The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

It’s been too long in the waiting for a 4th stand to have the impact it could’ve had imo. Staring out into the abyss during a humdrum game has scarred me for life!

The Directors have previously stated they are working to a 4 year plan, in the hope of getting us back into the SPL by our 150th anniversary season i.e. season 2026/27. I reckon they would need 5 years in the SPL to allow the profitable 'model' they illustrated at the recent AGM to generate a big enough funding stream to allow them to dust off plans for a fourth stand. Say, a further three years to submit plans, have these signed off by the Planning Dept, issue tender for the construction of the Stand and then have the Stand built? That takes us up to season 2034/35 😧 at the earliest.

Depressing I know but can't see any other route to a new stand. 

Edited by Brockers61

Folk can argue about having drums or not but the simple fact is something has to change at the stadium because it’s like a morgue and it’s not much better away from home. 

If the argument against them is just “they annoy me” then I could say the same about half the shite folk in the stand shout on a Saturday. Pretty selfish attitude as well.

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Folk can argue about having drums or not but the simple fact is something has to change at the stadium because it’s like a morgue and it’s not much better away from home. 

If the argument against them is just “they annoy me” then I could say the same about half the shite folk in the stand shout on a Saturday. Pretty selfish attitude as well.

What is selfish about wanting to watch the game without getting a migraine?

Surely it’s possible to generate atmosphere without the indescribably annoying, self indulgent crap that battering a drum is

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

What is selfish about wanting to watch the game without getting a migraine?

Surely it’s possible to generate atmosphere without the indescribably annoying, self indulgent crap that battering a drum is

I don’t know, maybe it is, but I wouldn’t be against them trying a drum/singing section if there was a group of supporters willing to try it. We saw last weekend how the atmosphere inside the place can lift the players. The support was poor on Tuesday night IMO and generally, it is very quiet which is a shame given the numbers that follow the team.

God forbid we disturb your peace and actually start making noise at games, eh?!

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Totally disagree about the roofs tbh. The design is much nicer architecturally and gives the stadium far more presence than the likes of St Mirren's Lego look. Just needs a 4th stand and Falkirk back in the Premiership to be magnificent 

Who gives a toss about aesthetically pleasing architecture and presence if it's not fit for purpose?

Namely - comfortable for the fans, atmosphere and roofs don't do what roofs do, keep you dry.

27 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I don’t know, maybe it is, but I wouldn’t be against them trying a drum/singing section if there was a group of supporters willing to try it. We saw last weekend how the atmosphere inside the place can lift the players. The support was poor on Tuesday night IMO and generally, it is very quiet which is a shame given the numbers that follow the team.

God forbid we disturb your peace and actually start making noise at games, eh?!

Don’t be a tit.

Would be delighted for the youngsters to make plenty noise during the game just not with a drum.

Self indulgent and a pain in the backside for 90% of the crowd.

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Got to agree about the pisspoor design of the main stand. It's fucking freezing year round and seems to gave been designed for the rain levels of the moon, not earth.

Lack of adequate wind breaks is the problem.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t be a tit.

Would be delighted for the youngsters to make plenty noise during the game just not with a drum.

Self indulgent and a pain in the backside for 90% of the crowd.

So it’s only drums that give you migraines then?

I don’t actually have any strong will for there to be a drum but would just like the place to be noisier and open to ideas to improve it.

3 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Fair enough if you don't like it but hard to deny the impact it has on the young teams. All this talk of improving atmosphere by building new structures but the cheapest way will be to encourage more singing throughout a game without relying on winning.

They can create plenty atmosphere without a b*****d drum 

Edited by Back Post Misses

I’m all for anything to create a bit of atmosphere but then even though I’m 56 I’m still young at heart. Get the electric guitars and horns in too, noisier the better. It’s all they auld b*****ds rustling they werthers originals sweetie wrappers that gets on my tits.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They can create plenty atmosphere with a b*****d drum 

I am assuming you mean without a drum? If not will apologise in advance for the rest. 

There has literally been a pages long discussion about ways to improve the atmosphere at TFS. All I have said is that at other teams grounds their young teams or ultras or whatever you call them maintain an atmosphere across a full 90 minutes. Something that I don't think any of us can say we have done game in, game out. Even when the pars were at TFS I thought there was very little singing. So why not look to what other fans do that we do not without a full construction process? You say we can create atmosphere without a drum? Then why don't we? 

I get some people don't like the drum and that's completely fair if that's your opinion. This really is just me brainstorming what I think could be a cheap and easy way to get more of an atmosphere going in a doable way while also getting the younger ones engaged more. Personally drums have never bothered me asides from when away teams bring them to tfs. The reason I find this annoying is because I have to sit and listen to away songs droning on while we sit quietly.  

10 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I am assuming you mean without a drum? If not will apologise in advance for the rest. 

There has literally been a pages long discussion about ways to improve the atmosphere at TFS. All I have said is that at other teams grounds their young teams or ultras or whatever you call them maintain an atmosphere across a full 90 minutes. Something that I don't think any of us can say we have done game in, game out. Even when the pars were at TFS I thought there was very little singing. So why not look to what other fans do that we do not without a full construction process? You say we can create atmosphere without a drum? Then why don't we? 

I get some people don't like the drum and that's completely fair if that's your opinion. This really is just me brainstorming what I think could be a cheap and easy way to get more of an atmosphere going in a doable way while also getting the younger ones engaged more. Personally drums have never bothered me asides from when away teams bring them to tfs. The reason I find this annoying is because I have to sit and listen to away songs droning on while we sit quietly.  

Oh of course a drum will help. Get it in the sea

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Oh of course a drum will help. Get it in the sea

Mate I've just said I'm brainstorming ideas taking example from other clubs I think do well. If you're not up for a discussion and resort to insults rather than making reasonable disagreements then why are you on a forum? I've literally said I understand if you find it annoying and that's fair enough? Why respond with rubbish like that for just a suggestion of something new/different?

Edited by Jimmy1876

6 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Mate I've just said I'm brainstorming ideas taking example from other clubs I think do well. I've you're not up for a discussion and resort to insults rather than making reasonable disagreements then why are you on a forum? I've literally said I understand if you find it annoying and that's fair enough? Why respond with rubbish like that for just a suggestion of something new/different?

No drum, good old fashioned signing. Usually half a dozen pints help too.  

Edited by Back Post Misses

5 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

There’s been about half a dozen songs sung from start to finish at that stadium since it was built FFS.

That’s another issue, we don’t exactly have loads of songs, hopefully a young team with their drum could come up with some new ones.

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No drum, good old fashioned signing. Usually half a dozen pints help too.  

Think this is what most of us do currently and isn't really working in relation to overall atmosphere even if it is good fun for us, hence the discussion for new ideas