The Falkirk FC Thread

Rental from bar & gym already goes to FFC doesn’t it? Buying the stand would simply stop the rent each year which wouldn’t be a bad thing but obviously depends on how much, not a situation we need to think about in the current climate though. 

13 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Rental from bar & gym already goes to FFC doesn’t it? Buying the stand would simply stop the rent each year which wouldn’t be a bad thing but obviously depends on how much, not a situation we need to think about in the current climate though. 

I have no idea in all honesty.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not necessarily so. For one thing, there are multiple owners. The KM7 Stand was financed by SA, and a rent has been paid every year since. I think in this last year, it was £85,000.

If SA has had his capital investment back in the intervening years, then who knows, perhaps a single lump final payment might be enough for the Stand to become a Club asset.

If it could be had (for argument’s sake) for £250k (or something in that ballpark), it would represent good longer term value to the club. It would be capital expenditure, not operating expenditure.

Not paying that rent for four years or so, and it effectively pays for itself thereafter.

Pure conjecture on my part…..SA might want significantly more.

£250k.  Are you on glue?  

15 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If I was an elderly rich person who owned a stand, I would maybe think about gifting it to the club I love and have supported all my life………….. only saying if.

Not sure if they have any foundation to them but the rumours have always been that SA has left the KM7 stand to the club in his wil.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

17 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If I was an elderly rich person who owned a stand, I would maybe think about gifting it to the club I love and have supported all my life………….. only saying if.

Maybe the elderly rich persons relatives would have an opinion on that.

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

I have no idea but if the rent is £85k then he’d be daft to sell it for anything resembling that.

Or maybe rather than being “daft” he’d be acting as a philanthropic life long Falkirk fan in his elderly years who already has more money than god anyway. 

32 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We've been paying SA £75-85k a season in 'rent' for the last 13 years, or just over £1m in total. 

Given it cost around £3m to build at the time he's still got a fair way to go before getting his money back

Don’t think it was £3 mill. to build. Heard it was nearer £1.5 mill.
Therefore, not such a bad idea to try and buy it, considering the cash it has generated over the years for SA. To gift it to the fans at a knock down price, would be a lasting legacy.

3 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

PERSONAL VIEW - I wonder how many people would hand over an asset work say 1/5th of all their assets for free? Say their new car? I do think people are ungrateful at times for the soft loan that is the MK stand. It is easy to spend someone else's money.

Slightly different scenario if your total assets are £5 million, compared to £500. To be left with only £4 million is still pretty dandy. Notwithstanding the cash it has already generated for him.

36 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We've been paying SA £75-85k a season in 'rent' for the last 13 years, or just over £1m in total. 

Given it cost around £3m to build at the time he's still got a fair way to go before getting his money back

That makes more sense to me.  If he’s only charging rent at a net yield of c2.7%, that’s way below what the club would merit - so the “give” to the club is the rent is low.  

4 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Slightly different scenario if your total assets are £5 million, compared to £500. To be left with only £4 million is still pretty dandy. Notwithstanding the cash it has already generated for him.

So let's say 1.5million out of £5million - pretty much one third of your assets. Now I have no idea who you are but let's say you own a house worth £100,00. Will you give the club £30,000 as a donation from your relative worth?

Edited by Kevin James Left Knee

30 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

PERSONAL VIEW - I wonder how many people would hand over an asset work say 1/5th of all their assets for free? Say their new car? I do think people are ungrateful at times for the soft loan that is the MK stand. It is easy to spend someone else's money.

I think Sandy should be thanked for all he’s done for the club but it’s still a question worth asking. As far as we know the money we’ve paid so far is just rent. If it was a soft loan then would still be great to know how much was left and see if there was a chance to raise it. If we could save £85k a year then could buy 3 players with that money. 

Edited by Van_damage

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

Therefore, not such a bad idea to try and buy it, considering the cash it has generated over the years for SA. To gift it to the fans at a knock down price, would be a lasting legacy.

Stand in the accounts at just shy of £2m, it is owned by South Stand Development Company Limited. The club have one share in this company.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC324749

Edited by grumpyoldman

11 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Surely building the stand should be a pretty good Legacy? It doesn't sound like it's generated any money for him yet, the yearly rental won't have covered the costs of building the stand. However surely it can't be argued that is has generated money for Falkirk? I'd imagine it's got a higher capacity than the gazebo, plus you have the bar etc in the stand? 

Your deal with the council sounds shitty, but this guy seems to have done the club a solid. While he has his own interests he has undoubtedly had the clubs interests at heart aswell. It's doubtful he'll have the club over a barrel.