The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Having watched three different highlights, the ball was not over the line. That swung momentum of the game and it was the wrong call.

Where did you see that ?  Obviously impossible to tell live from far end and it was the linesman that gave the goal. The only thing i'd say, there wasn't a goal like roar until the crowd see the linesman running up the park.  

23 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not that it matters as the majority of our team didn't turn up but I'd have McGinn as our worst player, kept shelling long balls rather than getting the ball down and playing. 

I think his lack of mobility was at the core it. I don’t know if he is carrying an injury, but last four or five games he has looked less and less mobile.

That’s the three games against the Fifers plus the games against Dundee that have shown us to still be some way off it.

The Cup game next week will be a good indicator as to how good (or not) we are. Another performance like last night, and Ayr will comfortably beat us. Even our best next Monday might not be enough.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think his lack of mobility was at the core it. I don’t know if he is carrying an injury, but last four or five games he has looked less and less mobile.

That’s the three games against the Fifers plus the games against Dundee that have shown us to still be some way off it.

The Cup game next week will be a good indicator as to how good (or not) we are. Another performance like last night, and Ayr will comfortably beat us. Even our best next Monday might not be enough.

Having watched the game as a neutral McGinn looked as if he was towing a caravan!

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Can you post links to the 3 highlights please? I was behind the goal & it looked tight but my cousin was in the main stand in line with the goal line & said it was definitely over the line.

Yeah I'd like to see those highlights as well. I think the lack of protest from our players suggests it was probably over. Highlights are fine when they can be paused to suit, the assistant has to make that call live 

4 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Yeah I'd like to see those highlights as well. I think the lack of protest from our players suggests it was probably over. Highlights are fine when they can be paused to suit, the assistant has to make that call live 

And even if it wasn't given, the 1st goal was coming soon after - defensively we don't quite have that mentality yet. 

4 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

To be fair we did end up convincing winners but I've been to enough games to know that goals change games. That was a header from a corner that should've been saved/blocked by either keeper or defender. The less said about the 2nd goal the better, just poor all round from Falkirk. We did have 4 or 5 other good chances in that 2nd half but the keeper and the post did enough. So it really took 2 poor defensive mistakes to win the game. 

That second goal stings, that pass back to Kinnear was mental from Morrison. Mackie shouldn't have started IMO, needed Mckay in there for his physical presence. Should never have been outjumped by KRH. McGlynn never changed a winning side before last night and when he does thats what happens. Henderson should never have been dropped

57 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Having watched three different highlights, the ball was not over the line. That swung momentum of the game and it was the wrong call.

A couple Dunfermline fans I know who were directly behind the goal said they weren't convinced, but was hard to tell either way. I reckon Kinnear's reaction, or lack of reaction, tells a story.

Happy to join the anti-Falkirk SFA conspiracy though. If just to direct my tears somewhere.

18 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I think the lack of protest from our players suggests it was probably over

All of our players are wagging their finger at the ref to suggest it didn't in the highlights I've seen. 

It's inconclusive and the best angle I've seen from a Pars fan account is obscured at the precise moment due to  those damned NW section supporters erupting to claim it! 

Edited by Blame Me
typos

A bit of realism....although hard to take. Dunfermline are where they are on merit.

However, the league was not won or lost just on last nights performance (albeit, we never turned up).

Our form in the first quarter and a bit of the season is what has cost us the league. Losing to Kelty twice, drawing with Clyde, drawing with Airdrie / Montrose at our place (not to mention losing a late goal to Alloa a few weeks back) have all cost us points. If yer Auntie had baws and all that!

All is not lost and hopefully we can get the wheels back on the wagon on Monday night. However, a few who didnt turn up last night need to be a lot better. The cash from a cup semi is hugely important to the club and a win might just give us the momentum back that we will need for the Playoffs.

It would also be good to give The Pars a doing at our place in a few weeks time........  

I was at the back of the Norrie. Had no idea if it was over.

If it wasn't given I wouldn't have protested. Too hard to tell but the lines man had the best view. 

Edited by Stoo61

11 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

That second goal stings, that pass back to Kinnear was mental from Morrison. Mackie shouldn't have started IMO, needed Mckay in there for his physical presence. Should never have been outjumped by KRH. McGlynn never changed a winning side before last night and when he does thats what happens. Henderson should never have been dropped

Obviously at the other end of the pitch, but why did McGlynn wait until 70+ to bring on McGuffie, if I had scored a hatrick the previous week I would have been demanding a start 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Obviously at the other end of the pitch, but why did McGlynn wait until 70+ to bring on McGuffie, if I had scored a hatrick the previous week I would have been demanding a start 

I'd have had him on earlier for Kennedy. Was obvious by then that Kennedy had ran out of ideas and hitting the byline was playing into your hands.

51 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Having “personality” doesn’t stop you from getting gubbed. We haven’t lost these games because of lack of personality, we lost because we’ve been outplayed. 

So we agree they’re not good enough players to contend for a third tier title? 

11 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

So we agree they’re not good enough players to contend for a third tier title? 

We can agree Dunfermline are better than us and deserved to win last night and will win the league, so sure I guess we can agree on that. 

All I’m saying is making points about being grateful about playing in front of a good crowd and suggesting the team don’t have any personality because they were beaten by a better team is a bit of knee-jerk reaction. 

Clearly a hugely disappointing result and performance last night but in my view the league was lost before Christmas.

We had won less than half of our league games at that stage, which made the rest of the season an uphill struggle. Imo we were too late in moving on some of the deadwood.

In any event, playoffs it is and personally I’m not confident that a number of players won’t disappear if we face a battle.

38 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

However, the league was not won or lost just on last nights performance (albeit, we never turned up).

Yes it was.

I mean literally reverse the results of the last two games against Dunfermline and we'd be four points clear at the top instead of eight points behind.

That's the weight and importance of games against a direct rival. The "aye, but two league defeats since November" argument being banded about is utterly ludicrous when used without any context. And the context is that these two defeats alone have directly resulted in a 12-point swing. That's the importance and weight of such games. Our failure to show up in either has cost us any opportunity of automatic promotion. An inconvenient truth for many amongst our support, but the truth nonetheless.

51 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Said a few months back that McGinn looked in certain games a spent player, and maybe time had simply caught up, albeit still capable of a decent 60mins depending on the calibre of the opposition. Last night we also had a few others, Donaldson Morrison Nesbitt McCann who for some unknown reason, decided to turn in poor performances. Hopefully this was just a bad day at the races…….

1 hour ago, Fallen Angel said:

Facts speak for themselves...

Dunfermline have Won nine and drawn three games since the beginning of December.

In the same time Falkirk have, now, Won nine, drawn two and lost one.

So in 12 games you have gained a whole MINUS one point on Dunfermline. Barring a stunning collapse over the last 9 games...In which Dundermline are unbeaten at home and have the best away record in the league and now 16 clean sheets in 27 league games... i'd say it's asking too much.

Falkirk really had to win last night (a draw might even have made it interesting)...but once again the most attacking free flowing team in the league (not my words) were easily out fought and out witted by Dunfermline....

Good luck in the cup as I know that money is tight at Grangemouth just now and I do love the "Kincardine Derby" days...

“Facts speak for themselves”? This isn’t a science experiment we’re talking about here, it’s sport!

My main message in the posts I’ve put up this morning is it’s not over. At no point have I put a strong case for us pipping you, other than to say if we take care of of our business we have a slim chance of taking it to the last game. 

As a clear example, we were looking out of sight in 2018/19 to escape relegation and took it to the last game and even won that game (I know, I know, we got relegated on goal difference, but we actually clawed back a lot of points). 

To emphasise - slim chance, long shot, call it what you want. It’s not over.