The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

That’s very encouraging and welcoming news. 

Semi final revenue is split 4 ways. Two Hampden full houses (if OF are not playing each other) will generate huge revenue for us. Work it out for yourself and then add on the extra prize money too

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Semi final revenue is split 4 ways. Two Hampden full houses (if OF are not playing each other) will generate huge revenue for us. Work it out for yourself and then add on the extra prize money too

With what you are saying the Ayr game is possibly bigger than Tuesday night. We still have an Avenue open to us to rectify Tuesdays defeat, beating Ayr would be massive. 

The crowd have to do their bit and be as noisy as possible. The young team are vocal but there are only a few of us in the Grangemouth end of the South who sing. We need the whole Main and South to be singing on Monday. No point having crowds of 4 thousand plus if the place is like a library.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

With what you are saying the Ayr game is possibly bigger than Tuesday night. We still have an Avenue open to us to rectify Tuesdays defeat, beating Ayr would be massive. 

The crowd have to do their bit and be as noisy as possible. The young team are vocal but there are only a few of us in the Grangemouth end of the South who sing. We need the whole Main and South to be singing on Monday. No point having crowds of 4 thousand plus if the place is like a library.

Fact of the matter is our stadium is shit for creating atmosphere. Dunfermlines Section Northwest is tiny. So things like displays are easy for them. If we were to do a display it has to cover the whole KM7 stand. We're attempting one for Ayr so hopefully it works

20 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Fact of the matter is our stadium is shit for creating atmosphere. Dunfermlines Section Northwest is tiny. So things like displays are easy for them. If we were to do a display it has to cover the whole KM7 stand. We're attempting one for Ayr so hopefully it works

I agree it is difficult as the sound seems to get lost into the vast emptiness of the space where the training pitch is. I thought the Pars fans created a good atmosphere during Novembers game though so hopefully we can do likewise on Monday night. 

37 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

To be honest I thought our support on Tuesday massive as it was generated little atmosphere.

Some diddies singing about dead people but not much else.

30 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

They're not exactly difficult in any stand providing the numbers are there and the communication is spot on. The same guy who does the displays in the North West has done displays in the Norrie and at Falkirk. They were about as simple as you could get but everyone was aware about them beforehand. 

Edit :While not exactly difficult, they are very time consuming for whoever is organising it. 

FB_IMG_1546150132508.jpg.7b3cadda25379543400b9f8b3536dd43.jpg.a10e33af0d7062a21e29857611aaa41f.jpg

_CB_6209_1153.thumb.jpg.184a2832e4e8b6c7ed83252f83b437fb.jpg

Edited by Grant228

16 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They're not exactly difficult in any stand providing the numbers are there and the communication is spot on. The same guy who does the displays in the North West has done displays in the Norrie and at Falkirk. They were about as simple as you could get but everyone was aware about them beforehand. 

Edit :While not exactly difficult, they are very time consuming for whoever is organising it. 

FB_IMG_1546150132508.jpg.7b3cadda25379543400b9f8b3536dd43.jpg.a10e33af0d7062a21e29857611aaa41f.jpg

_CB_6209_1153.thumb.jpg.184a2832e4e8b6c7ed83252f83b437fb.jpg

Our last attempt at a display against you a few years ago was woeful. It was a spur of the moment in reaction to the fans being miffed at the club for allowing the Pars to create the top picture display. It wasn’t well planned and not everyone knew about it.

As you say these things have to be planned and communicated.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Our last attempt at a display against you a few years ago was woeful. It was a spur of the moment in reaction to the fans being miffed at the club for allowing the Pars to create the top picture display. It wasn’t well planned and not everyone knew about it.

As you say these things have to be planned and communicated.

I find it all contrived and a bit boring tbh. Old fashioned singing and certainly no drums 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I find it all contrived and a bit boring tbh. Old fashioned singing and certainly no drums 

I’m older and a bit like you but I’ll buy into anything that creates a bit of atmosphere. Even the pyro and drums. Not that I would be banging the fecker though. 

I love seeing some of the displays the foreign clubs, especially the Italians create.

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I cringe when I see the "ultras" in Scotland. So glad we don't have anything like this. Wee kids in balaclavas with their choreographed pish. 

This sounds like my dearly departed Dad when I first walked into the livingroom in 1977 wearing bondage trousers and a ripped t’shirt covered in safety pins 🤣🤣

I like a bit of smoke and pyro at the games. Darvel was class for that and although it was a shite view, the terracing combined with some pyro built a great atmosphere.

Scottish football is shite for building any atmosphere. You go to Italy or Germany and you're encouraged to make noise and have a few beers, but here you see stewards chasing away young kids celebrating close to the pitch edge, like on Saturday against Peterhead.