The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Patch said:

Apologies for bringing this up again but as some may be aware the chap who allegedly took the "famous" Calvine photo has now been named as a Kevin Russell probably now in his 50s and potentially a Falkirk fan.

Does anybody know Kevin?

If he so and he wants to be left alone I'll make sure he is from my point of view. 

By the way your ex player Will Vaulks is doing fantastic for us, Sheffield Wednesday, and an absolute diamond of a bloke. Does a lot for children hospital in Sheffield 

Sorry, I don’t know a Kevin Russell. As for Sir Will of Vaulks, we are fully aware of how much a diamond he is. I would struggle to think of any player with his number of appearances who is held in such high regard by the our supporters bar the likes of Stainrod and Latapy.

Hope someone can help you in contacting Kevin Russell.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes our John Hughes (how he done with ICT anyway, not sure how well it matches with you).

- Early success with someone elses squad

- Squad is gradually getting worse while the money spent is going up (we've spent more in 2 windows under Davidson than the previous 4 managers spent combined. Our squad has over 30 senior players. Offered £100k for Jordan White).

- Clear feeling that momentum is backwards and we're simply circling a drain, backed up by results (we're losing more games this season than last. 6pts have come in the final 10 mins of games where we'd been losing comfortably until an opponent got sent off).

- Next manager will struggle due to what will be left (half our current line up is 30+ or on loan).

- Nobody outside the clubs supporters can see past the early success and understand why fans arent happy.

We'll almost definitely be relegated if he sees out his contract until 2025.

I fully see where you're coming from. And it's fair enough. 

But I'd fucking love a manager to win a national domestic cup with us, I'd take all the relegations. 

As it is I've seen all the relegations but no cups to back it up, buggery. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A large amount of the Bonnybridge UFO sightings appeared to happen after the pub shut!

You can also argue that it wouldn't be intelligent life as let's face it why would it pick Bonnybridge if it was intelligent?

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I fully see where you're coming from. And it's fair enough. 

But I'd fucking love a manager to win a national domestic cup with us, I'd take all the relegations. 

We've come from a manager who could both win us domestic trophies and have us performing well in the top flight, maybe the comparison is simply unfair.

As it is though, the feeling is that 20+ years of hard work are being chucked down the drain. The Browns have all but stepped back from the club too (Steve Brown has taken a back seat role for years and is cutting all ties this Summer no matter what, leaving us with no real chairman and a club up for sale with no buyers) which makes the doom feeling stronger.

33 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sorry, I don’t know a Kevin Russell. As for Sir Will of Vaulks, we are fully aware of how much a diamond he is. I would struggle to think of any player with his number of appearances who is held in such high regard by the our supporters bar the likes of Stainrod and Latapy.

Hope someone can help you in contacting Kevin Russell.

Is that Simon Stainrod? He played for us as well. Bit infamous though for previous misdemeanor against the club

21 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A large amount of the Bonnybridge UFO sightings appeared to happen after the pub shut!

Always thought that being midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh airports might have something to do with the lights in the sky.

Does anyone know if the game is on FTV tomorrow? I know most away games have been streamed if they have internet etc available, but the website hasn’t been updated in a few days so I’m not sure if it’ll be on or not. There hasn’t been a match report from the weekend either which is odd

1 minute ago, ClathyDave said:

Does anyone know if the game is on FTV tomorrow? I know most away games have been streamed if they have internet etc available, but the website hasn’t been updated in a few days so I’m not sure if it’ll be on or not. There hasn’t been a match report from the weekend either which is odd

its on parsTV,  gies yer cash.

13 minutes ago, ClathyDave said:

@lewfal

41 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Big game in doubt. Snow forecast for Sunday

Weather changes really quickly but even looking at the forecast just now, it’s to snow Sat eve into Sun morning but then rain from then on until the game. Sure it’ll be on. 

2 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dont know which game is bigger.  Win tomorrow and it makes the run in exciting. Win next Monday and it is big money as the chance of a semi final against one of the bigots is odds on.

Just win them both. Dilemma resolved

21 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Don’t dare come on a Falkirk thread and call Callum Davidson a shite manager!

A man who won you 2 major cups, finished 5th, kept you in the top flight and currently has you in 8th place fairly safe from relegation.

If you want to learn what a shite manager is, then let us tell you a story about the 4 seasons prior to this one. 

Coming on here and saying that is akin to telling a homeless person you sent back your fillet mignon because there was too much peppercorn sauce. 

He's no Tommy Wright though. 

19 hours ago, Springfield said:

On an entirely different topic, reading an article about the Hearts foundation, close on 8700 fan’s contributing around £142K monthly. Pretty mind blowing that there’s £17M invested yearly as an additional income source.

Another 0p in the pound mob. They should be forced to use some of that cash to finish paying off the creditors that the club shafted a few years back.