The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just found this on YouTube, really captures the atmosphere and emotions of the night, especially at full-time, that you don't get on Falkirk TV (not a criticism of Falkirk TV).

Enjoy!

I found another on You Tube it’s been posted by a young Ayr fan. Unfortunately I’m useless with tech stuff to share the link. It’s called “late winner knocks Ayr out in the Scottish Cup quarterfinals”. I’ve watched the bit at 2m 51sec where it shows the South erupting when Kai’s shot hits the net about 20 times. A truly lovely sight after the shit we’ve endured since relegation.

14 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

I’m not sure berating somebody is the best way to get the argument across BPM. Everybody is entitled to an opinion and is free to express it here or anywhere else for that matter. 

I used the term havering or maybe blethering in an early post about @PedroMoutinho which is as far as I would go. But I understand your view and I’d guess frustration with PM’s input here. They clearly have an agenda that to the majority of us makes no sense whatsoever. 

I see PM put in quotations a statement that wasn’t made on the podcast to give a false and misleading impression of what the boards message was….then proceeds to try and take the moral high ground about communication. All sadly more than a little disingenuous and further evidence of the transparency around their motivation. 

My 50 odd years on the planet tell me that when somebody shows you who they are, believe them. 

He has gone well past the blethering stage.

Blatantly has an anti new regime agenda and an apologist for the previous failed regime.

Bewildering that he cannot bring himself to enjoy the huge strides taken both on and off the park.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I found another on You Tube it’s been posted by a young Ayr fan. Unfortunately I’m useless with tech stuff to share the link. It’s called “late winner knocks Ayr out in the Scottish Cup quarterfinals”. I’ve watched the bit at 2m 51sec where it shows the South erupting when Kai’s shot hits the net about 20 times. A truly lovely sight after the shit we’ve endured since relegation.

3 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'm not entirely sure where you're coming from here, are you suggesting fan ownership doesn't work? A number of Scottish clubs has excelled with this model.

Why would regular fan donations not be included in the budget? That is an integral part of fan ownership.

Not at all! but look on it as a bonus and not to be taken for granted year in year out.

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not at all! but look on it as a bonus and not to be taken for granted year in year out.

Ahh as in don't bank on future signups to fill a budget gap? From what I gather the board are following that - the budget will be set and only after FSS/FF signups increase will it change.

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Crazy the average wage for them is £900. how the f*ck were we in a position to offer thousands a week to Griffiths, we probably weren't actually. Agreed on the not begrudging players for making a better life for themselves.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

He has gone well past the blethering stage.

Blatantly has an anti new regime agenda and an apologist for the previous failed regime.

Bewildering that he cannot bring himself to enjoy the huge strides taken both on and off the park.

That level of dedication and devotion to a cause, against overwhelming evidence to the contrary, usually means it’s based on a grievance and very personal. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore
To ensure the best possible communication skills

Guest Brockvillenomore
7 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I remember seeing clips at the start of the season of training there.

John McGlynn explained at the AGM the reason they were back at the stadium. Players choice apparently. 

5 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

John McGlynn explained at the AGM the reason they were back at the stadium. Players choice apparently. 

We trained on the grass at Little Kerse during pre season in an attempt to reduce injuries - funnily enough that was the period of the season we suffered the most injuries

17 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Was there not a lot of money spent on equipment and improving  facilities at little kerse and yet we've now upped sticks and moved back if true. I missed the AGM unfortunately but seems a bit strange.

Edited by Shodwall cat