The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

……..and here you are, back to your petulant “my Dad’s better than your Dad” pish. You are one seriously needy fecker. Don’t they like you on your own club’s thread?
The one thing that overarches all of this is your mob reneged on their debts……..right down to the registered charities that you also failed to pay. Stadiums come and go, but 0p in the £ is with you forever.

A delightful amount of seethe there, how amusing. 

"Forever" Got over it years ago m8, unlucky. 

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is he not just a sad twat in a costume like every other mascot?

No, he's an actual bear. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
22 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

How much debt did you walk away from in your administration, £10m?

No pence in the pound, yeah. Most debts owed to local guys who gave soft loans and ended up removing Masterton, then taking over the club. Voting to accept no pence in the pound. There was a lot of making up with local businesses to be done. Which has been pretty successful. Masterton did f*ck us up. But hey, we're still here, still the same old club, owning you all season so far. We're going to shove McGlynn on the antique mantlepiece in the NW at the end of the season. 

51 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Silly Fife c***s claiming they have a 4 sided stadium when they cant use half a side of it. Two of the stands have pillars. The seats have faded down to a light pink. The tunnell is in the corner. All in all it's quite shite. 

f**k off

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

No, he's an actual bear. 

Is he?, for fucks sake min. I thought the big hieded fucker was a man in a costume 🤣🤣🤣

I do think the side opposite the main stand looks really shite and I’d rather we did something to fill that space whether it be terracing or a much smaller stand, but it doesn’t even touch the middle of our priority list and won’t be getting done any time soon.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

It's really going to ruin these losers fun when we lift the Scottish Cup and play in the same league as them next season innit

We want you in the league next season, you're fun. 

Good luck in the final if you get there. I hope it's Rangers, then you've got a slim chance. I hate them, and Celtic. 

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I do think the side opposite the main stand looks really shite and I’d rather we did something to fill that space whether it be terracing or a much smaller stand, but it doesn’t even touch when the middle of our priority list and won’t be getting done any time soon.

In hindsight we should have built a smaller main stand. I was only a young lad at the time and cant really remember why we built such a big main stand. 

57 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

In hindsight we should have built a smaller main stand. I was only a young lad at the time and cant really remember why we built such a big main stand. 

It was to meet a Spl criteria that we needed so many seats in the ground. Now a thing of the past but big at the time

Interesting Podcast with the directors. Firstly the conspiracies (mostly negative) about how we are treated by the council are certainly not what the directors conveyed, and reading between the lines the club are very happy with the existing model. Maybe a small hint that we are benefitting not being the owners.

However, the important and critical dialogue/message is our current business model. We simply need an additional £300-£500K injection of cash every season to sustain the existing business model, or if we were to run without debt, around £400K would need to be slashed/removed from John McGlynns football budget.
They did reinforce that the club know the importance of giving the manager the best budget in order to compete and challenge, but another season in league one without the additional cash couldn’t really be sustainable, in the current model.

A lot of discussion about the importance of the FSS and the club fully behind and backing them to do well. Projected numbers to roughly double which increase yearly investment close to £200K. (Can’t recall if a timeline was quoted)

For me, the current BOD are 100% correct to reset/remodel the club as there’s not a business model that budgets for a £400K loss in any new season/financial year (obviously exceptions being very wealthy individuals who are happy to surface any losses which we don’t have) Clearly there’s an army of people who have dug deep to help out the club, at a time where inflation and energy costs have rocketed, which the directors thanked ( continually throughout the podcast) 

I’ve not done the maths, but an example used by one of the directors- one takeaway coffee every week, this would amount to a monthly subscription of £10 to the FSS. ( I would probably have a cinnamon twirl so could probably stretch to £15) 

8 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

No pence in the pound, yeah. Most debts owed to local guys who gave soft loans and ended up removing Masterton, then taking over the club. Voting to accept no pence in the pound. There was a lot of making up with local businesses to be done. Which has been pretty successful. Masterton did f*ck us up. But hey, we're still here, still the same old club, owning you all season so far. We're going to shove McGlynn on the antique mantlepiece in the NW at the end of the season. 

It's called financial cheating . Spending money you don't have and then never paying it back. The fact the football authorities let it happen is frankly ludicrous.  Rangers, gretna, Airdrie, Dundee twice, livi 3 times, Dunfermline, hearts and motherwell.Scottish footballs list of shame.

21 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's called financial cheating . Spending money you don't have and then never paying it back. The fact the football authorities let it happen is frankly ludicrous.  Rangers, gretna, Airdrie, Dundee twice, livi 3 times, Dunfermline, hearts and motherwell.Scottish footballs list of shame.

It is the same down South TBF and their list is even longer 

7 games to play in April, then potentially 4 or 5 (including play offs - can't remember if its a one off final or home and away) in early May - just as well we have a strong squad, we'll need to use it

Edited to add, sorry forgot a potential Scottish Cup Final too!

Edited by bridge of allan bairn