The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Brilliant night at the clubs speakers night at Inchyra (In Sheera if you are Peter Martin) last night. Just shy of 400 there which was phenomenal. £16k made from the auction alone they said and the final total from tickets & raffle etc to be confirmed. 

John McGlynn & Paul Smith attended until around 9pm to get home ahead of today. Some ex players there too Joe McLauchlin, Andy Lawrie, Neil Oliver & Jimmy Gilmour. 

Roughie was good although no new material. Peter Martin was very funny & off the cuff although I’m sure some won’t have liked his material at parts, in the world we now find ourselves in. 

Brilliant night though, well organised & sets us up for today nicely. Well done FFC 👏🏻

Yes, totally agree.

Top marks to the Inchyra staff for dealing with the huge numbers.

Martin was great but would be quickly binned off P&B.

Roughie was ‘okay’.

Really sad times we live in.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

We weren’t exactly in a position of strength

How much of Brockville and the land did we own and how much did we make from the Morrisson’s deal. I’m not being arsey I just don’t know. The deal we are currently tied into seems terrible and is costing the club a lot of money yearly. Do other clubs like Livingston, St Mirren etc who have new stadiums have the same kinds of costs as us.

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

How much of Brockville and the land did we own and how much did we make from the Morrisson’s deal. I’m not being arsey I just don’t know. The deal we are currently tied into seems terrible and is costing the club a lot of money yearly. Do other clubs like Livingston, St Mirren etc who have new stadiums have the same kinds of costs as us.

We really are raking over old ground here.  Livi went bust at least once because of their ground, and Smurn won a watch when Tesco bought their old ground from them AND built them a new ground.  Neither is comparable.  We are lucky we avoided all the Masterton Stadia Investments stuff - never mind paying high rents, we might not be around any more.

we are where we are.  Maybe SA will donate something at some point,  but we can’t assume that.  Maybe the council will give us part of the stadium in the fullness of time, but it’s going to be very low down their list and any council officer seen to give anything away for undervalue when the council is already bust will very quickly lose their job.

We just need to concentrate on moving up the leagues and generating more revenue. But I’m more interested is seeing us play decent football.

32 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Is that land not on a 175 year lease tho? At something daft like £1 a year? The club do effectively own the land 

That’d be fairly typical in the circumstances - ground lease at nominal rent.  It means the council will have a restriction on what we can use it for, but in practical terms it’s ours.

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who negotiated the deal for the stadium on behalf of the club, seems like we have been well and truly shafted on most fronts.

The deal was re-negotiated a few years ago because the stadium company was loosing money. Initially the club owned 51% of “Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd” but that was then carved up with the assets being separated out between the council and the club. Council took on the debt but basically now own all  the internal money making facilities in the main stand bar the changing rooms so the club now pays a service charge to use any of the corporate, hospitality or catering facilities. Club owns the seats, concourse catering area and the pitch with SA owning the south stand and the club owning the north stand. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:Do other clubs like Livingston, St Mirren etc who have new stadiums have the same kinds of costs as us.

St Mirren own their ground outright and was funded by the sale of Love Street. Livingston own nothing of theirs, and pay rent on a sliding scale depending on what league they are in. I don’t know about now, but 7 or 8 years ago, their stadium cost them peanuts. In return, the council had/have a hospitality box all to themselves.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The deal was re-negotiated a few years ago because the stadium company was loosing money. Initially the club owned 51% of “Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd” but that was then carved up with the assets being separated out between the council and the club. Council took on the debt but basically now own all  the internal money making facilities in the main stand bar the changing rooms so the club now pays a service charge to use any of the corporate, hospitality or catering facilities. Club owns the seats, concourse catering area and the pitch with SA owning the south stand and the club owning the north stand. 

Do we definitely own the North Stand? I was looking through some of the accounts the other day and noticed this regarding North Stand payments from our 04/05 accounts. Doesn’t appear to be mentioned since though. 

EEF927E6-B338-4726-AA8B-12FAD8137DDB.png

Just seen a few kids trying to celebrate at the advertising board and get photos of the team celebrating, one steward tried to push them back from there, with a second coming to join a few seconds later.

Wtf is wrong with these rent-a-polis cretins?  They were literally kids, trying to enjoy a goal and make memories, there was no danger of a pitch invasion or anything untoward - how dare these kids try to celebrate and have fun!

1 minute ago, some_guy said:

Just seen a few kids trying to celebrate at the advertising board and get photos of the team celebrating, one steward tried to push them back from there, with a second coming to join a few seconds later.

Wtf is wrong with these rent-a-polis cretins?  They were literally kids, trying to enjoy a goal and make memories, there was no danger of a pitch invasion or anything untoward - how dare these kids try to celebrate and have fun!

Luminous jacket syndrome. Some wee jumped up Fannies who think they’re something. 

52 minutes ago, some_guy said:

I guess it’s a bit jobsworth, but you have to take into account that these are minimum wage people, and won’t be exactly the most insightful of individuals.

Stewards kicked a guy out for standing up along the East end of the stand, when the whole top corner at the West end stands the whole match 🤣

Anyway, the anti Falkirk agenda c***s must think we are thick.... Giving us a penalty to finish a 5 goal rout at home immediately before going away to Dunfermline.... Absolutely at it. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Do we definitely own the North Stand? I was looking through some of the accounts the other day and noticed this regarding North Stand payments from our 04/05 accounts. Doesn’t appear to be mentioned since though. 

EEF927E6-B338-4726-AA8B-12FAD8137DDB.png

I asked the question at an AGM once and was told we do yea. 

8 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

We really are raking over old ground here.  Livi went bust at least once because of their ground, and Smurn won a watch when Tesco bought their old ground from them AND built them a new ground.  Neither is comparable.  We are lucky we avoided all the Masterton Stadia Investments stuff - never mind paying high rents, we might not be around any more.

we are where we are.  Maybe SA will donate something at some point,  but we can’t assume that.  Maybe the council will give us part of the stadium in the fullness of time, but it’s going to be very low down their list and any council officer seen to give anything away for undervalue when the council is already bust will very quickly lose their job.

We just need to concentrate on moving up the leagues and generating more revenue. But I’m more interested is seeing us play decent football.

Livis ground had nowt  to do with it.it was spending money they didn't have that cost them.