The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Plus the split of the semi final pooled money together minus costs for thr SFA. 

So that'll include about 200 lunches at £50 a head to start with plus transport to come off the Clubs' share. 

43 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Agreed. As HK said its not just about the fans, its about the players, and their families, this might be the only chance that many get to play at Hampden. Even McGinn was saying in his post match interview he didn't expect to play there again when he joined 3rd tier Falkirk. I will probably bring along people to the game that wouldnt go to Tynecastle but will because its hampden.

Re the 1/4 split of the gate receipts, if its 50,000 fans plus 10,000 x £20 per head (very conservative) that's £300,000 just in quarter final gate receipts alone. And that's assuming we go out at the semi.

Has anyone done the full maths on what this means for totals this year re the cup run, (total prize monies, TV money, gate receipts etc) its really adding up. In addition isn't there un accounted revenue as a result of big gates in the play offs? Would be interesting to see the numbers versus the £400K starting gap next year, I assume its closed already and way exceeded?

Semi-Final ;

gate receipts

70,000 x £20 x 25% = £350k

prize money

£175,000

tv money

£60,000

*Gross Income £585,000

*less SFA expenses

Edited by bothkennarbairn

I always used to he an advocate of moving these games to the likes of Tynecastle for atmosphere but the older I get the more I sympathise with the players. They must be buzzing at the thought of a televised Hampden Semi and rightly so. The further down the leagues you go, the more you see what it means to these guys. It's not routine, for many it will be the one and only. Think we need to let them have it. 

Didn’t we take 12k to the Pars game in 2009 or am I completely imagining that? Probably am tbf. Still, with the novelty value/unexpected nature of us getting there given where we were a few months ago, I think that 10-12k could be doable if marketed properly.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 minutes ago, bothkennarbairn said:

Semi-Final ;

gate receipts

prize money

£175,000

tv money

£60,000

Total Income = £585,000

You will have costs off the gate receipts 

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Didn’t we take 12k to the Pars game in 2009 or am I completely imagining that? Probably am tbf. Still, with the novelty value/unexpected nature of us getting there given where we were a few months ago, I think that 10-12k could be doable if marketed properly.

I think it was around that yes. We had more at the semi than the final that year weirdly. Or not seeing as we were playing Rangers.

The crowd v Hibs in 2013 was 6,500 & in 2015 was 5,500.

Personally think we’ll take more to this although assume the SFA will need to price both matches the same and therefore we may see quite a adult high ticket price as they’ll squeeze every pound of the Glasgow pairs game. 

For reference, the prices last year were;

North/South stands - £35/£15

East/West stands - £25/£15

25 minutes ago, bothkennarbairn said:

Semi-Final ;

gate receipts

prize money

£175,000

tv money

£60,000

*Gross Income £585,000

*less SFA expenses

All the gates are pooled and we get one quarter of the income minus costs. We get the one quarter of the Old Firm money minus one quarter of our gate. The OF will be 50,000 and we (guess) will have 10,000 so the total income from gate alone is equivalent to 15,000 tickets minus the costs. 

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I always used to he an advocate of moving these games to the likes of Tynecastle for atmosphere but the older I get the more I sympathise with the players. They must be buzzing at the thought of a televised Hampden Semi and rightly so. The further down the leagues you go, the more you see what it means to these guys. It's not routine, for many it will be the one and only. Think we need to let them have it. 

I would normally say the same would make perfect sense but getting the chance to take my daughter to hampden is something I didn’t imagine doing for a number of years.

First League One club since 2006 to make the semis (not counting the Govan mob) and a chance to play at the national stadium. Couldn’t give a f**k if it’s half empty, it’s a day out and an experience for the fans and players alike 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

I think as well the fact it’s ICT will attract a better crowd from us and Caley. People will take kids who they may not have if we were facing either of the ugly sisters. It will be a better atmosphere with none of the bile associated with the arse cheeks.

Great couple of days and needed after our fife result.

Not knowing exact amount we will make from the cup run, but if the posts are close to the figures, I’m sure next seasons deficit should be nothing like the anticipated 400K. 

Hope the players use last nights platform to absolutely smash the last quarter of league games. You never know what might happen…

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Even guys like Blain Rowe, who only came up here for a few months loan, what an opportunity for him, he probably thought coming to a backwater 3rd tier Scottish outfit was a step back in his career, but how many of his Coventry team mates will get to play at the National Stadium in a semi final?

Reminds me a bit of Will Vaulks and Luke Leahy a few years back, if you asked them now they would probably still stay playing at Hampden was a career highlight.

Looking at the games we've still to play before the end of the season. Obviously the game v Edinburgh on 29th April will be postponed but would we have to play it before the Peterhead game on 6th May? Is there scope to play the Edinburgh game after the Peterhead game or could the Edinburgh game be brought forward bearing in mind we still have the Montrose game to play? 

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

We have an opportunity to get a big crowd through to Glasgow & possibly bigger than ICT due to the likely KO time. I think a target of 10,000 is doable (more would be amazing) and would be some sight for the players. 

Inverness will take 3000 max . It's a semi final not a final and them having won it there's no novelty value for them. They could only muster  about 2000 at the quarter final at home.  We should have more than double what they have comfortably.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Good bit of it is offset by the TV fee if anything it should add more into the coffers.

Unbudgeted bonus for the club and could not have come at a better time. 

I listened to the podcast with the directors this morning. Interesting take on the stadium and certainly contradicts most if not all your views  

Edited by Back Post Misses

36 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Looking at the games we've still to play before the end of the season. Obviously the game v Edinburgh on 29th April will be postponed but would we have to play it before the Peterhead game on 6th May? Is there scope to play the Edinburgh game after the Peterhead game or could the Edinburgh game be brought forward bearing in mind we still have the Montrose game to play? 

It will be brought forward. Every game must start together in the last round of fixtures. Only other option would be playing it 3/4 days after the semi.