The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Springfield said:

Interesting Podcast with the directors. Firstly the conspiracies (mostly negative) about how we are treated by the council are certainly not what the directors conveyed, and reading between the lines the club are very happy with the existing model. Maybe a small hint that we are benefitting not being the owners.

However, the important and critical dialogue/message is our current business model. We simply need an additional £300-£500K injection of cash every season to sustain the existing business model, or if we were to run without debt, around £400K would need to be slashed/removed from John McGlynns football budget.
They did reinforce that the club know the importance of giving the manager the best budget in order to compete and challenge, but another season in league one without the additional cash couldn’t really be sustainable, in the current model.

A lot of discussion about the importance of the FSS and the club fully behind and backing them to do well. Projected numbers to roughly double which increase yearly investment close to £200K. (Can’t recall if a timeline was quoted)

For me, the current BOD are 100% correct to reset/remodel the club as there’s not a business model that budgets for a £400K loss in any new season/financial year (obviously exceptions being very wealthy individuals who are happy to surface any losses which we don’t have) Clearly there’s an army of people who have dug deep to help out the club, at a time where inflation and energy costs have rocketed, which the directors thanked ( continually throughout the podcast) 

I’ve not done the maths, but an example used by one of the directors- one takeaway coffee every week, this would amount to a monthly subscription of £10 to the FSS. ( I would probably have a cinnamon twirl so could probably stretch to £15) 

Can you point me in the direction of this podcast please? Sounds pretty interesting. 

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

He has gone well past the blethering stage.

Blatantly has an anti new regime agenda and an apologist for the previous failed regime.

Bewildering that he cannot bring himself to enjoy the huge strides taken both on and off the park.

I have no agenda of any sort. The previous regime had run its course and received well deserved criticism at times.

However, I don’t believe the new board should be immune from comment or challenge, as some seem to think.

Of course there have been improvements. However, in the absence of directors able to provide soft loans, we are now facing £400k cut to the playing budget. I suspect I am not the only one who feels we are very unlikely to be able to raise that from the FSS and Falkirk Forever.

I therefore don’t agree with the opposition to seeking external investment.

9 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have no agenda of any sort. The previous regime had run its course and received well deserved criticism at times.

However, I don’t believe the new board should be immune from comment or challenge, as some seem to think.

Of course there have been improvements. However, in the absence of directors able to provide soft loans, we are now facing £400k cut to the playing budget. I suspect I am not the only one who feels we are very unlikely to be able to raise that from the FSS and Falkirk Forever.

I therefore don’t agree with the opposition to seeking external investment.

Your whining is constant and usually completely unnecessary.

You are as boring as you are miserable.

NEW EPISODE…OUT NOW

“We’ve got a semi. You’ve got a semi. We’ve all got a semi! Falkirk are going to Hampden and Ross & John look back at how we got there in the quarter final against Ayr.

They are joined by the man who arranged the TIFO, Kieran Kuhn, to look back at one of the best night's the stadium has seen plus previewing the QOS game and a look into all the club news.”

2 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Was anyone at the FSS AGM yesterday, saw that there was some interesting talks about the Academy, anything else of interest? 

Nothing particularly noteworthy.

Quick laughing off *ahem* I mean clarification  @Back Post Misses 👀 that there is no rift in the committee and the changes are down to personal commitments etc etc.

Few formalities approving minutes and accounts.

Couple questions around shareholding aims and membership increase.

Then onto Tony Beggs academy presentation.

At some point in the future (almost certainly before the next World Cup), there is going to be a major transition. FSS continuing to grow within that timescale will see all existing unsold shares become FSS property.

FSS will be the single biggest shareholder, and can only grow that shareholding by either buying back existing shares (with no money to the club) or the club decide to go for another share issue (inevitably diluting everyone’s existing shareholding).

Or, a transition. No more share issues…….FSS future revenues would go directly to the club with no tangible return. I would imagine that to be more of a club membership thing? Kind of “I have my ST, I have the occasional hospitality, and I am a member of FFC (a club can have members yes?), and a combination of commercial revenue, football league revenue, ST & PATG revenue and FSS/FF(?) revenues (effectively being a club member) would square the circle in terms of income.

Where the FSS and Falkirk Forever differ, I don’t know, but once all available shares are acquired by FSS, then I would imagine FSS would have to transition/morph into something else. Would it ideologically still be a stand alone thing, or would it simply merge into whatever FF is going to be?

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

At some point in the future (almost certainly before the next World Cup), there is going to be a major transition. FSS continuing to grow within that timescale will see all existing unsold shares become FSS property.

FSS will be the single biggest shareholder, and can only grow that shareholding by either buying back existing shares (with no money to the club) or the club decide to go for another share issue (inevitably diluting everyone’s existing shareholding).

Or, a transition. No more share issues…….FSS future revenues would go directly to the club with no tangible return. I would imagine that to be more of a club membership thing? Kind of “I have my ST, I have the occasional hospitality, and I am a member of FFC (a club can have members yes?), and a combination of commercial revenue, football league revenue, ST & PATG revenue and FSS/FF(?) revenues (effectively being a club member) would square the circle in terms of income.

Where the FSS and Falkirk Forever differ, I don’t know, but once all available shares are acquired by FSS, then I would imagine FSS would have to transition/morph into something else. Would it ideologically still be a stand alone thing, or would it simply merge into whatever FF is going to be?

I wouldn’t mind paying a monthly membership type subscription with as you say no tangible return. I don’t really bother about the whole share side of things with my FSS payment. I suppose I’m lucky that I can afford to do this but I remember the dark days of administration and never want to see the club in the wrong hands again.

After hearing that the Pars have sold out their away end tickets and are now snapping up tickets in our main stand I've bought my two main stand tickets much earlier than anticipated today.

In an effort to boost numbers I'm also taking a Spurs season ticket holder who's never been to a Falkirk game. He lives locally so you never know might start attending if we put on a show...

17 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

... and are now snapping up tickets in our main stand ...

Assume they are abusing the ticketing site and if true I hope they are promptly horsed out at the 1st signs of their allegiance 🤬

44 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

After hearing that the Pars have sold out their away end tickets and are now snapping up tickets in our main stand I've bought my two main stand tickets much earlier than anticipated today.

In an effort to boost numbers I'm also taking a Spurs season ticket holder who's never been to a Falkirk game. He lives locally so you never know might start attending if we put on a show...

Don’t let them in 

24 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Assume they are abusing the ticketing site and if true I hope they are promptly horsed out at the 1st signs of their allegiance 🤬

This in spades. A big deal was made of the situation with the QOTS fans so they have to be identified and kicked out asap. It will be a highly charged game and we don't want them in among our fans.