The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

What facts ? .if it wasnt for the fact Airdrie got their striker sent off you would have been hosed 3 nil, if it wasn't for the fact they had a keeper sent off you drew 1 each. As for the abuse, after your antics and comments last week on various threads not to mention our own and comments on the death of Craig Gowans you really are as low as they get you should think yourself lucky you got off with being called a bawbag.

If it wasn't for the FACT we hit both posts AND the bar against Montrose we would be undefeated...but we did...facts are we're 5 points clear and undefeated at home...you have taken 1 point from 6 from us, gained NO points on us since January so carry on ....

But, fair is fair ..if you actually do what NO one has done this season and actually WIN at East End Park then realise we are STILL top and play Peterhead next 👀🤔😉

3 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

But you've gained a whole 2 points on us since the start of December and sweet fk all since the new year.

So explain how you are therefore breathing down our neck?

Let's be brutally honest...you are playing well and humped bottom of the table Peterhead today after an hour of frustration.

We beat 4th placed Alloa...we're unbeaten at home...we've both improved our SQUAD as someone above said...You have conceded more goals away from home than we have home AND away all season...even if you do win we're still above you and our next game is against the same team you humped today...

I know which position I'd rather be in and it's not 2nd and 5 points behind.....just saying 👀👀🤔

We absolutely hammered Peterhead today. There was no frustration at all. Just kept playing our game in the knowledge the goals would come and they did.

We comfortably took care of Airdrie last week without any favours.

Roll on Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m loving the fact it’s Pars fans that are bigging up their team and insisting that they have the league sewn up.

I don’t know if 5 points might just be a bit too much for us but cannot believe how different we are from the team that played the Pars earlier in the season. I mean, Rumarn Burrell is now fourth choice striker ffs. 
No idea who will win this one but if we turn up, Dunfermline will have a battle on their hands…..

Bet you wish you were in our position just now 😉

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

No idea who will win this one but if we turn up, Dunfermline will have a battle on their hands…..

I agree. No one said any different. Falkirk are a good team. You've just got to prove it next game.

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

We absolutely hammered Peterhead today. There was no frustration at all. Just kept playing our game in the knowledge the goals would come and they did.

We comfortably took care of Airdrie last week without any favours.

Roll on Tuesday.

Yea ok...one down and a penalty to them ..like when we were 3 down and still won....

Yea you're on a good streak but gained NO points on us since the New Year....if you win on Tuesday then Kudos....no one else has no matter what league they play in...😉

I honestly think we have the better squad, 11 v 11 there isn’t a lot to pick between the teams but I think we are better placed to cope with injuries and suspensions. Will see how it goes in the run in but looking at our squad I don’t fear anyone even if it comes to the play offs.

Just now, Fallen Angel said:

Just now, Fallen Angel said:

Of course I do, but we didn’t start the season with our current squad or I think we’d be in front. 
Let’s be honest these are two really good side that both deserve to go up.  I’ll be disappointed if we lose but we will still have plenty left to play for even if we do…..

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You've changed your tune since last week, obviously being suspended and warned off the mods worked and please discuss on the match thread instead of here unless your on a fishing trip.  But you are more than likely drunk given your tone.

I never gave anyone abuse last week, or any time on here. You just choose to lose your shit. I'm discussing the game here. Maybe the Mods need to look elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I honestly think we have the better squad, 11 v 11 there isn’t a lot to pick between the teams but I think we are better placed to cope with injuries and suspensions. Will see how it goes in the run in but looking at our squad I don’t fear anyone even if it comes to the play offs.

Most of your mates reckon you won't need the playoffs my friend....

I agree you have a good squad but so do we ...

Whomever wins the league deserves to... hopefully both teams go up....

I'm a realist and would love you, us and Rovers in the Championship 👀👀🤔

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Of course I do, but we didn’t start the season with our current squad or I think we’d be in front. 
Let’s be honest these are two really good side that both deserve to go up.  I’ll be disappointed if we lose but we will still have plenty left to play for even if we do…..

Neither did we

And see my post above...I'd much prefer us BOTH to be promoted for obvious reasons.

I'm a realist and see the financial advantages 😉

To be fair I think we should both be playing in the top flight, both our supports certainly deserve to be playing at a higher level. Unfortunately in recent years,  in our case the piss poor running of our club means we are where we are on merit. Our new board are working wonders to turn things round and at last they are giving us a team to get behind.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

To be fair I think we should both be playing in the top flight, both our supports certainly deserve to be playing at a higher level. Unfortunately in recent years,  in our case the piss poor running of our club means we are where we are on merit. Our new board are working wonders to turn things round and at last they are giving us a team to get behind.

Ditto mate...it's sad we've both fallen so far.

When you see who's in the Premiership or even top 3 or 4 in the championship we SHOULD be there ...bet the SPL would love us there 😊

51 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m loving the fact it’s Pars fans that are bigging up their team and insisting that they have the league sewn up.

I don’t know if 5 points might just be a bit too much for us but cannot believe how different we are from the team that played the Pars earlier in the season. I mean, Rumarn Burrell is now fourth choice striker ffs. 

Oh yes, falkirk fans have been doing absolutely no bigging up of their side recently.

If the best you can offer is a battle then bring it on,  we enjoy that and nearly always come out on top

Looking at the Championship and imagining us in the play offs ( i dont think we will need them though). Would it not be absolute karma if we had to play Hartleys Cove and gave them a right hammering   Would love that but would prefer gubbing the Fife lot twice and winning the league .

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Looking at the Championship and imagining us in the play offs ( i dont think we will need them though). Would it not be absolute karma if we had to play Hartleys Cove and gave them a right hammering   Would love that but would prefer gubbing the Fife lot twice and winning the league .

You can but dream of beating us twice....that's more than you have in the last 2 and twice more than we've been beaten all season...but go beat Cove please 👀😉

The second 45 albeit against a poor side, was one of the best team performances I’ve seen since Houstie was in charge. First time in a long time we are looking at the bench with two or three game changers rather than nobody’s filling shirts. I was lucky to be at Perth the day God put the ball in from 45, and never thought I’d see again. McGuffie first two goals were simply out of this world. Tuesdays game will take care of itself, and with a cup game next up, great feeling around the club.