The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Used to be far better  atmosphere when the two sets of fans were right up against each other at the side of the park at eep.  

This true. Very true indeed. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

How the Fck did a decent few pages/posts descend into a tit for tat over stadia. Tbt both stadiums can have great atmospheres at certain games. Can we end the shite please 

You are of course correct. However, that's not how things play out on here. Good job you've got level headed folk like us about eh. 

28 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

What a truly tragic debate. Our ground looked fucking tremendous last Tuesday night and anyone saying otherwise is fucking lying. Falkirks is one of the better looking new builds, albeit missing a stand. Sort that out and it's ideal.

Credit where credits due, your stadium did look fantastic last Tuesday. Both sets of fans played their part (Until we all left with 15mins to go!)

13 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Credit where credits due, your stadium did look fantastic last Tuesday. Both sets of fans played their part (Until we all left with 15mins to go!)

Already posted on here that I thought our support was pretty subdued last week despite the sellout and I stayed to the bitter end incidentally.

Last night the Bairnabeu was rocking all through the game, every bit as good as the much hyped Brockville atmosphere.

Get it right on the park and we will respond.

58 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I did not claim that your main stand had terracing wtf are you getting that from. You've got a main stand built in the  60s and the one opposite is basically seats screwed into an old terracing.  Your grounds only half finished . It's 2023 you shouldn't have pillars blocking your view at a football ground . Did the pipes no freeze in the old heap of a main stand not that long ago too.  

Main Stand built in the 60s - correct, but it has had major renovations since, including pitch side boxes, new padded seats and new cladding.

The one opposite is basically seats screwed onto an old terracing - nope, sorry. The old steps from the terracing were removed, and a new concrete base was laid with a profile to match seats rather than standing. It has the same rake as the new stands, unlike the converted terracing at say Pittodrie. 

Your grounds only half finished .- and yet it has one stand more than TFC and a much larger capacity (the 10th largest club ground in Scotland whereas TFS is 20th, I believe?). 

It's 2023 you shouldn't have pillars blocking your view at a football ground - probably a reasonable comment, but I'd argue that in 2023 a covered stand should provide protection from the elements and should provide decent raised viewing for disabled supporters. Sadly the designers of TFS went for style over substance so folk get soaked and disabled fans have a rubbish view, being at pitch side behind a railing and advertising hoardings.

Did the pipes no freeze in the old heap of a main stand not that long ago too - nope, must have been thinking of somewhere else. The boiler pump broke, which meant our undersoil heating (you have that, right? No modern ground would be without it?) couldn't be used. It's fixed now though. 👍

Anyway, I'll concede your main stand frontage looks nice and if you ever get a 4th stand it'll be a lovely venue. But as for the rest? Nah.

10 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Silly Fife c***s claiming they have a 4 sided stadium when they cant use half a side of it. Two of the stands have pillars. The seats have faded down to a light pink. The tunnell is in the corner. All in all it's quite shite. 

East end park is like a shite version of Starks Park, but with different coloured seats. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
13 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Silly Fife c***s claiming they have a 4 sided stadium when they cant use half a side of it. Two of the stands have pillars. The seats have faded down to a light pink. The tunnell is in the corner. All in all it's quite shite. 

Shut up you silly tart.

<<<<either way>>>>, shiteing it.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

And despite these three new stands you've just had pages of discussion about how these stands don't protect you from the elements, maybe time to build them again? 

You said the stand built in the 60s had terracing, the main stand never had terracing. 

The North Stand did have terracing, however has never had bucket seats. 

And this is all a bit silly because EEP is quite simply, a far superior stadium to TFS. It would be rather silly to try claim otherwise when there's been pages of discussion on this thread about the problems with TFS. 

Now get those main stand sections handed over, thank you. 

……..and here you are, back to your petulant “my Dad’s better than your Dad” pish. You are one seriously needy fecker. Don’t they like you on your own club’s thread?
The one thing that overarches all of this is your mob reneged on their debts……..right down to the registered charities that you also failed to pay. Stadiums come and go, but 0p in the £ is with you forever.

16 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Main Stand built in the 60s - correct, but it has had major renovations since, including pitch side boxes, new padded seats and new cladding.

The one opposite is basically seats screwed onto an old terracing - nope, sorry. The old steps from the terracing were removed, and a new concrete base was laid with a profile to match seats rather than standing. It has the same rake as the new stands, unlike the converted terracing at say Pittodrie. 

Your grounds only half finished .- and yet it has one stand more than TFC and a much larger capacity (the 10th largest club ground in Scotland whereas TFS is 20th, I believe?). 

It's 2023 you shouldn't have pillars blocking your view at a football ground - probably a reasonable comment, but I'd argue that in 2023 a covered stand should provide protection from the elements and should provide decent raised viewing for disabled supporters. Sadly the designers of TFS went for style over substance so folk get soaked and disabled fans have a rubbish view, being at pitch side behind a railing and advertising hoardings.

Did the pipes no freeze in the old heap of a main stand not that long ago too - nope, must have been thinking of somewhere else. The boiler pump broke, which meant our undersoil heating (you have that, right? No modern ground would be without it?) couldn't be used. It's fixed now though. 👍

Anyway, I'll concede your main stand frontage looks nice and if you ever get a 4th stand it'll be a lovely venue. But as for the rest? Nah.

Theres excellent raised view areas for disabled fans in the south stand  and I'm  not sure many teams with an artificial pitch has undersoil heating.  You can pretend the shed opposite the main stand is a stand as much as you want but let's face it it's a cheapo alternative to actually building a proper stand.  Better turning it back into terracing  And I must apologise it was actually the Norrie stand that was flooded due to burst pipes a few years ago. Surprised at that in a new build mind you.  As for the elements I was sitting ten rows back in the main stand last night and didn't suffer any issues from that at all. But cold but then it was a bloody cold night.  Anyway the stadium debate was as usual started by some pars fans obsessions on here with our fourth stand. I'd much rather talk about football 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Both teams must be doing pretty well if it's came to this. 

To end this though, EEP has Sammy the Tammy, I'm not sure what mascot cuts about at TFS but Sammy would twist his head clean aff. 

Is he not just a sad twat in a costume like every other mascot?

Edited by Shodwall cat

19 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

East end park is like a shite version of Starks Park, but with different coloured seats. 

Let’s be fair nowhere is a shite version of Starks Park.

Just not possible.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Does any FFC fan actually care about us not having a fourth stand? It used to bother me years ago but if we were to mirror the main stand it would end up making the fans more spread out and kill the atmosphere. Seems to only bother weirdos from other supports. The stadium was rocking last night and that was due to a good home crowd and a very good away crowd.

Suppose we could build a stand then just not open it up and that would stop all the moaning...