The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Thought your one last night was pish though

At least there was an effort. Unusual for the home crowd to be more vocal too.

Falkirk fans made no effort. Silence the whole game, rustling their sweety wrappers for 80 minutes before scuttling home with their tail between their legs. 

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Here is the relevant Rule.

image.png.f4b48f8346ef812ed9c15ebf70a9a8f0.png

It does not specify where it goes; into the general pot I suppose, although it will to all intents and purposes pay for the parachute.

image.thumb.png.5dd8047cd5dbf8dd22ec1f7d7c3e308d.png

What's the rule for Championship playoff?

49 minutes ago, 101 said:

What's the rule for Championship playoff?

I can't see any such provision in the Rulebook. You want p35 onwards.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 14-Oct-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

By the way, the only reference to "Parachute" I can find in there is for clubs being booted out the SPF L to the HL or LL.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I can't see any such provision in the Rulebook. You want p35 onwards.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 14-Oct-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf

By the way, the only reference to "Parachute" I can find in there is for clubs being booted out the SPF L to the HL or LL.

Other than C27 in your first post?

7 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Any statto's able to pull together penalties awarded to us shooting into the North Stand as opposed to the KM (when temp seating hasn't been used)?

Answering my own question and by no means exhaustive - feel free to correct - but I reckon we last had a penalty awarded at the North Stand end in March 2018 v Greenock Morton

Incidentally, it should also be noted that the ref made the award immediately whilst the linesman failed to flag what appears to be an obvious foul.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Answering my own question and by no means exhaustive - feel free to correct - but I reckon we last had a penalty awarded at the North Stand end in March 2018 v Greenock Morton

Incidentally, it should also be noted that the ref made the award immediately whilst the linesman failed to flag what appears to be an obvious foul.

Callumn Morrison missed a penalty at that end against Queen's Park last season

17 minutes ago, Rennieball said:

Callumn Morrison missed a penalty at that end against Queen's Park last season

Thanks for the correction.

2 in roughly 150 games - 3 years apart - does seem low but then we have just gone over a calendar year before our recent award ... at any end, home or away!

Edited by Blame Me

No point crying over spilt milk now. Need to use the injustice of that “goal” as motivation for Monday and beyond. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No point crying over spilt milk now. Need to use the injustice of that “goal” as motivation for Monday and beyond. 

Aye. Yesterday was sare but wee bit more perspective today we still have much to play for.

I was down after Tuesday night but on reflection we are in a much better place than we were this time last year. We have a Scottish Cup quarter final to look forward and we have a good chance in the play offs.

Even if we don’t go up the squad won’t need the massive overhaul it has in the past 4 seasons. McGlynn has proven his worth in the transfer market and has emptied most of our dross to bring in better quality additions.

It will be hard to face another season in League 1 but if it happens we will still be there in numbers. We are Falkirk fans and backing the team is what we do.

The Ayr game gives the players a couple days off, after an incredibly busy few weeks, and the players a couple of days away, time to reset. 
As posted we’re in a far better place than we’ve been for some time, albeit with some hard work till season end. I believe that the play offs are doable for us, but should we not make promotion, I do honestly fear for us next season if we are all honest and being realistic.

We’ve managed a near 0.5M shortfall this season, but we have the same scenario next season before a ball is kicked.
Will the STs & PATG numbers increase? Will the FSS numbers grow in significant numbers?. Will marketing/BOD secure new sponsors? Will the patrons and private helpers continue to dig deep? 

57 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The Ayr game gives the players a couple days off, after an incredibly busy few weeks, and the players a couple of days away, time to reset. 
As posted we’re in a far better place than we’ve been for some time, albeit with some hard work till season end. I believe that the play offs are doable for us, but should we not make promotion, I do honestly fear for us next season if we are all honest and being realistic.

We’ve managed a near 0.5M shortfall this season, but we have the same scenario next season before a ball is kicked.
Will the STs & PATG numbers increase? Will the FSS numbers grow in significant numbers?. Will marketing/BOD secure new sponsors? Will the patrons and private helpers continue to dig deep? 

Hope the players don't go all Kyle Walker on their time off!

16 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

What will the consequences be financially for Falkirk if you fail to go up this year?

Nothing especially if we beat Ayr 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

We won’t have any short fall if we beat Ayr