The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Brockvillenomore
27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He left his son in charge, who stepped back a few years ago and is leaving the club leaderless this Summer because hes had enough.

The clubs seemingly been up for sale for years because none of the Brown family are interested in running it now. Geoff is back in charge this Summer but at his age its uncertain how much input he'll actually put in.

Any chance of fan ownership? 

Been mulling over tonight match and trying to switch off my fan fear. I'm absolutely shitting bricks, but objectively, the improvement since January has put us head and shoulder above everyone in this league. Winning away to Airdrie went a long way to quelling any fear that the old weaknesses were still there.

With that in mind, despite the Pars being the only unknown quantity post Window for us, theres no reason why the players and staff won't feel confident going in .

I had also mulled a potential McGlynn brain fart, but barring a massive formation change its basically impossible to do. Almost all of the subs could make a c. ase for starting

18 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dont know which game is bigger.  Win tomorrow and it makes the run in exciting. Win next Monday and it is big money as the chance of a semi final against one of the bigots is odds on.

If we get through we want to avoid the bigots as we get the same money no matter who we play. The two Semi gates are combined and then a quarter goes to each side minus expenses. We get c. £20K tv money as well (based on last year's figures). 

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Been mulling over tonight match and trying to switch off my fan fear. I'm absolutely shitting bricks, but objectively, the improvement since January has put us head and shoulder above everyone in this league. Winning away to Airdrie went a long way to quelling any fear that the old weaknesses were still there.

With that in mind, despite the Pars being the only unknown quantity post Window for us, theres no reason why the players and staff won't feel confident going in .

I had also mulled a potential McGlynn brain fart, but barring a massive formation change its basically impossible to do. Almost all of the subs could make a c. ase for starting

Shitein it

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Be afraid, be very afraid. JMcG has a nasty habit of trying surprise tactical adjustments in the second half of the season, and probably less than 30% of them work. Even worse is the fact the third match was his most often used for an “idea”, and with you having lost last time, he might just try something.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Be afraid, be very afraid. JMcG has a nasty habit of trying surprise tactical adjustments in the second half of the season, and probably less than 30% of them work. Even worse is the fact the third match was his most often used for an “idea”, and with you having lost last time, he might just try something.

He won't, for the reasons I outlined. Our shape works

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Well he seems to have learned given its now March and he’s changed a winning team a grand total of zero times, tinkered once all season, and is unbeaten since November. 

Edited by bairn88

Just now, Bairnardo said:

He won't, for the reasons I outlined. Our shape works

For your sake, I hope you’re right…but it didn’t stop him at Raith. Doing well at the halfway point, and still tempted to meddle…just saying.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

For your sake, I hope you’re right…but it didn’t stop him at Raith. Doing well at the halfway point, and still tempted to meddle…just saying.

But like I said, there are options in middle to front from the bench that some would argue are an upgrade on the starters. Kucheriavyi and Burrell chief among them. He almost can't get it wrong if he wanted to. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

But like I said, there are options in middle to front from the bench that some would argue are an upgrade on the starters. Kucheriavyi and Burrell chief among them. He almost can't get it wrong if he wanted to. 

It’ll be a fun match regardless…certainly would rather see your mob rather than our noisy neighbours next year, but both looks likely.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He left his son in charge, who stepped back a few years ago and is leaving the club leaderless this Summer because hes had enough.

The clubs seemingly been up for sale for years because none of the Brown family are interested in running it now. Geoff is back in charge this Summer but at his age its uncertain how much input he'll actually put in.

Brown has been a godsend to the club my goodness he got so many big calls right and very few bad ones.

Thou sacking Alex Totten was a strange one. Never could figure out the reasoning on that one.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Brown has been a godsend to the club my goodness he got so many big calls right and very few bad ones.

Thou sacking Alex Totten was a strange one. Never could figure out the reasoning on that one.

Was before my time but dread to think where we'd be without the Browns being in charge. Totten stuff before my time too so cant comment on that.

Genuinely terrifying thinking of where we go without them in charge.

2 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Ah Lolkirk. 

The gift that keeps on giving. 

What the f**k is this pish? You’re aware of how many points we are ahead of your mob?