The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Every time Director of Football is mentioned it gives me the heeby jeebies because it just reminds me of that utter charlatan of a cuntstain Holt.

This is where a good assistant comes into things. In Peter Taylor's book about his time with Brian Clough set out.

Clough: Get me an X,Y,Z type player

Taylor: Goes and selects a short list.

Clough - Taylor: Watch them and decide the one they want.

The example Taylor gave was Clough wanted a leader on the park and he came up with Dave McKay

Jeffries and Brown did something similar in their recruiting.

Player signings should be the managements teams selection then hand over to the board to do the money side of things.

Holt's shambles should exclude there being a DoF at the club.

27 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

No the striker. On loan at Hartlepool. Scored 8 in 16 games for Arbroath I believe.

He's on loan at Hartlepool for some reason of convenience. They have a contract to sign him at season's end. Although not scoring many he seems to have done well down there. I'm not even sure if they have an option to not take him permanently but can't imagine they won't do anyway.

50 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's on loan at Hartlepool for some reason of convenience. They have a contract to sign him at season's end. Although not scoring many he seems to have done well down there. I'm not even sure if they have an option to not take him permanently but can't imagine they won't do anyway.

We'll just have Ruari Paton instead then.

3 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

A much better idea than your last. STs were £320 last year, put the cost up to £330 and have the option to keep it at £320. Or keep it at £320 and £10 of each sale goes to FSS? Cant see people paying £120 extra over a year.

That level of increase does not even keep pace with inflation therefore is a real term reduction in income.

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

At the risk of being hit with another salvo of reddies, but for the sake of the football club that I love, I’m prepared to stick my head above the parapet once more!

Would FSS be legally allowed to access Falkirk FC’s ST mailing list to allow them to do a targeted mail drop appealing for members? And, this is really pushing the envelope, but if we are able to access this mailing list, I wonder if there was some way that people would have to opt out of joining FSS instead of having to opt in? Try to make it an integral part of buying a season ticket? This could maybe be done in conjunction with I think @Bigbrbairn's  idea of paying for your ST monthly.

Even successful business people (which I’m not) occasionally have bad ideas!

Xe điện 3 bánh “cực độc” - Sinclair C5 | Tạp chí Giao thông vận tải

GDPR regulations could be an issue in sharing the mailing list.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

Every time Director of Football is mentioned it gives me the heeby jeebies because it just reminds me of that utter charlatan of a cuntstain Holt.

sure I read Camelon juniors have just appointed one 

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That level of increase does not even keep pace with inflation therefore is a real term reduction in income.

The club has tried to engage and maximise as many STs sales in the past few seasons without increasing the prices. However this   Is simply unsustainable and I expect to club to increase the pricing by around 15%. Difficult and sore on all the supporters, but I don’t think anyone could really complain that the club could sustain freezing STs for a fourth year is the best business decision decision going forward and can’t see it happening.The example RP has used above is probably one of the most expensive prime seats at £320, and should the club use a 15% increase, the prime seat main stand would be £368, an increase of £48. Many ways of looking at the increase, an increase of £2.66 per game. 

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If it’s that fat bloke it sounds like he’s left Syngenta high and dry and unable to fulfil fixtures as he’s taken their playing and coaching staff.

It is. Bank rolled an amateur team in the Stirling league and thinks he can treat other teams the same way to work his way up.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

At the risk of being hit with another salvo of reddies, but for the sake of the football club that I love, I’m prepared to stick my head above the parapet once more!

Would FSS be legally allowed to access Falkirk FC’s ST mailing list to allow them to do a targeted mail drop appealing for members? And, this is really pushing the envelope, but if we are able to access this mailing list, I wonder if there was some way that people would have to opt out of joining FSS instead of having to opt in? Try to make it an integral part of buying a season ticket? This could maybe be done in conjunction with I think @Bigbrbairn's  idea of paying for your ST monthly.

Even successful business people (which I’m not) occasionally have bad ideas!

Xe điện 3 bánh “cực độc” - Sinclair C5 | Tạp chí Giao thông vận tải

Surely the club could include an opt in box on their ticketing page particularly the ST renewal page. For that matter they could encompass an opt in box on all ticketing pages

55 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The club has tried to engage and maximise as many STs sales in the past few seasons without increasing the prices. However this   Is simply unsustainable and I expect to club to increase the pricing by around 15%. Difficult and sore on all the supporters, but I don’t think anyone could really complain that the club could sustain freezing STs for a fourth year is the best business decision decision going forward and can’t see it happening.The example RP has used above is probably one of the most expensive prime seats at £320, and should the club use a 15% increase, the prime seat main stand would be £368, an increase of £48. Many ways of looking at the increase, an increase of £2.66 per game. 

The 10 year season ticket becomes even more attractive 😉

42 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Reading with interest the posts regarding potential price increase and wonder what would be reasonable.

I'd suggest £470 for an adult without an early bird offer but with DD option 🤔

18 home games a season so you're proposing £26 a game, very good pal.

Edited by FFC 1876