The Falkirk FC Thread

After the horror show of the past 4 seasons I honestly never thought I’d see us playing at Hampden in a cup semi again. Massive credit to the board, management team and players who have us all believing again.

Thought the crowd was excellent and got right behind the team tonight. Still think we need a drum though 😜

COYB

First 30 mins was a continuation from last Tuesday, we were rotten. Once we got going there was only one team winning that backed by an excellent support (where were all these voices last Tuesday?)

MOTM... Henderson, Mccann, Mcginn, Morrison, Max or even Kennedy ?

Mathew Wright, by the way, is shite...

Pretty refreshing too for a fair few fans from other clubs coming on here and offering their congratulations instead of some of the usual pish you get (just leave all that shite to the old firm Scum)

On the subject of the Old Firm...Hugh Keevins after that nonsense you were spouting the other day, "get yer self to f**k.

Guest Brockvillenomore
20 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think they said around £250k on the Falkirk fc podcast that came out earlier. 

They were also saying there would be a £400k budget cut next season unless FSS and Falkirk forever sign ups increase. Hopefully that is now off the table and subscriptions will increase naturally as I’m not personally convinced threats are the best way to do that.

Threats? You’re havering, as per usual. I didn’t hear any threats, only a reality of our situation and a board not wanting to play fast and loose with the future of the club. Even on a night like this you want to advance your pathetic agenda. 

1 minute ago, alonso said:

First 30 mins was a continuation from last Tuesday, we were rotten. Once we got going there was only one team winning that backed by an excellent support (where were all these voices last Tuesday?)

MOTM... Henderson, Mccann, Mcginn, Morrison, Max or even Kennedy ?

Mathew Wright, by the way, is shite...

Pretty refreshing too for a fair few fans from other clubs coming on here and offering their congratulations instead of some of the usual pish you get (just leave all that shite to the old firm Scum)

On the subject of the Old Firm...Hugh Keevins after that nonsense you were spouting the other day, "get yer self to f**k.

We persevered and continued to play football against a team of hammer throwers with an excellent striker. 
Fortune favors the brave !

44 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

After the horror show of the past 4 seasons I honestly never thought I’d see us playing at Hampden in a cup semi again. Massive credit to the board, management team and players who have us all believing again.

Thought the crowd was excellent and got right behind the team tonight. Still think we need a drum though 😜

COYB

Aswell as for myself and everyone else who has suffered the post Houston era, I can't believe how happy I am for my wee lassie who comes to games with me. She's about to find out what football CAN be like, that you don't need to support a bigot twin to have big days out.

We've all been lucky enough to have had a no bad amount of cup runs for a Diddy team, but for some like her, just starting her fan journey, this is going to be enormous. This is what gets us hooked. What a fucking moment it will be, supplied by John McGlynn and the most likeable bunch of players in years. 

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Are there any spaces left on the bus to Hampden?

Who would have dreamt that the above statement would be written on a Falkirk thread at this time last season?

Exactly one year ago yesterday, we lost 4-1 at home to Airdrie as we sat 5th in League One with 37 points from 29 games - for context, we currently have 54 points from 27 games. Only 4 of the 20 players in the squad that day played any part in the game tonight - McKay, Nesbitt, Morrison and McCann. Some turnaround indeed.

Inverness are becoming much like Kilmarnock in the sense that despite not being a local rival, we tend to run into them in a big spot. Off the top of my head we played them in the last game at Brockville (think they were the only team to win at Brockville that season), 2009 relegation decider and 2015 cup final and now the 2023 semi final. 

On 08/03/2023 at 10:41, Balde Bairn said:

It’s relevant because they don’t have the personalities to deal with big pressure games, better players thrive in these games.

😊

Great night. It felt like for the first time in years where we had so many things go for us. Had to navigate a tough opening period but after that it seemed like a matter of time before we scored. Carried a bit of luck as well, which I feel like this group of players deserved. 

Could mention any of our guys to be honest, they all played their part. Love Brad McKay though - what a redemption that man has had. Not Donaldson’s proudest moment although to be fair not totally convinced it was a foul for their penalty. 

Ayr were disappointing (fantastic away support though, one of the best I can remember for many years). Akinyemi looks a nightmare to play against but really outside of him not particularly impressed. I’m very encouraged about our potential chances if it came to playing one of the low end championship teams in a playoff, especially in more of a one-off kind of game. 

Fantastic night, brilliant atmosphere which we need to say a huge thanks to the guys who organised the KM stand.

Ropey first 20 but looked more than comfortable once we started to pass the ball. Didn’t like the positional changes and much better with the substitutions. As mentioned what a turnaround with Brad. Simply outstanding especially as Coll looked decidedly unsure again.

After the last few horrendous years, felt so bloody proud last night.

Hopefully the extra 1200 or so fans that came to cheer us on, attend the four/five home league games which would help the finances for next season.

PS. League play off spot !!!!!

Weird game. Didn't feel like we played that well but also thought we shaded it. Ayr were terrible after that first 25 minutes. Really pish long ball merchants.

Needs to be the last time Wright starts.. he was like playing with 10. Oliver was superb when he can on though..held the ball up and brought us up the park.

Brilliant atmosphere and the display at the start was fantastic. 

Hampden time...again!

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

What a result man.

We showed some resilience for being 1-0 down so quick.

Shouts to Big Brian making that double save in the second half, I thought he was class.

If you told me we'll be heading to Hampden this season in the Scottish Cup back in August, I would've laughed in your face!

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Liam Henderson could have been our MOTM every game since January and it’d be fair. Has to start every time he’s halfway fit 

What set him apart last night from other games was some of his touches and turns under pressure. Some of them were classy as f**k for such a big guy. You'd think he'd been playing there for years.

The change when Gary Oliver came on was night and day from Wright. Oliver is just intelligent as f**k. Not had somebody like him since Bairdy. 

Morrison looked much more natural on the right as opposed to the left. Kennedy links up much better with McCann and causes full backs nightmare. Their interchanging movement is lovely to watch.