The Falkirk FC Thread

It's been mentioned before, I am sure, that the Kelpies to kick-off is happening this Saturday. 

500 tickets available this year and 380 attended the event in 2019. Not sure if this is the 1st since COVID.

I know of 2 who aren't regular fans who are participating.

Both 2.5/5K walks appear to be sold out.

Edited by Blame Me
New information added

19 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

I imagine that the stadium makes them money and that's why they haven't tried to shift it over like they are doing with places like the dobbie hall.

Due to Council controlling so much of the cost of overheads such as services, staff all of which will have a healthy mark up to cover overheads by accounting sleight of hand can put on the books that TFS runs at a loss. If it ran at an actual loss they would be keen to unload it but it's the opposite.

FFC is a prisoner at the TFS and the council knows it. Nowhere else to go as there's no chance of planning permission ever being granted for building our own stadium. There have been discussions on the forum in the past about buying them out and it's not a goer. Bulletproof 99 year lease with no get out for example. 

As a business FFC do not have one physical asset that is sellable.

The support just have to get used to it.

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Due to Council controlling so much of the cost of overheads such as services, staff all of which will have a healthy mark up to cover overheads by accounting sleight of hand can put on the books that TFS runs at a loss. If it ran at an actual loss they would be keen to unload it but it's the opposite.

FFC is a prisoner at the TFS and the council knows it. Nowhere else to go as there's no chance of planning permission ever being granted for building our own stadium. There have been discussions on the forum in the past about buying them out and it's not a goer. Bulletproof 99 year lease with no get out for example. 

As a business FFC do not have one physical asset that is sellable.

The support just have to get used to it.

Which is why we should make enquiries about the KM Stand! 

7 hours ago, Blame Me said:

It's been mentioned before, I am sure, that the Kelpies to kick-off is happening this Saturday. 

500 tickets available this year and 380 attended the event in 2019. Not sure if this is the 1st since COVID.

I know of 2 who aren't regular fans who are participating.

Both 2.5/5K walks appear to be sold out.

Will this have a major effect on parking at the ground,  usually grudgingly pay the £4 behind the north stand as not keen on walking too far. 

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

My brother just got his DNA results back.  Someone we are distantly related to moved from central Scotland to Brockville, New York in the 1750's.   Made my day.

Is he still your brother?

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

655 FSS members. It just keeps building 👍

Only 165 members short of surpassing Morton’s monthly contributions now with our average £12/month subs. At current growth then should surpass that by the Summer. 🤞🏻

Edited by Van_damage

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

On a side note anyone seen the temps for next week. They better hope the plumber has turned up to fix that boiler at EEP

The pitch gets a full day to thaw out before the match and not much time after the sum goes away to freeze again. Other than being one fucker of a cold watch, surely it will be OK?

Edited by Bairnardo

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The pitch gets a full day to thaw out before the match and not much time after the sum goes away to freeze again. Other than being one fucker of a cold watch, surely it will be OK?

Was a bit tongue in cheek TBH. I am sure it will be ok 

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Unless they want it off.

If we don the conspiracy hat for a second, I don't think it makes sense for Dunfermline to want thus off. The very last thing they want is to place themselves in a must win scenario v us. The only way that can happen is if they were to put it off. Right now, even if it goes the best way it can for us on Saturday, the game v them is a must not lose. The longer time goes on without playing eachother, the higher the potential is that actually, they need to play into OUR hands and attack for the win.

That's if you want to think conspiratiorially. 

If I were them, I'd be wanting this game on in amongst the time where we have a notionally winnable cup QF to think about also. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If we don the conspiracy hat for a second, I don't think it makes sense for Dunfermline to want thus off. The very last thing they want is to place themselves in a must win scenario v us. The only way that can happen is if they were to put it off. Right now, even if it goes the best way it can for us on Saturday, the game v them is a must not lose. The longer time goes on without playing eachother, the higher the potential is that actually, they need to play into OUR hands and attack for the win.

That's if you want to think conspiratiorially. 

If I were them, I'd be wanting this game on in amongst the time where we have a notionally winnable cup QF to think about also. 

Aye but they are shiteing it…

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

On a side note anyone seen the temps for next week. They better hope the plumber has turned up to fix that boiler at EEP

Yes 30degs+ every single day as it has been since Xmas.

Oh you meant Scotland

Nowt to do with Football.

Work has a job tomorrow delivery to Brockville Street in East End of Glasgow, had a look to see where it is and the three streets adjacent to it are Banknock Street, Bainsford Street, Camelon Street, anyone know the Falkirk connection to this area of Glasgow ?