The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, Bairns1994 said:

I like Rayo Vallecanos wall in their stadium.

Not sure if it's some sort of slogan, but that'd be a good idea, something of meaning.

Groundhopping in Madrid: Four games, four stadiums and the quest for a Rayo  Vallecano shirt - The Athletic

Folk in the stand wouldn't be able to see the goals though!

18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm talking about the empty open end part of our stadium where a 4th stand should be, not directly in front of the KM7 stand. 

I just like the idea of Rayo Vallecanos stadium blocking off the area where they can't get a stand.

31 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

How would we get out the KM7 at that corner? Would need to be able to facilitate that and access for emergency vehicles there I think? Some sort of moveable advertising boards would work I suppose instead of blocking it off completely 

Plenty of room down in that corner and there's two exits just now. IF a structure was erected you'd likely be able to still use the exit behind it.

I'll amend my idea and make it double sided and have a massive, Insta-grammable Falkirk Highlander on the back 📸

image.thumb.png.a297174bf1cb497af367d357796c0a4d.png

Edited by Blame Me

34 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

How would we get out the KM7 at that corner? Would need to be able to facilitate that and access for emergency vehicles there I think? Some sort of moveable advertising boards would work I suppose instead of blocking it off completely 

Fairly easy to do, leave enough space under the hoarding for emergency vehicles to access.

19 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

By the sounds of it it's going to be stuff to decorate the interior of the stand. 

Probably means away fans will deface it all tbh 

The original post from the Club re the North Stand wasn't worded particularly well i.e. when they mentioned 'interior' of the stand they actually meant exterior, or the interior of the exterior to be more precise. As far as I can piece together each of the six seating blocks in the North Stand will be named after a 'legend'. The club have signed up six local firms so that each section of the seating comes with a sponsor. Player details and advertising material for the sponsors will be place on the back wall of the stand behind the top row of seats. Not sure what material etc will be used for the display and advertising but presumably strong enough to withstand any vandalism when away fans come visiting.

2 minutes ago, Brockers61 said:

The original post from the Club re the North Stand wasn't worded particularly well i.e. when they mentioned 'interior' of the stand they actually meant exterior, or the interior of the exterior to be more precise. As far as I can piece together each of the six seating blocks in the North Stand will be named after a 'legend'. The club have signed up six local firms so that each section of the seating comes with a sponsor. Player details and advertising material for the sponsors will be place on the back wall of the stand behind the top row of seats. Not sure what material etc will be used for the display and advertising but presumably strong enough to withstand any vandalism when away fans come visiting.

This ^

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Plenty of room down in that corner and there's two exits just now. IF a structure was erected you'd likely be able to still use the exit behind it.

I'll amend my idea and make it double sided and have a massive, Insta-grammable Falkirk Highlander on the back 📸

image.thumb.png.a297174bf1cb497af367d357796c0a4d.png

Easter Road has corners filled with advertising boards. Quick google and found St Mirren fans discussing it. Surely this could easily work in some form for us and allow access. Another possible income from sponsorship.

6BFE3720-030A-481A-ACCB-62794DB0518B.png

9 minutes ago, G-FFC said:

Easter Road has corners filled with advertising boards ...

Lot's of if's but IF we did build it and even IF the Scottish government ban alcohol adverts we could sell it as prime location for, say, a new local tourist attraction IF the distillers wanted to advertise with us 😉

Edited by Blame Me

2 hours ago, Bairns1994 said:

Not sure if it's some sort of slogan, but that'd be a good idea, something of meaning.

Groundhopping in Madrid: Four games, four stadiums and the quest for a Rayo  Vallecano shirt - The Athletic

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

1 hour ago, Bairns1994 said:

I'm talking about the empty open end part of our stadium where a 4th stand should be, not directly in front of the KM7 stand. 

I just like the idea of Rayo Vallecanos stadium blocking off the area where they can't get a stand.

Wooooooooooosh!

3 hours ago, Bairns1994 said:

In all seriousness though, that's not a bad idea. A fairly simple structure would be all that would be needed but it would help enormously in reducing the open feel that the stadium has.