’s not one supporter that won’t back the club where possible, my concern is plan B, should the fan ownership not succeed. 

Good post @Springfield can’t disagree with anything you say. Here’s my thoughts and response to @PedroMoutinho initial post you replied to. 

We absolutely have to challenge the board and hold them accountable. But comment or challenge has to be made on facts, not made up quotes or misinterpretation of what was said. You claim you don’t have an agenda,  yet when we were all singing Amarillo and enjoying being in a semi final you were posting that the board were making threats. Which is simply not true. 

The board were appointed to deliver fan ownership as close to a 33.3% split for three groups, major, medium and small shareholders with FSS falling into the small grouping. 

This is their remit. This is what the shareholders approved.  If they want / need to change that they need to come back to the shareholders for approval. 

As for external investment I knew there was something in the public domain and after a lot of frustrating searches I eventually found this from October last year. 5 months ago. 

I think it’s pretty clear what they plan to do, which as statutory directors & elected representatives of the FSS, patrons and major shareholders they are legally obliged to do. 

The problem with this board is they have put so much information and detail about the club and how it’s run at times it can be difficult to piece it all together. 

13 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

12.15 please.

Perfect Saturday night viewing here on the east coast of Australia!

10 hours ago, tokyo bairn said:

Would be an 8:15pm kick off in Tokyo! 🍺

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

AYE, OK, THE WORLD IS ROUND | image tagged in winston ingram | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

It'll be 6.15pm in Viet Nam 😋

2315 in Auckland! (If I don’t manage to swing a trip home for it)

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This in spades. A big deal was made of the situation with the QOTS fans so they have to be identified and kicked out asap. It will be a highly charged game and we don't want them in among our fans.

Shiteing it

Our Scottish Cup Semi-Final v Inverness Caledonian Thistle will be taking place on Saturday 29th April, Kick-off 12:15 and will be broadcast live on BBC One & Viaplay Sports. Ticket pricing for this fixture can be found below.

Following consultation and discussion with the three other Semi-Finalists and the Scottish FA, the following pricing structure and ticketing arrangements have been agreed for the two Semi-Final matches.

Ticket pricing for Falkirk supporters:

South Stand Lower Section P                Adults £38        Over 65 / Under-16 £18

North Stand Section C                           Adults £38        Over 65 / Under-16 £18

West Stand Section B                            Adults £28        Over 65 / Under-16 £13

North Stand Wheelchair Users               Adults £20        Over 65 / Under-16 £10

South Stand Wheelchair Users              Adults £15        Over 65 / Under-16 £8

Further ticketing information will be announced in due course.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Our Scottish Cup Semi-Final v Inverness Caledonian Thistle will be taking place on Saturday 29th April, Kick-off 12:15 and will be broadcast live on BBC One & Viaplay Sports. Ticket pricing for this fixture can be found below.

Following consultation and discussion with the three other Semi-Finalists and the Scottish FA, the following pricing structure and ticketing arrangements have been agreed for the two Semi-Final matches.

Ticket pricing for Falkirk supporters:

South Stand Lower Section P                Adults £38        Over 65 / Under-16 £18

North Stand Section C                           Adults £38        Over 65 / Under-16 £18

West Stand Section B                            Adults £28        Over 65 / Under-16 £13

North Stand Wheelchair Users               Adults £20        Over 65 / Under-16 £10

South Stand Wheelchair Users              Adults £15        Over 65 / Under-16 £8

Further ticketing information will be announced in due course.

I take it this is what the bigot brothers will be paying. wowza......more cash for us. 

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Sounds like a fantastic plan. Please provide your workings.

"Patrons must display the correct number of digits on their hands to gain entry to the Main Stand. Greater than 10 in total will result in refusal of entry and possible prosecution by the full force of the law".

5 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I take it this is what the bigot brothers will be paying. wowza......more cash for us. 

Aye, it's an absolute pisser for us as fans, but we'll be raking in a quarter of a sold out hampden for the Sunday game at 38 quid a head 🤣

I don't blame the club here. Its clear that those prices are geared at the OF semi which is typically what they pay. I hope the club come out to explain in some way that our hands were tied. 

Can 80% of our crowd plumping for the West stand. The North stand will look pathetic at those prices.

Just now, latapythelegend said:

I don't blame the club here. Its clear that those prices are geared at the OF semi which is typically what they pay. I hope the club come out to explain in some way that our hands were tied. 

Can 80% of our crowd plumping for the West stand. The North stand will look pathetic at those prices.

We as fans should agree to only purchase West stand tickets until we fill that section and have to spill over to the north stand (if we even sell that section out). Make it look absolutely pathetic on TV - f**k the SFA

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Aye, it's an absolute pisser for us as fans, but we'll be raking in a quarter of a sold out hampden for the Sunday game at 38 quid a head 🤣

51,000 capacity minus any they give away plus left empty for segregation. So say £1.9 million income from OF alone. Obviously there will be significant costs but a quarter of that would be decent.

And I get the desire to all of us to be in the West Stand but the view from behind the goals at Hampden is bloody awful. Sorry but North Stand for me. 

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee