The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I would leave the free under 12 tickets.

Its an investment in the future of the club.

I would leave free matchday individual tickets and family stand season tickets so that anyone is still able to attend who might not be able to afford it otherwise. But I think charging for more "premium" season tickets is not a bad idea, best of both worlds that way, still investing in the future but also getting some extra money we don't otherwise get 

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Reading with interest the posts regarding potential price increase and wonder what would be reasonable.

I'd suggest £470 for an adult without an early bird offer but with DD option 🤔

Some interesting responses.

I'll revise that original proposal and throw £390 figure for a season ticket anywhere in the stadium excluding non-prime seats (again with no EB + DD).

In my view (pardon the pun) there isn't much difference between main stand/KM7 stand vantage points that justifies a reduction for KM7 pricing we've traditionally had.

Adjusting 23/24 KM7 stand price to the same as last years main stand (ex. Prime) is ~ +9.7% increase - a smidge of current inflation is also a possible scenario and could be what I think was referred to as an anomaly at the AGM.

Pretty sure I was £245 for my KM stand season ticket this year. I think if we go up a rise to around the £300 mark, maybe a wee bit more would be reasonable. I also put £240 into the FSS a year and I’ve been to hospitality twice. 

If the ST’s were to go up further I would maybe cut out one of the hospitality visits to cover the cost. A lot would depend on what else rises in my household budget and I dare say a lot of fans would be in the same position.

For an adult km stand ST currently £245 - shifting it up roughly 10% to about £270 would be reasonable. 

KM Concession: could go from £145 to £160

main stand adult non prime currently £270 could increase to £300. 

Main stand Concession to go from £170 to £195

perhaps an u12’s charge of £25 could be implemented for kids outwith the family section - free for u12s in the family section. 

Main stand prime adult: £320 to £350

An increase along these lines doesn’t seem unreasonable imo. 

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Pretty sure I was £245 for my KM stand season ticket this year. I think if we go up a rise to around the £300 mark, maybe a wee bit more would be reasonable. I also put £240 into the FSS a year and I’ve been to hospitality twice. 

If the ST’s were to go up further I would maybe cut out one of the hospitality visits to cover the cost. A lot would depend on what else rises in my household budget and I dare say a lot of fans would be in the same position.

It’s pretty much a given that STs will be increased, I don’t think that there’s anyone not expecting a price increase in STs (confirmed by comments at the AGM.) There’s been some very good posts with many examples of possible approaches the club may consider, and it’s certainly not one fit for all. The BOD have released a couple of gaffs which if any of the previous bods had released, would have been slaughtered for, and for me really important to engage with the supporters  when the club pitches renewal's, ensuring that lessons have been learned. 

13 minutes ago, Ryan-FFC said:

For an adult km stand ST currently £245 - shifting it up roughly 10% to about £270 would be reasonable. 

KM Concession: could go from £145 to £160

main stand adult non prime currently £270 could increase to £300. 

Main stand Concession to go from £170 to £195

perhaps an u12’s charge of £25 could be implemented for kids outwith the family section - free for u12s in the family section. 

Main stand prime adult: £320 to £350

An increase along these lines doesn’t seem unreasonable imo. 

I’d agree with this as reasonable - as long as the free kids etc are kept.  However, the board will be very conscious of balancing “appropriate” pricing (whatever we think that is) with the need to ensure income is received early to ensure visibility. If we get promotion or get to Hampden in the cup then that becomes less of an issue.

someone else might know the actual numbers, but if we have say 2000 season tickets at an average of £250pp (bearing in mind a lot of concessions) then that’s currently £0.5m income.  Taking the average price up to £275pp would require more than 1818 renewals to keep income static (albeit you’d expect some fall away STs to pay at the gate). 

Statement of the obvious, but I’d expect the board to be budgeting on two bases - one for this league and one for the Championship, and have distinct ST pricing depending where we are. Can’t imagine theyll announce until our season is over.

1 minute ago, Disco Duck said:

I’d agree with this as reasonable - as long as the free kids etc are kept.  However, the board will be very conscious of balancing “appropriate” pricing (whatever we think that is) with the need to ensure income is received early to ensure visibility. If we get promotion or get to Hampden in the cup then that becomes less of an issue.

someone else might know the actual numbers, but if we have say 2000 season tickets at an average of £250pp (bearing in mind a lot of concessions) then that’s currently £0.5m income.  Taking the average price up to £275pp would require more than 1818 renewals to keep income static (albeit you’d expect some fall away STs to pay at the gate). 

Statement of the obvious, but I’d expect the board to be budgeting on two bases - one for this league and one for the Championship, and have distinct ST pricing depending where we are. Can’t imagine theyll announce until our season is over.

The average price is way lower than £250. You have to remove VAT from the pricing to start with 

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The average price is way lower than £250. You have to remove VAT from the pricing to start with 

True, but unless there’s a change in the VAT rate between scenarios, the general point stands.   What we're talking about changing is the cost to fans.

Edited by Disco Duck

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Whenever it comes to annual figures like this I always try to break it down to make it sound less painful. For somebody on 25k - 30k 600 quid (ST +FSS+ 1 trip to hospitality?) is about 2% - 3% of their annual income. 600 divided by 52 = 12 quid a week or GBP 1.64 a day.

I appreciate that with rampant inflation people might be counting every penny

Raise it 10% and leave it at that. Do away with the free kids tickets unless you are buying more than 2 then you could do 3 for 2's on kids tickets for larger groups/families. Add an extra £1 on tickets that are bought on the day to encourage people to buy early (especially away fans).

I have no idea what the cost of opening the north stand is but this should never happen unless we are accommodating a way crowds of 400+. I know there were some issues at the QOS game but there must be a better solution as the cost of opening catering facilities and having stewards for the stand is surely unnecessary. 

33 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Raise it 10% and leave it at that. Do away with the free kids tickets unless you are buying more than 2 then you could do 3 for 2's on kids tickets for larger groups/families. Add an extra £1 on tickets that are bought on the day to encourage people to buy early (especially away fans).

I have no idea what the cost of opening the north stand is but this should never happen unless we are accommodating a way crowds of 400+. I know there were some issues at the QOS game but there must be a better solution as the cost of opening catering facilities and having stewards for the stand is surely unnecessary. 

Good post, only thing I would add would remove the EB offer. Still think that there’s many more ways of raising additional cash.

Why not have on the ST renewal form maybe a section for a one off donation starting at £20 up to £100.

7 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Do the kids actually get in for free though? I thought the cost was just covered by ineos, therefore the club weren't actually losing out the possible revenue of the kids attending. 

The agreement with Ineos was in place for 2020 but can't confirm whether it was renewed or not. 

Bairn's Rewards is back for Season Ticket Holders!

The backing which you have provided the players with this season has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Your continued support is greatly appreciated by everyone at the club, as well as by our commercial partners.

As a result, 16 of our commercial partners have chosen to provide Season Ticket Holders with special discounts. Simply show your season ticket at any of the following businesses to access the corresponding discount:

• MC Squared - 25% off wedding, party, or event stationary.
  • IBT Timber - "Trade price" available, as well as free delivery to FK postcodes within 10 miles of IBT Timber.
  • Appeal Media - 5%-10% off across all services.
  • Little Stars Nursery - 10% off all prices.
  • Tonys Tile House - 15% off tiles and bathrooms.
  • Callendar Pharmacy - 10% off over the counter products.
  • Donoghue Accountants - 20% off of first year fees.
  • Cartmore Building Supplies - 10% off retail price.
  • JH Kilt Hire - 10% off kilt hires.
  • Falkirk Daft -  20% off podcast or episode sponsorship.
  • Vertus - 15% of all prices to be donated to the club.
  • Moore Hire - 30% off all equipment hire.
  • Giulio's Fish and Chips - 10% off collection orders.
  • Greenleaf - 10% off competitors pricing with code FALKIRKFC10.
  • Glasgow Gas Engineers - 10% off boiler services.
  • Kiltpin - 10% discount on hires from in-house stock, as well as group discount on 6 or more hires.

Yeah a ten percent rise across the board seems reasonable. Noones going to pay 390 a 140 quid rise on this  season that's just ludicrous. As mentioned above the free kids tickets are covered by ineos so there's no need to do away with them surely. It's a fantastic initiative letting the fans of the future in free. 

Unless its an absolute necessity I would keep the kids in free going. If they keep going we''ll get revenue from them for 50 years. Its vital to grow long term support. Don't forget many paying adults go if their kids get in free. I took my two daughters for years as they got in free, which meant I could go (and paid). I also started paying for them beyond 16. We took friends with us, it just snowballs.

Not sure if anybody will know but do the club have data to show how many kids take up the free ticket offer? It would be interesting to see if there any trends to show how much of that support we maintain into teenage years and also how it compares to previous years. A cost/benefit analysis will show how well it works. If Ineos had supported it then presumably they must have numbers to based their sponsorship on?

I'd give the option to Concessions to pay the Adult price if they can afford to do so, as i'm sure many of them can, and the age demographic of the support includes a lot of pensioners, who aren't poor. There is quite a large price ( too large in my opinion £100 for Main and South Stands and £ 55 for Prime Main Stand)  differential between an Adult and a Concession Season ticket.

I'd also at least make a charge for Under 12's going to Prime main stand. They should be paying something for attending a match in that area

Edited by NUMBER 7