The Falkirk FC Thread

I mind Davie lapsley a few years ago was talking to the bod about sticking large sponsorship boards at the corners to help improve the atmosphere and make some money but I've no idea why it didn't get any further. Always thought it sounded like a decent idea.

2 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Wish I got to go to Brockville :(

Yeah it is a massive shame that a whole load of Falkirk fans will never have experienced brockville as it epitomised what football was all about in these days. I'm not sure whether I'd have the same enthusiasm for the game if I'd been brought up only having experienced the likes of tfs and modern day football.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yeah it is a massive shame that a whole load of Falkirk fans will never have experienced brockville as it epitomised what football was all about in these days. I'm not sure whether I'd have the same enthusiasm for the game if I'd been brought up only having experienced the likes of tfs and modern day football.

This. Blood 'n' snotters football, standing not sitting, jam packed in the Hope Street End, almost all the home fans singing, the standites stomping their feet, kids battering the advertising hoardings and me praying that that hot sensation running down my leg is Bovril.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

This. Blood 'n' snotters football, standing not sitting, jam packed in the Hope Street End, almost all the home fans singing, the standites stomping their feet, kids battering the advertising hoardings and me praying that that hot sensation running down my leg is Bovril.

I loved even  the simple fact you could move about and chat to folk far easier .  

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

There was this, absolutely. The atmosphere was tremendous. I used to take an inflatable banana to games with me and waved it around. The players all signed it when I was a mascot. 

But as a kid one memory I have is the Brockville bogs. Basically pishing against a concrete wall with a very shallow trough. A single bare bulb illuminating the place with all of 20W. Freezing water from the taps. The smell will live with me forever. 

It was a wonderful place. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

There was this, absolutely. The atmosphere was tremendous. I used to take an inflatable banana to games with me and waved it around. The players all signed it when I was a mascot. 

But as a kid one memory I have is the Brockville bogs. Basically pishing against a concrete wall with a very shallow trough. A single bare bulb illuminating the place with all of 20W. Freezing water from the taps. The smell will live with me forever. 

I was just about to mention them 😂 my dad used to lift me over the turnstile then we went straight for the wall of pish as he was loaded up on pints from the Graham hotel. Place was reeking, then him, my uncle and grandpa would stand up next to the wee snack hut and I would stand on my own down at the corner, the smell of a pipe an old boy smoked a few steps up was fantastic, half time I'd go up and check in with the adults and get a Mars bar and head back down, battering on the advertising boards in positive encouragement, hoping for a wave or even eye contact from my heroes. Great days. 

23 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Lightbulb?

45590CCF-D243-48F9-A364-2994C4BC4826.gif

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Front couple of rows in the rear section of the main stand?

Aye and you pay extra for the privilege of a Prime seat.

With regard to the gaps between the stands I don’t understand why the windbreaks on the Main stand are so small and basically useless.

Extending them to near the bottom of the stand would help close in the gaping space and actually provide much better protection from the elements for the vast majority of people who sit in that stand.

Also think the placing of large advertising hoardings between the stands are a great idea.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

13 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Also think the placing of large advertising hoardings between the stands are a great idea.

Agree but selling more advertising is where it might come unstuck. 

Alternatively build it and use it for permanent flags or slogans. Even a contemporary mural/artwork to block off some of the corner space perhaps. 

11 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Agree but selling more advertising is where it might come unstuck. 

Alternatively build it and use it for permanent flags or slogans. Even a contemporary mural/artwork to block off some of the corner space perhaps. 

Remember the Arsenal fans mural when Highbury was being redeveloped?

If we don't use it for advertising, maybe get a fans mural done but sell "faces" on the mural? Pay your dues, send in a photo and you get your fizzog on the mural. Help raise funds for the club.

Controversial Mural Highbury Football Ground Mural Editorial ...

Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If we don't use it for advertising, maybe get a fans mural done but sell "faces" on the mural? Pay your dues, send in a photo and you get your fizzog on the mural. Help raise funds for the club.

minds me of this

Dundee vs St. Mirren - Page 8 - Scottish Premiership General Chatter - Pie  & Bovril

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I like Rayo Vallecanos wall in their stadium.

Not sure if it's some sort of slogan, but that'd be a good idea, something of meaning.

Groundhopping in Madrid: Four games, four stadiums and the quest for a Rayo  Vallecano shirt - The Athletic