The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Nowt to do with Football.

Work has a job tomorrow delivery to Brockville Street in East End of Glasgow, had a look to see where it is and the three streets adjacent to it are Banknock Street, Bainsford Street, Camelon Street, anyone know the Falkirk connection to this area of Glasgow ? 

Never knew about that. Seen this too when in Perth in Australia. 

Falkirk Ave
https://maps.app.goo.gl/yPNdXP4giYzgMbuG9?g_st=ic

There’s also this in Canada…

https://brockvillepolice.com

On 01/03/2023 at 17:25, Donathan said:

I can imagine the number of Falkirk fans that “feel uncomfortable” sitting near opposition fans can be counted on two hands. If anyone genuinely is put off by this they should sit in the South stand. 

Dunfermline are the only L1 team that should be getting the north stand opened for them IMO

The only thing that makes me “uncomfortable” sitting near QOTS fans is the fact the majority of them are Tories. 

40 minutes ago, Oscar P said:

There is also a Brockville Bed and Breakfast in Tobermory on Mull.

Looking through my phone and forgot I made this as a potential t-shirt idea. Since we’re discussing Brockville…

D5177B28-3A9E-4B62-9661-10BE4D2D8118.jpeg

7 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The place in New York is now called Morrisons

Yeah Brooklyn Coffee have their van parked outside there. They sell all their damn fine coffee and commercial real estate in Manhattan from there.

Just ask for the boy that looks like a trampy Kenny Rodgers.  

21 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Which is why we should make enquiries about the KM Stand! 

Any purchase must be for the whole stadium and assets within them plus the surrounding land the car park for example. Then there is total control of the facility and the basis for a business plan to exploit it and finance its own purchase.

The only way the council could be enticed to sell is a one-off payment they can't turn down and the club have enough financial challenges as it is.

Council must be pissing themselves laughing stitching up such a gullible lot.

54 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Any purchase must be for the whole stadium and assets within them plus the surrounding land the car park for example. Then there is total control of the facility and the basis for a business plan to exploit it and finance its own purchase.

The only way the council could be enticed to sell is a one-off payment they can't turn down and the club have enough financial challenges as it is.

Council must be pissing themselves laughing stitching up such a gullible lot.

Not necessarily so. For one thing, there are multiple owners. The KM7 Stand was financed by SA, and a rent has been paid every year since. I think in this last year, it was £85,000.

If SA has had his capital investment back in the intervening years, then who knows, perhaps a single lump final payment might be enough for the Stand to become a Club asset.

If it could be had (for argument’s sake) for £250k (or something in that ballpark), it would represent good longer term value to the club. It would be capital expenditure, not operating expenditure.

Not paying that rent for four years or so, and it effectively pays for itself thereafter.

Pure conjecture on my part…..SA might want significantly more.

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not necessarily so. For one thing, there are multiple owners. The KM7 Stand was financed by SA, and a rent has been paid every year since. I think in this last year, it was £85,000.

If SA has had his capital investment back in the intervening years, then who knows, perhaps a single lump final payment might be enough for the Stand to become a Club asset.

If it could be had (for argument’s sake) for £250k (or something in that ballpark), it would represent good longer term value to the club. It would be capital expenditure, not operating expenditure.

Not paying that rent for four years or so, and it effectively pays for itself thereafter.

Out-of-interest and for arguments sake - Not sure it requires outright ownership to achieve -

If the club did buy the KM7 stand what additional revenues could the club generate from it?

15 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Out-of-interest and for arguments sake - Not sure it requires outright ownership to achieve -

If the club did buy the KM7 stand what additional revenues could the club generate from it?

Renting out the bar space and the gym side of the building. Possibly move some functions from the main stand to reduce rent we pay the council? Might be worthwhile but I don't know the numbers so who knows.

47 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Until the club can somehow contrive to get all stakeholders to agree to a single buyout of the TFS and surrounding land. Then FFC have a financial millstone around their neck in yearly rent, and lease payments that will only get more expensive that comes off our income year in year out. Would give us the fear if it was ever disclosed how much the club have paid out over the years and have diddly squat to show for it.