The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Well done to Falkirk,

Shakey first half hour but then started playing the better football.

Your keeper had a brilliant game making some crucial stops and, worthy winners in my opinion.

Hope you go on ,and beat Caley and show the pundits and football fraternity that there ARE some good teams in the lower leagues.

I have no idea why you play so terribly badly against us..it's most bizarre.

Anyway good luck at Hampden and enjoy your day out :) 

We may have given you a better game if we'd started with a similar team to last night to be honest.  We looked far more assured at set pieces with Mackay and Henderson on the park than we did last Tuesday. Not sure why certainly Henderson didn't start that game.

On 12/03/2023 at 19:56, FFC1965 said:

I see that the SPFL https://spfl.co.uk/pages/key-dates doesn't yet show our playoff dates.  

I'm assuming that they will run like previous years ie start the midweek immediately after the final fixtures therefore...... 

Semis on 9/10 & 13/14 May (we'll be Away 1st if we finish 2nd)

Final on 16/17 and 20/21 May (we'll be home 1st if we get through and play Championship 9th place - vice versa if its the team that finished 4th in L1)

I see Arbroath's last two home games are Cove (34th game) then Hamilton on the final day.    

My only playoff wish is that Airdrie don't feature  

Following on from these dates, getting the diary sorted out:

Scottish Cup Semi-Final 29/30 April, most likely will be the Saturday for the BBC, Viaplay will want the Filth for Sunday

Scottish Cup Final 3rd June 🙏

Edited by superandy_07
Wrong date

56 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Congratulations, watched the first half last night then fell asleep so forgot about it till earlier, had a good couple chances the first half but just couldn't put them away.

Also another bonus avoiding the Old Firm making the final a real possibility, good luck to you guys. 

How much money will you have netted from this cup run so far and how much will be added if you make the final?

You get your prize money when you exit the competition. If falkirk lose in the semi they will get 177k and 60k in TV money plua 24k for each of the two games that was on tv from darvel and Ayr but they will have gate splits from throughout the competition to add on

Edited by searchers1963

28 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We may have given you a better game if we'd started with a similar team to last night to be honest.  We looked far more assured at set pieces with Mackay and Henderson on the park than we did last Tuesday. Not sure why certainly Henderson didn't start that game.

Henderson had been unwell and had a series of knocks in recent matches which made it easy to start wee Max against the Pars.

To be fair, no one really questioned it at the time.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Henderson had been unwell and had a series of knocks in recent matches which made it easy to start wee Max against the Pars.

To be fair, no one really questioned it at the time.

I wouldve still started max like last night but Henderson's physicality was badly needed in that game. 

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

What a buzz. Was 12 the last time we were at Hampden and don't really remember it. The day out in Glasgow will be incredible. Everyone on the earliest train aren't we? The display came off better than we had imagined, so pleased about that. Time for revenge against ICT, then one of the arsecheeks in the final (Preferably Rangers, serial bottlers). We couldn't, could we?

Not shiteing it

21 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

You get your prize money when you exit the competition. If falkirk lose in the semi they will get 177k and 60k in TV money plua 24k for each of the two games that was on tv from darvel and Ayr but they will have gate splits from throughout the competition to add on

Plus the split of the semi final pooled money together minus costs for thr SFA. 

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

So worse case would be £285K, plus a quarter split of two semis say gates of 50&20K. Potential 17/18K fans at £30/Head ?

I reckon you'll be lucky to get 15k for our game unfortunately. There was about 17k in 2009 and ICT won't bring anywhere near what Dunfermline did.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I reckon you'll be lucky to get 15k for our game unfortunately. There was about 17k in 2009 and ICT won't bring anywhere near what Dunfermline did.

A game suited to Tynecastle 

16 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Has to be Hampden for me 

Agreed. As HK said its not just about the fans, its about the players, and their families, this might be the only chance that many get to play at Hampden. Even McGinn was saying in his post match interview he didn't expect to play there again when he joined 3rd tier Falkirk. I will probably bring along people to the game that wouldnt go to Tynecastle but will because its hampden.

Re the 1/4 split of the gate receipts, if its 50,000 fans plus 10,000 x £20 per head (very conservative) that's £300,000 just in quarter final gate receipts alone. And that's assuming we go out at the semi.

Has anyone done the full maths on what this means for totals this year re the cup run, (total prize monies, TV money, gate receipts etc) its really adding up. In addition isn't there un accounted revenue as a result of big gates in the play offs? Would be interesting to see the numbers versus the £400K starting gap next year, I assume its closed already and way exceeded?

Edited by bridge of allan bairn