The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Not sure if anybody will know but do the club have data to show how many kids take up the free ticket offer? It would be interesting to see if there any trends to show how much of that support we maintain into teenage years and also how it compares to previous years. A cost/benefit analysis will show how well it works. If Ineos had supported it then presumably they must have numbers to based their sponsorship on?

I'm not sure how the sponsorship works, is it a lump some at an estimate of kids per games over a season, or does the club provide them with figures of under 12s after each home game and then FFC receive the money that would cost? Genuinely not a clue how it works

I assume rather than naming rights to the stadium we could sell right to the North and Main Stands. Ie whenever the main stand is referred to in club terms, its given its sponsored name. The only thing maybe not allowed would presumably be a sign on the outside, but could have signage inside etc. 

52 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not sure we can with the link up with the council although I suppose if they agreed you never know. 

Aye. The Launderers don’t own a single brick of their stadium, but it’s the “club” that get the cash from it being the Tony Macaroni Arena. The only upside from my perspective is that it makes it nice and clear which eatery I would never give a penny to.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I’d be reluctant to see the free kids tickets go as the benefit presumably hugely outweighs the cost over the long term.

I do agree they opening the north stand for less than 100 people in many cases is a waste of money and should be stopped.

Why? Do you know what it costs to open?

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why? Do you know what it costs to open?

The cost will naturally be higher than having such small numbers in the main stand so it's going to be a saving whatever way you look at it.

Off the top of my head the following teams all do it whenever they are in the lower leagues. It's just common sense. 

Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr Utd, Hamilton, Clyde, Airdrie Partick, Killie, Morton, St Mirren, Dundee, ICT, Ross County.

Why do you think we should be so different?

24 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The cost will naturally be higher than having such small numbers in the main stand so it's going to be a saving whatever way you look at it.

Off the top of my head the following teams all do it whenever they are in the lower leagues. It's just common sense. 

Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr Utd, Hamilton, Clyde, Airdrie Partick, Killie, Morton, St Mirren, Dundee, ICT, Ross County.

Why do you think we should be so different?

Maybe because paying home fans asked for it to happen due to them being uncomfortable with having the away fans in beside them?

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Maybe because paying home fans asked for it to happen due to them being uncomfortable with having the away fans in beside them?

Struggle to see what makes them uncomfortable. They are segregated throughout the match. The only cross over is the concourse areas. We have hosted away fans in the main stand for a decade now so not sure why its now an issue.

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Struggle to see what makes them uncomfortable. They are segregated throughout the match. The only cross over is the concourse areas. We have hosted away fans in the main stand for a decade now so not sure why its now an issue.

I'm not sure either but fans have clearly voiced that opinion to the club and we've listened to them by putting away fans back in the north stand at a small cost to ourselves.

It's been done to death but I for one am happy the club have listened and provided a solution rather than telling them they're the issue.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I assume rather than naming rights to the stadium we could sell right to the North and Main Stands. Ie whenever the main stand is referred to in club terms, its given its sponsored name. The only thing maybe not allowed would presumably be a sign on the outside, but could have signage inside etc. 

Would not put it past the council charging FFC for calling it the TFS.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm not sure either but fans have clearly voiced that opinion to the club and we've listened to them by putting away fans back in the north stand at a small cost to ourselves.

It's been done to death but I for one am happy the club have listened and provided a solution rather than telling them they're the issue.

I'm not disputing that it is good the fans are being listened to. That is fantastic but I just don't understand what is uncomfortable about it. 

It could cost £100 to open the north stand or it could cost £1000 to open it for a game. I genuinely don't know. If we open the NS for 8-10 more games over a season surely that equates to so many hundred FSS subscriptions over a season or so many dozen season ticket sales getting absorbed into an unnecessary cost?

Just trying to create a relatable comparison.

Edited by latapythelegend

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'm not disputing that it is good the fans are being listened to. That is fantastic but I just don't understand what is uncomfortable about it. 

It could ask £100 to open the north stand or it could cost £1000 to open it for a game. I genuinely don't know. If we open the NS for 8-10 more games over a season surely that equates to so many hundred FSS subscriptions over a season or so many dozen season ticket sales getting absorbed into an unnecessary cost?

Just trying to create a relatable comparison.

I think queen of the south fans jumping the barrier and confronting Falkirk fans was what probably made them uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I'd give the option to Concessions to pay the Adult price if they can afford to do so, as i'm sure many of them can, and the age demographic of the support includes a lot of pensioners, who aren't poor. There is quite a large price ( too large in my opinion £100 for Main and South Stands and £ 55 for Prime Main Stand)  differential between an Adult and a Concession Season ticket.

I'd also at least make a charge for Under 12's going to Prime main stand. They should be paying something for attending a match in that area

Under 12s would just buy free tickets then and sit where ever there was a free prime seat if they wanted one of those that badly. I don't think I've ever seen anyone challenged for sitting in a prime seat unless it's someone else's seat they're in.

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Exactly. As long as the cost isn’t silly I don’t know how the club can be blamed for listening to loyal fans (season ticket holders) opinions. 

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think queen of the south fans jumping the barrier and confronting Falkirk fans was what probably made them uncomfortable.

Was this at the 5-2 game I take it?

I just can't imagine QotS fans being able to do much more than bore folk to death. 

I'm always for the fans being listened to, but even I am having a hard time with opening a stand at cost* for the reason of "some fans aren't comfortable being in the same stand as away fans".

I neither know if that's the reason, or what the cost is, but even if you listen to the fans at all times, sometimes you should probably still be prepared to say no. 

10 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Was this at the 5-2 game I take it?

I just can't imagine QotS fans being able to do much more than bore folk to death. 

I was of the opinion that opening up the north stand wasn't worth it as well  but having spoken to a few folk that always sit there there had been a couple of similar incidents before and the qots one was the last straw for them.