The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Surely building the stand should be a pretty good Legacy? It doesn't sound like it's generated any money for him yet, the yearly rental won't have covered the costs of building the stand. However surely it can't be argued that is has generated money for Falkirk? I'd imagine it's got a higher capacity than the gazebo, plus you have the bar etc in the stand? 

Your deal with the council sounds shitty, but this guy seems to have done the club a solid. While he has his own interests he has undoubtedly had the clubs interests at heart aswell. It's doubtful he'll have the club over a barrel. 

God I hate it when you post something sensible.

23 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

So let's say 1.5million out of £5million - pretty much one third of your assets. Now I have no idea who you are but let's say you own a house worth £100,00. Will you give the club £30,000 as a donation from your relative worth?

Again…..it’s a slight difference retaining £3.5 million to live off than £70k…….if your house is worth £100k by your reasoning. It’s all relative based on your net worth. Much easier to do the wealthier you are.

26 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

So let's say 1.5million out of £5million - pretty much one third of your assets. Now I have no idea who you are but let's say you own a house worth £100,00. Will you give the club £30,000 as a donation from your relative worth?

Sandy Alexander’s net worth will be considerably higher than 5 or even 10 million. He’s worth way way north of that! 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

What do you think SA would want for it? 

Am I wrong in believing it was about £2.3M to construct, what 15+ years ago? We must have paid back the bulk of that by now?

Arguably if we squared up the balance that should really be adequate I would have thought? However that might be £500k plus….

Ok, I am the exact opposite end of the wealth scale than Sandy Alexander, but due to health issues and age, I've not got many years left ahead of me either so  we are in that one boat together at least.  I find that as time is ticking away the value I place on possessions, money and the things I own get dramatically less and less.  Got to let go eventually.  The point I am trying to make is I wouldn't be surprised if he left the stand to the club as long has his family are otherwise looked after.  If I were in his comfortable position I would do it in a heartbeat.

I wish I had learned this lesson in life much earlier.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
28 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Ok, I am the exact opposite end of the wealth scale than Sandy Alexander, but due to health issues and age, I've not got many years left ahead of me either so  we are in that one boat together at least.  I find that as time is ticking away the value I place on possessions, money and the things I own get dramatically less and less.  Got to let go eventually.  The point I am trying to make is I wouldn't be surprised if he left the stand to the club as long has his family are otherwise looked after.  If I were in his comfortable position I would do it in a heartbeat.

I wish I had learned this lesson in life much earlier.

Good post. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

The KM Stand is an asset. It’s of little worth to Sandy as income other than the rent. If Falkirk were to go bust then it would be effectively worthless. 

It has been of great benefit to us and Sandy deserves full praise for doing that but if he could sell it to the fans then what a legacy that would leave. Just say £425k, that would be 5 years more rent plus whatever we’ve paid. 

The problem is no one knows for sure if there is a plan to gift it or what. If it ends up to another owner then could be another millstone around our neck. Would be good to find out anyway as sure the fans could come together if there was an end result to a fundraiser. Same with the Main Stand. 

Where do Falkirk fans propose the money comes from to buy out SA and/or the council  from the sound of things that’s a lot of cash to come up with and given you have needed to secure loans loans to get through the last couple of seasons it doesn’t sound like there’s much going around to make such long term future investment.

Don’t know what rent you pay the council but It sounds like you pay more for one stand on top of whatever that is than our entire lease on east end.  

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I wish Sandy Alexander the best of health and hope him and his family have a long time to appreciate each other and enjoy his hard earned wealth. Dont like this focus on his will after death. Gross!

Absolutely, the guy is a Falkirk supporter and has financially backed the club through the darkest hours, and unfortunately has been subjected to some horrible abuse. 

5 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

£250k.  Are you on glue?  

You are looking at it solely as a cold hard business deal. Maybes aye, maybes naw.

It’s not a property company that own it with ready made 10 and 20 year business plan projections on future revenue generation. It’s a Falkirk fan.

Of course, he is an accomplished business man, but the potential settlement figure should at least be explored and if nothing else, understood. Who knows, the BoD may well have trodden that path already.

We shouldn't forget that the ground that the south stand is built on is still owned by the council and leased to the club at no cost. It's a bloody joke that the club has come out of the stadium deal with basically nothing that doesn't rely on the council .

9 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

We shouldn't forget that the ground that the south stand is built on is still owned by the council and leased to the club at no cost. It's a bloody joke that the club has come out of the stadium deal with basically nothing that doesn't rely on the council .

Who negotiated the deal for the stadium on behalf of the club, seems like we have been well and truly shafted on most fronts.

31 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who negotiated the deal for the stadium on behalf of the club, seems like we have been well and truly shafted on most fronts.

We weren’t exactly in a position of strength

Brilliant night at the clubs speakers night at Inchyra (In Sheera if you are Peter Martin) last night. Just shy of 400 there which was phenomenal. £16k made from the auction alone they said and the final total from tickets & raffle etc to be confirmed. 

John McGlynn & Paul Smith attended until around 9pm to get home ahead of today. Some ex players there too Joe McLauchlin, Andy Lawrie, Neil Oliver & Jimmy Gilmour. 

Roughie was good although no new material. Peter Martin was very funny & off the cuff although I’m sure some won’t have liked his material at parts, in the world we now find ourselves in. 

Brilliant night though, well organised & sets us up for today nicely. Well done FFC 👏🏻

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Martin Ritchie and George Craig were certainly on the fcsl board at the time and wait for it accountancy advice was from one Gary deans of KPMG. 😂

10 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Is that land not on a 175 year lease tho? At something daft like £1 a year? The club do effectively own the land