The Falkirk FC Thread

Not at all sure where these we didn’t play that well posts are coming from.

We we’re by far the better team for all but around 20 minutes and Ayr’s only threat came from their excellent centre forward.

Only one team played good football and they were in the navy blue.

Just a comment re atmosphere. The place was buzzing last night. Just goes to show what a near full house and winning team can do. . Yep it would be better with the corners filled in and a 4th side….but it’s not as bad as some make out. Roll on Hampden and revenge! 

9 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not at all sure where these we didn’t play that well posts are coming from.

We we’re by far the better team for all but around 20 minutes and Ayr’s only threat came from their excellent centre forward.

Only one team played good football and they were in the navy blue.

I think football wise we can actually play better but for all round getting stuck in , battling and organisation we were brilliant.  There was nobody you can say didn't put in a real shift.  Wright to me looks like he really needs a partner up top with him to get a bit more out of him. Rowe had a torrid first 20 mins but then was excellent from then on in. Mackay won everything in the air . Donaldson had an excellent game too. The penalty was possibly the only time all night we didn't deal with a high ball into the box . Even TV didn't really give you a great view of it but he seemed to know himself he'd made a mistake.. That being said I thought the ref was pretty decent . Night and day between top flight refs and the Muppets in league one.   Roll on Inverness but we can't take our eyes off the ball now the bread and butter is queen's this weekend and 3 points.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Aswell as for myself and everyone else who has suffered the post Houston era, I can't believe how happy I am for my wee lassie who comes to games with me. She's about to find out what football CAN be like, that you don't need to support a bigot twin to have big days out.

We've all been lucky enough to have had a no bad amount of cup runs for a Diddy team, but for some like her, just starting her fan journey, this is going to be enormous. This is what gets us hooked. What a fucking moment it will be, supplied by John McGlynn and the most likeable bunch of players in years. 

Likewise, I am absolutely delighted to have the opportunity to take my son to Hampden for the semi. He has only started coming to games this season and has only seen us lose twice. Sadly we couldn't be there last night due to illness but he would have loved the display before the game and the celebrations afterwards. My nephew has said he'd like to go to Hampden as well so if that stops him supporting either of the arsecheeks (he has said previously he wants to go to Ibrox) then that last night will hopefully go some way. 

I'm also happy for my cousin who celebrated his 50th birthday yesterday. He has been taking his youngest daughter to games since the Hartley era, all she has known is misery, I hope that victory shows that it's possible to have highs while being a provincial club. 

Ayr are a weird team.  Yes, they're above us in the league but we beat them 10 days ago in what was a game much like last night.  They scored early then we took over and beat them.  They haven't beaten us for a couple of years actually.  They have the best player in the league, and not much else.  Without Akinyemi they'd be comfortably bottom half.  We're finally starting to get our starting 11 back from long term injury.  We've still got 2 guaranteed starters out since last season although I've heard one may be back in training soon.

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Aswell as for myself and everyone else who has suffered the post Houston era, I can't believe how happy I am for my wee lassie who comes to games with me. She's about to find out what football CAN be like, that you don't need to support a bigot twin to have big days out.

We've all been lucky enough to have had a no bad amount of cup runs for a Diddy team, but for some like her, just starting her fan journey, this is going to be enormous. This is what gets us hooked. ... 

This. 

I wasn't sure if my 8-yo son was getting the 'Falkirk bug' as his support has coincided with our biggest slump in my lifetime. It's been a tough sell some Saturdays and my tales of yesteryear can't do justice to that feeling, whether it's '97, '98 or Hearts at Brockville/Hibs and so on. 

However, last night with the buzz and noise - and THIS TEAM - I've finally saw it. Amarillo all the way home in the car and he was high-as-a-kite going to bed. Same again this morning watching the highlights and off to school talking non-stop about it 😊

For him this is all new and I should try and keep him grounded based on bitter experience but I'm not going to! 

Nights like last night and days to come are, for me, what it is to be a Falkirk Bairn and nobody can tell me any different 😍

What a buzz. Was 12 the last time we were at Hampden and don't really remember it. The day out in Glasgow will be incredible. Everyone on the earliest train aren't we? The display came off better than we had imagined, so pleased about that. Time for revenge against ICT, then one of the arsecheeks in the final (Preferably Rangers, serial bottlers). We couldn't, could we?

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ayr are a weird team.  Yes, they're above us in the league but we beat them 10 days ago in what was a game much like last night.  They scored early then we took over and beat them.  They haven't beaten us for a couple of years actually.  They have the best player in the league, and not much else.  Without Akinyemi they'd be comfortably bottom half.  We're finally starting to get our starting 11 back from long term injury.  We've still got 2 guaranteed starters out since last season although I've heard one may be back in training soon.

They'll bully a few teams I'd expect just by their  physical size. It's clear that bullen has brought the need to start with a team of 6 foot plus players from his days in England.  The amount of football they played was certainly minimal though.  Corner plan was simply to hit the ball as high as possible into the box it would appear whilst they continuously missed out the midfield with long lumps up the park.  Teams will get sucked into that when if you get the ball down and play a bit of football they can struggle to match you.

Well done to Falkirk,

Shakey first half hour but then started playing the better football.

Your keeper had a brilliant game making some crucial stops and, worthy winners in my opinion.

Hope you go on ,and beat Caley and show the pundits and football fraternity that there ARE some good teams in the lower leagues.

I have no idea why you play so terribly badly against us..it's most bizarre.

Anyway good luck at Hampden and enjoy your day out :) 

Edited by Fallen Angel
Spelling

9 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

What. A. Night.

Fucking love Falkirk Football Club 💙

Yeah you looked as though you were having a great time when the cameras panned to you during the game 😃

Surely that atmosphere will help converting that jambo or is that a work in progress?

I was really worried after the first 20-minutes, Rowe couldn’t cope with any of the long balls coming to him and Ayr seemed to be targeting that. We sat far too deep first half as well. 
second half was brilliant and we showed a lot of quality and outplayed them.

Congratulations, watched the first half last night then fell asleep so forgot about it till earlier, had a good couple chances the first half but just couldn't put them away.

Also another bonus avoiding the Old Firm making the final a real possibility, good luck to you guys. 

How much money will you have netted from this cup run so far and how much will be added if you make the final?

42 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

They'll bully a few teams I'd expect just by their  physical size. It's clear that bullen has brought the need to start with a team of 6 foot plus players from his days in England.  The amount of football they played was certainly minimal though.  Corner plan was simply to hit the ball as high as possible into the box it would appear whilst they continuously missed out the midfield with long lumps up the park.  Teams will get sucked into that when if you get the ball down and play a bit of football they can struggle to match you.

I was absolutely convinced they would bully us all over the park. Thing is, Bullen clearly hadn’t done his homework. How many times have we seen our midfield evaporate, and not offer up much in the way of protection to the back three or back four?
Ayr kept on pinging long balls up the park, so their midfield didn’t really have much of a say in things, and that was a huge bonus for us, and a huge tactical blunder by them.

In Akinyeme, they have a huge talent (in terms of the Scottish lower leagues). Why they chose to provide him with zero service is something only Bullen can explain.