The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm really surprised by this score tonight. I thought having seen both teams in recent weeks against us that Falkirk were far more the most dangerous team. Wasn't impressed at all by dunfermline. Strange game at times this fitbaw malarkey. Apologies for some of my fellow fans on here rubbing it in, maybe they feel aggrieved at some comments after our most recent fame who knows. There's idiots follow most teams. 

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah. There’s just that nagging doubt that once the play offs are on the horizon and get tagged as “big games”, we do our “big game” thing and blow it.

I guess we will find out on Monday night's "big game" which is essentially a free hit kinda. 

1 minute ago, Diamond diehard said:

I'm really surprised by this score tonight. I thought having seen both teams in recent weeks against us that Falkirk were far more the most dangerous team. Wasn't impressed at all by dunfermline. Strange game at times this fitbaw malarkey. Apologies for some of my fellow fans on here rubbing it in, maybe they feel aggrieved at some comments after our most recent fame who knows. There's idiots follow most teams. 

Sadly there is that. I don’t go on any other teams threads and dish it out when they get beat, we seem to attract lots on here from all sorts of clubs. I suppose if it keeps the kids happy.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Just want to add

"f**k you Falkirk we're going to win the league"

Is such a good chant.

f**k me, another needy twat wanting 15 seconds of fame on the Falkirk thread.

6 minutes ago, 101 said:

Just want to add

"f**k you Falkirk we're going to win the league"

Is such a good chant.

Fair fucks we would have been giving it plenty if the boot was on the other foot. It will take a monumental arse collapse to not win the league now. 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

PnB isn't really for you, is it? 

Grant, is this your attempt at being an adult? You know you can’t keep it going for more than 3 posts, so why bother?

First half we were slightly the better team. They didn’t trouble us once apart from one shot that hit the base of the post. The second half they totally bossed. However as much as they were much better than us, it’s another set piece goal that’s broke the deadlock. Brian who had a decent game came out didn’t get the ball and Burrell couldn’t keep it out. I think the worst thing for us was taking Oliver off. His hold up play was very good, buying fouls, great touches etc. Tonight showed why Burrell isn’t starting as nothing stuck with him. Leon McCann should have been hooked too as he was roasted first half. They are very “streetwise”. They are outstandingly organised and a threat from set pieces. That’s the difference. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Grant, is this your attempt at being an adult? You know you can’t keep it going for more than 3 posts, so why bother?

I see you're acting like a massive child. And I personally am a humongous fan. Keep going salty wan.

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

f**k me, another needy twat wanting 15 seconds of fame on the Falkirk thread.

Genuinely thought I was in the match thread, I'll leave you to lick your wounds.

Disappointing BUT first bad result since November.  Compare that with previous seasons.  We're not there yet but McGlynn has improved us no end.  I've supported Falkirk for 55 years now.  If I was after glory hunting I wouldn't have.  Like I joke sometimes, supporting Falkirk has taught me valuable life lessons, how to cope with pain and disappointment.   Pick ourselves up and go again next game.  That's how it's been since 1876.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

6 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Disappointing BUT first bad result since November.  Compare that with previous seasons.  We're not there yet but McGlynn has improved us no end.  I've supported Falkirk for 55 years now.  If I was after glory hunting I wouldn't have.  Like I joke sometimes, supporting Falkirk has taught me valuable life lessons, how to cope with pain and disappointment.   Pick ourselves up and go again next game.  That's how it's been since 1876 and will be the case in 2066.

Balanced & right perspective after the disappointment this evening 

8 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Disappointing BUT first bad result since November.  

The problem being that that bad result in November also happened to be an important game in front of a large crowd against our biggest rival. Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing coincidental about that. These are the type of the games that make and break title challenges. In three promotion seasons under Jefferies (2) and McCall we lost 1 out of 14 against a direct title rival. We simply do not win these games any more. It's perfectly legitimate to be pleased with the progress and improvement made this season whilst simultaneously pissed off with our never-ending and all too predictable no shows in the games that really matter. I've lost count of how many times this happens, but basically every time.

Circumstances leading into this game could not have been any better really - good run of form, confidence high, genuine strength in depth and options available on the bench. Yet we never laid a glove on them. Again. That's concerning, especially in light of another high-pressure game on the horizon on Monday. We really could do with finding some bottle and quickly.