The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Will ye, aye? 

The Airdrie fans 2 weeks ago underestimated our improvement. I have read nothing but the same from Dunfermline fans. Not saying it will mean we will win but what we certainly are is a vastly improved and different team from the last two games. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Was going to post last night but I couldn’t be arsed due to some of the absolute wankers who now post on our thread.

I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday. It’s clear to see that our players have a brilliant relationship with themselves and the management team and are loving playing football. Just the little things I noticed in that every players celebrated every goal and Nesbitt’s little interaction with the photographer after he knocked him over - they are playing with smiles on their faces and this is getting through to the fans. 

Even 6 months ago if we’d been 0-0 with the team at the bottom at half time a lot of the fans would have been frustrated - not yesterday, collectively we knew if we were patient goals would come.

The link up play between Morrison/McCann and Rowe/Kennedy is outstanding and great to watch. At times unplayable at this level. 

We also have competition for places due to having a strong squad. Max was brilliant when he came on and when was the last time we had a substitute who scored a hat-trick who won’t start the next game ?

Now onto the hat-trick - well done Craig McGuffie. His first 2 goals were up with the best I’ve seen at TFS and the first in the top 3 I’ve seen from us ever. The penalty was calmness and confidence personified. Also, I noticed when the penalty was awarded, the players as a collective wanted to give the ball to McGuffie - that team spirit again.

Finally, thanks to me to John McGlynn and Paul Smith. You’ve given me my team and my pride in my team back. Thank you both.

Oh I think you are exaggerating your part in all of this. 🙂

Came in to see thoughts of Wee Max.

Get greeted with Dunfermline fans gloating about McPake being a great manager.

Oh boy are they in for a shock if they get promoted 😂

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I said on your thread, Max is a class act with a huge role to play for us. He's got a big fan club here already. 

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wee Max has been brilliant, totally changed the game yesterday when he came on with a well taken goal to start us off and then an assist for the second as well.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He looks different gravy I've got to say. I do reckon though that another years loan to us in the championship next season would be excellent experience for him.  Please.🙏

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I do reckon though that another years loan to us in the championship next season would be excellent experience for him.  Please.🙏

That would probably be the most sensible next step for him, but no idea whatll happen. Would assume he'd get game time for us in the Betfred Cup group stage.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

1st of 2 episodes this week is out NOW👇🏼

I've got to agree with John, McGuffie's earned his place in the starting line up on Tuesday.

Nobody really had a good game the last time we played the fifers but Edwards had Morrison in his back pocket so moving him over onto the left and putting McGuffie in at right midfield wouldn't be a bad switch imo.

Kucheriavyi will be hard done by not starting as well but I reckon if Henderson's fit he'll have to make do with a place on the bench.