The Falkirk FC Thread

13 hours ago, AuAl said:

Somerset Park, Cappielow , Gayfield etc are all valid for the Premiership. 

There are small limitations in that there has to be a certain amount of covered seats for Prem. 500 minimum, I believe. In fact, I'd struggle to think of many clubs in the championship / league 1 that don't meet current requirements for the top flight.

The rules around all seater stadia were abolished at the point where SPFL was formed from the SPL / SFL merger. 

So aye, get some terracing put up on the empty side. Would be class.

If they do build a covered terracing on the empty side of TFS. Can they please ensure the roof is made from rusty corrugated sheeting. This will enable the rest of the crowd to return to the old Brockville crowd pass time of having a good laugh at the crowd under it as they are showered with rust when the ball bounces on the roof. 

It was hilarious as the clouds of rust cascaded down and the reaction in particular the away fans encountering it for the first time.

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is as big a day for the club as I can remember for a long time. 

It is but for some reason I just don't have a buzz for it yet. Maybe because its a Monday or possibly the disappointment of last week is still lingering. 

Hopefully come 5pm that all changes.

12 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

It is but for some reason I just don't have a buzz for it yet. Maybe because its a Monday or possibly the disappointment of last week is still lingering. 

I see it as a free hit really. It's been a bonus getting this far to be honest. I just hope we do ourselves justice tonight unlike Tues. Should be a good open game which should suit us but Ayr are a very decent side so we will need to be on top of our game. 

I’ve watched Ayr a few times on TV this season and on their day, I don’t think we’ll be able to cope with them.

We’ll need to be 100x better than last week and will need Ayr to be below their levels. 

It would be tremendous for the club if we can do it but I’m being realistic about it. I am stunned we’re the bookies favourites.

Re: Atmosphere

Atmosphere is very poor at home games usually and there's not really much we can do about it. There is a core group of people who go everyweek and sit in the top corner of the KM7, and the majority of us find it difficult to get excited for the majority of home games we've had over the last 3/4 years. We're really pushing the boat out tomorrow and we really hope its successful as a lot of time was put into it. Building near enough 2,000 flags is rather time consuming. If we want atmosphere to improve we just simply need more people to get involved. Majority criticise while sitting on their hands. 

Drums - The overwhelming majority of people up in the corner despise the though of drums, so no need to worry about that just yet.

Songs - The idea of there being no original songs is nonsense, just this season (off of the top of my head, probably missing a couple) we've had a song for McGlynn, Rowe, Oliver, Burrell.

The team and the fans feed off of each other, for example if we had won on Tuesday, that away end would've been rocking.

Final note: If everyone in the KM7 gets involved tonight, this display will be a success so please can everyone play their part.

21 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Not getting that buzz that I had even for the Darvel game but tbh that’s when on the pitch we often excel. 

8 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I’ve watched Ayr a few times on TV this season and on their day, I don’t think we’ll be able to cope with them.

We’ll need to be 100x better than last week and will need Ayr to be below their levels. 

It would be tremendous for the club if we can do it but I’m being realistic about it. I am stunned we’re the bookies favourites.

I watched them a few weeks back against QP at Ochilview and they were awful. It all depends what team turns up I suppose.

I'm hoping the weather plays a part. I have no numbers to back it up but I think we tend to do a lot better when conditions are terrible at home. Especially on that pitch, the ball will move faster and passing will be slicker if we keep it on the deck.

If there is an early goal then it could be a cup classic.

5 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Re: Atmosphere

... There is a core group of people who go every week and sit in the top corner of the KM7 ... If we want atmosphere to improve we just simply need more people to get involved. Majority criticise while sitting on their hands. 

Final note: If everyone in the KM7 gets involved tonight, this display will be a success so please can everyone play their part.

Sounds like we need to unofficially designate that area near the end of the KM7 as the section you want to be in if you want to get involved and let it organically grow. Anyone not wishing to sing/chant as much who'd normally sit there can budge up 😉

Good on you and others who've organised this and hope it goes as well as planned 🤗

I and my usual attendees will be along earlier than usual to participate in the display.

Some fantastic token coverage on sky sports news there. Along the wee ticker at the bottom....

"Kucheriavyi and McGuffie pushing for appearances. McGlynn could name unchanged 11". 

Piercing insight, wonder if the bookies are aware of this. 

Edited by Bairnardo

44 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What do we need to do? 

From what I've seen online, there are flags beside each seat. Hold one up.

There is also a banner which will be displayed. If you're in a row where the banner is please hold it as high as you can.

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

From what I've seen online, there are flags beside each seat. Hold one up.

There is also a banner which will be displayed. If you're in a row where the banner is please hold it as high as you can.

... and get there early!

54 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

What do we need to do? 

echoing @Blame Me here, but all you need to do is wave the flag on your seat as the teams come out the tunnel. If you're seated in the upper section of the middle section there will be a banner somewhere to hold up.

Flags are quite big so hoping it will look good for the TV cameras.

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

echoing @Blame Me here, but all you need to do is wave the flag on your seat as the teams come out the tunnel. If you're seated in the upper section of the middle section there will be a banner somewhere to hold up.

Flags are quite big so hoping it will look good for the TV cameras.

Aye I just seen the info on the match day guide. There's 7 of us going tonight, will be there early enough, usually sit just up from the disabled section down from the young team so want to make sure we get our usual seats if it's a sell out. Got some relatives over from America coming along so hope it all goes well, will be sure to do our bit. 

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

I watched them a few weeks back against QP at Ochilview and they were awful. It all depends what team turns up I suppose.

I'm hoping the weather plays a part. I have no numbers to back it up but I think we tend to do a lot better when conditions are terrible at home. Especially on that pitch, the ball will move faster and passing will be slicker if we keep it on the deck.

If there is an early goal then it could be a cup classic.

Feet on the ground for this one. Just look how Dundee saw us off and looked as if they could go up a couple of gears if required.

Our best chance will not be trying to match Ayr on the football skill stakes but want it more in the blood and snotters cup tie it is.

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Feet on the ground for this one. Just look how Dundee saw us off and looked as if they could go up a couple of gears if required.

Our best chance will not be trying to match Ayr on the football skill stakes but want it more in the blood and snotters cup tie it is.

Worth remembering Hetherington started that game, with Brad Mckay at right back. 

59 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Some fantastic token coverage on sky sports news there. Along the wee ticker at the bottom....

"Kucheriavyi and McGuffie pushing for appearances. McGlynn could name unchanged 11". 

Piercing insight, wonder if the bookies are aware of this. 

Compare that to BBC's Scottish Football page - headline; "Who will take the last semi final place?" - its a 45 second video of Govan, Celtic and ITC winning their 1/4 finals. Neither Falkirk or Ayr are included in the footage, neither is there any commentary or written reference to either team! Now that's coverage... 

15 hours ago, FFC1965 said:

Others will know more but briefly

- Local lad (Graeme High iirc) 

- Over 300 appearances https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/profile.php?name=1|1979|Nicol 

- Im sure his dad Harry was involved at the club as a coach ("trainer" in those days) and was a weel kent face too.  I can recall him joining in with a few kickabouts we we used to have as kids at the Bellsmeadow (before they put a HBFO road through it) and we dreamt that he was scouting us.  

- Andy was a long serving super steady full back whose 13 year career spanned our rise from the 3rd tier to 1st.  

- Ive no idea if he left and came back towards the end of his career.  My guess would be that he missed almost every game in 89/90 through injury and returned for a few games in 90/91 before leaving the club in summer 91.  As I said others will definitely know better

Second right, back row, next to Houstie (and er..one Arthur Grant).  Great for us back in the day - dependable, consistent, good tackler, decent pace. Can't remember him having a bad game. Well-deserved recognition! Pretty sure Kenny Dalglish played (for Falkirk) in Andy's testimonial at Brockville. 

19841.jpg

2 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Second right, back row, next to Houstie (and er..one Arthur Grant).  Great for us back in the day - dependable, consistent, good tackler, decent pace. Can't remember him having a bad game. Well-deserved recognition! Pretty sure Kenny Dalglish played (for Falkirk) in Andy's testimonial at Brockville. 

19841.jpg

Yes, I never voted for Nicol in this thing, but am delighted he is getting recognition.

Souness played for Falkirk too in his testimonial. I've got a photo of GS, AN and KD together somewhere.