The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I honestly think we have the better squad, 11 v 11 there isn’t a lot to pick between the teams but I think we are better placed to cope with injuries and suspensions. Will see how it goes in the run in but looking at our squad I don’t fear anyone even if it comes to the play offs.

Certainly have far better attacking options but Dunfermline have a solid midfield and back 4.  We still concede the odd goal more than we should at times. We'll need to be water tight on Tuesday to get a result.

Tuesday will be very tense. I genuinely think if we win (not sure we will) we will go on a win the league as we will beat Dunfermline are our place. 
A draw makes it all to play for. The only result that will settle anything is them winning. Don’t buy them not needing to win 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Whist a draw suits Dunfermline better, it certainly wouldnt settle things. 

20230305_082614.thumb.jpg.7bd7204ea45c8022735fbdd434e8cc8d.jpg

Would just need to catch them by another 2 points over the final 10 games and beat them at TFS to take the title on goal difference 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Guest Ecosse83

Frustrating 1st half yesterday with them putting every man behind the ball but always felt like we would eventually get the breakthrough. The crowd is much more patient now which is great to see! 

Two absolutely huge games now, it’s been a while since I felt confident going into these game. Genuinely think we will beat them on Tuesday and go and win the league! 

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

95 tickets left for the upper tier now. Reckon that will sell out today. The navy blue pound delivering for Scottish football once again 

Lower sections hold c700 so once we do sell out the final upper section, that’s around 2,300 sold. Brilliant. 

10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Lower sections hold c700 so once we do sell out the final upper section, that’s around 2,300 sold. Brilliant. 

I certainly hope they will open that lower section as it will be chaos for those trying to get a seat that come in late again. Was bad enough last time with around 1800….

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Think I counted it last time we played and it was 836 (though can't see us being allowed in the first 1-2 rows). Assuming the stand's capacity of 3016 is still accurate that would mean 2180 in the upper tier, which is some effort for a Tuesday night

Just had a quick look at the home tickets and Pars have pretty much sold out their traditional end. They'll have to open some more sections there as well 

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I certainly hope they will open that lower section as it will be chaos for those trying to get a seat that come in late again. Was bad enough last time with around 1800….

Will be sit/stand anywhere anyway I’d think as usual through there but yeah, opening it all up makes sense too. 

14 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Looking forward to Tuesday night now.

If you look at both teams form then Falkirk have gained 2 points on us since the beginning of December.

We are still unbeaten at home and have conceded less goals all season than Falkirk have conceded away from home...

Yes Falkirk are playing well but so are we....McPake got it spot on last game at Grangemouth Stadium....

Falkirk need a win, we don't...a win for us would just about see us over the line but Jesus Falkirk are definitely playing well.

Hopefully game is on and looks to be a cracking crowd.

May the best team win 👍👍

We’ve scored a lot more goals than you, you’ve only lost once all season to our 4 but for us that was early season and we’ve grown since then. Since January we’ve been a different side to the first half of the season and McPake will need a different game plan this time IMO.

I don’t watch the pars very week, but they don’t strike me as going the rest of the season without another loss. Some recent ties were close. 

Mental commentary from McPake saying Airdrie as best of the rest. He struggled to beat them but other teams aren’t at all.

14 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

We’ve scored a lot more goals than you, you’ve only lost once all season to our 4 but for us that was early season and we’ve grown since then. Since January we’ve been a different side to the first half of the season and McPake will need a different game plan this time IMO.

I don’t watch the pars very week, but they don’t strike me as going the rest of the season without another loss. Some recent ties were close. 

Mental commentary from McPake saying Airdrie as best of the rest. He struggled to beat them but other teams aren’t at all.

What’s the context here ? Did McPake say the 5th best team are really the 2nd best ? 

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Finally, thanks to me to John McGlynn and Paul Smith. You’ve given me my team and my pride in my team back. Thank you both.

Can’t disagree with this at all, or the rest of your post I didn’t copy. BUT can I add something?  When John McGlynn got his manager of the month award he made sure the backroom staff and players were included. 

Following John’s selfless example we should also acknowledge the FSS who are putting serious money into the club now, the other investors like the patrons who have invested around £300k in the last year, the six shareholders who put up nearly £150k in loans to keep us going this season and not forgetting the staff, directors and volunteers at the club.
I believe it’s been a team effort and as a support we have all played a part in helping to transform the club. 

The AGM was a real eye opener for me and we need to give John and Paul (and the club as a whole) the tools they need to continue the great work they are doing. 

10 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Can we all agree we’re sitting anywhere on Tuesday and not in our allocated seats? 

Can we all agree to get there a touch earlier than we’d ideally want to as well? It’s a cast iron guarantee the scum won’t open enough turnstiles - they never do - and we need everyone in that end before kick off